please don't get this one locked.

i hope we get cremo.
  • ZagaZags
    Banned
    • May 2010

Originally posted by soccerdud View Post
    please don't get this one locked.

i hope we get cremo.
    Maybe we could merge all three threads...

Comment

• soccerdud
      Zag for Life
      • Jul 2009

Originally posted by ZagaZags View Post
      Maybe we could merge all three threads...
      o/t but welcome back.

Comment

• Zags11
        Banned
        • Mar 2008

So about spokane...

Comment

• DZ
          Zag for Life
          • Sep 2007

An interesting hypothetical, say a highly desirable tx like Cremo states he wants to be a Zag.

Do we take the very very good bird in the hand, or do we wait until we hear from possible 2 year play and 5-star recruit, Williams?

I feel like we should be "all-in" on winning the N.C. next year. IF we had a commitment in hand from a guy as good as Cremo, we should snatch it up and close up the spot. The theory being that assuring ourselves of having "one" of them is the primary concern.

Of course, GoZags rightly pointed out that an entire iceberg lies below the surface we don't know about. I'm just throwing out a hypo for discussion purposes. It would not be an obvious call. But, based on the information WE have it seems like we need one of the two. If the 1 year player said he'd come, I might give up the 2 year player on the basis of assuring ourselves one of those guys for next year.

Interesting times.
          Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
          Mark Twain.

Comment

• ZagsObserver
            Zag for Life
            • Jan 2010

If it wasn’t for the Perkins injury I wouldn’t think another body was all that necessary or imperative. But we don’t know how quickly Perkins will recover, or whether he can gandle 35 minutes a game. For that reason, a pg that can come in and contribute at a high level could be key.

Comment

• soccerdud
              Zag for Life
              • Jul 2009

i'm excited about williams and think we have a chance -- but if cremo said he'd sign today, i'd send him the papers and not think twice. gotta take the sure thing.

have their been any updates on flynn? are we even definitively linked with him?

Comment

• cjm720
                Zag for Life
                • Nov 2007

Originally posted by GonzagasaurusFlex
                Cremo in a tough spot basically having to wait on Williams’ decision before he can decide. IF he were to say to Zags he wants to come to GU before Williams decides, I can see Zags asking him to wait until they know what William is doing. Commiting to Cremo before then would seemingly take Zags out of the running for Williams.

I’d confirm w Cremo as soon as he wanted to commit.
                Dunno. I have a hard time believing Cremo is worried about B Will. Either would be a huge get but I’d prob lean with Cremo due to experience.
                Go Zags!!!

Comment

• hondo
                  Zag for Life
                  • May 2009

Back to the real topic--snow

In several parking lots around Spokane snow piles remained well into May.

Comment

• basketballzag
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by cjm720 View Post
                    Dunno. I have a hard time believing Cremo is worried about B Will. Either would be a huge get but I’d prob lean with Cremo due to experience.
                    In my opinion (strictly gut feeling) Brandon Williams is going to recommit to Arizona not Oregon or Gonzaga. His final three video was posted on April 16th (AFTER the Oregon visit) and the lyrics clearly state that he "isn't afraid to cross that line and pay up fines" and "that's my top three in the order" which is a pretty subtle hint of where he is leaning as of three days ago. The picture of Arizona was #1, Oregon was #2, and Gonzaga #3. My feeling is that the Arizona coaching staff's recruiting pitch have told him the maximum penalty they will receive from this FBI matter is nothing more than a fine so don't worry about any post-Season or NCAA ban talk. I do believe that depending on how the visit goes that Gonzaga will leapfrog Oregon but its not enough even with all the evidence that Gonzaga is the better fit for him that its not enough to pry him away from his childhood dream of playing for Arizona.

Cremo and Flynn commitments would be my preference.

Comment

• GorgeZag
                      Kennel Club Material
                      • Feb 2007

Cremo dropped Oregon, let's get him in for a visit!

Comment

• thespywhozaggedme
                        Banned
                        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by GorgeZag View Post
                        Cremo dropped Oregon, let's get him in for a visit!
                        Uh oh, maybe he heard that BWill is gonna be a duck

Comment

• dhozagfan08
                          Kennel Club Material
                          • Jan 2017

Originally posted by cjm720 View Post
                          I was thinking thay is why a visit hasnt been scheduled, because he is waiting to see where b will goes.

Comment

• Coach Crazy
                            • Apr 2011

Originally posted by basketballzag View Post
                            In my opinion (strictly gut feeling) Brandon Williams is going to recommit to Arizona not Oregon or Gonzaga. His final three video was posted on April 16th (AFTER the Oregon visit) and the lyrics clearly state that he "isn't afraid to cross that line and pay up fines" and "that's my top three in the order" which is a pretty subtle hint of where he is leaning as of three days ago. The picture of Arizona was #1, Oregon was #2, and Gonzaga #3. My feeling is that the Arizona coaching staff's recruiting pitch have told him the maximum penalty they will receive from this FBI matter is nothing more than a fine so don't worry about any post-Season or NCAA ban talk. I do believe that depending on how the visit goes that Gonzaga will leapfrog Oregon but its not enough even with all the evidence that Gonzaga is the better fit for him that its not enough to pry him away from his childhood dream of playing for Arizona.

Cremo and Flynn commitments would be my preference.
                            First and foremost, if that ends up being true about AZ, then very disappointing. That a school would be ok with that kind of dishonesty, and a player would be ok, as well? I hope that's not the case. Would be interested to hear your take on Flynn, and why he's a preference of yours...

Comment

• thespywhozaggedme
                              Banned
                              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by dhozagfan08 View Post
                              I was thinking thay is why a visit hasnt been scheduled, because he is waiting to see where b will goes.
                              did you seem post directly above yours? if our conspiracy theory is correct, BWill could be Eugene bound since Cremo canceled his trip there.

Comment

Working...
                              X