Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425 LastLast

Thread: transfer thread, take three

You, like me are an irrelevant anonymous dork on a message board.

That is the truth, and if my family would put up with me preaching my "expertise" I wouldn't be on here.

Somebody asked about Zane Martin.

No one said anything about how his visit to Maryland went.

He just scheduled a visit to Clemson for this weekend.

Gonzaga’s visit is scheduled next weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by EEzag View Post
    You, like me are an irrelevant anonymous dork on a message board.

That is the truth, and if my family would put up with me preaching my "expertise" I wouldn't be on here.
    ha!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooray4Daye&Gray View Post
    Somebody asked about Zane Martin.

No one said anything about how his visit to Maryland went.

He just scheduled a visit to Clemson for this weekend.

Gonzaga’s visit is scheduled next weekend.
    Yeah, that was me. I checked 5 different Maryland message boards to find an active one (they all seemed dead) because I don't do twitter and didn't hear a thing. Clemson is 40 minutes down the road from me, didn't know they were recruiting him too. I thought he was visiting GU in 2 weeks on the 23rd, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Zagceo View Post
    this statement is filled with self projection IMHO

lighten up Francis
    Bouldin is correct. It's just uncanny.
    Not every comment deserves a response that deteriorates into a contest of who's right or wrong. It's just ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    Good point. And Zach proved that last year. I, like you am a bit baffled but fingers are still crossed.
    Same with most recruits: WCC and cracker box gyms. Perception is a lot...of course we can refute most claims all day long but our recruits aren’t as invested in all this like we are!
    Go Zags!!!

I want Geno Crandall.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagMan in Philly View Post
    I want Geno Crandall.
    Me too.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagMan in Philly View Post
    I want Geno Crandall.
    I want Crandall and Martin both, help set things up for a bit

stumbled upon this link yesterday looking up Crandall. Maybe it was posted here before. It's about the grad transfer rule and its effects on mid-major coaches and programs, with opinions.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...ege-basketball

Quote Originally Posted by bballbeachbum View Post
    I want Crandall and Martin both, help set things up for a bit

stumbled upon this link yesterday looking up Crandall. Maybe it was posted here before. It's about the grad transfer rule and its effects on mid-major coaches and programs, with opinions.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...ege-basketball
    It seems to me that until a player has publicly declared that he will be a grad transfer, it should be treated the same as recruiting a HS player. If they are contacted prior to declaring, that school should not be allowed to get them...and perhaps should have a punitive action against them, i.e. losing that schollie for a year.
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    It seems to me that until a player has publicly declared that he will be a grad transfer, it should be treated the same as recruiting a HS player. If they are contacted prior to declaring, that school should not be allowed to get them...and perhaps should have a punitive action against them, i.e. losing that schollie for a year.
    I think any violations should result in Pacific getting punished.

Quote Originally Posted by Kong-Kool-Aid View Post
    Who?

Ongoing joke about Pacific getting punished for any schools violations.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    Ongoing joke about Pacific getting punished for any schools violations.
    Who?

Quote Originally Posted by ZagaholicPodcast View Post
    Who?
    The school down the road from Nike; Forest Grove.
    "I just dropped in to see what condition my condition was in..."

Update that could impact Crandall. Matz Stokman has decided to graduate & transfer from a Minnesota freeing up a scholarship for the Gophers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GuZag2012 View Post
    Update that could impact Crandall. Matz Stokman has decided to graduate & transfer from a Minnesota freeing up a scholarship for the Gophers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My presumption is he will return home to Twin Cities to play his final season.

It's where he wanted to go after HS yet was never offered. He was only 6'0, 160lbs when he graduated. He has become taller and stronger since, now has his choice...

Fwiw, geno was on MN campus 2 days ago
    "Rob plays with a high level of intensity when it's time, has a good time when it's not ... I love his enthusiasm and his zest for life. He picks us all up when he enters the gym."

-- Coach Few

Quote Originally Posted by raise the zag View Post
    My presumption is he will return home to Twin Cities to play his final season.

It's where he wanted to go after HS yet was never offered. He was only 6'0, 160lbs when he graduated. He has become taller and stronger since, now has his choice...

Fwiw, geno was on MN campus 2 days ago
    I think his dad wants MN but Geno wants to win. He could win some at MN, and at X, but I think the prospect of playing in MN when it really counts (at the Final Four) could be an opportunity he has a hard time passing up.

Comfort vs. Competition on the highest level

I feel good about this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Kong-Kool-Aid View Post
    Well played.
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Zane Martin's visit is the 22nd through the 24th and he is expected to make his decision by month's end.

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    Zane Martin's visit is the 22nd through the 24th and he is expected to make his decision by month's end.
    That's what I thought, it was next weekend not this weekend. If Zach blows up and leaves for the NBA, Martin can literally seamlessly step right into his spot, they are so similar in skills, size and they're both left-handed.

I posted this in the reclassified thread but it's relevant here as well:

Interesting development: 5* guard Ashton Hagans, the #17 recruit for 2019 just reclassified to 2018 and committed to Kentucky. Wasn't that the scholarship that they were leaving for Reid Travis?
    Last edited by thespywhozaggedme; 06-15-2018 at 05:58 PM.

I posted this in the reclassified thread but it's relevant here as well:

Interesting development: 5* guard Ashton Hagans, the #17 recruit for 2019 just reclassified to 2019 and committed to Kentucky. Wasn't that the scholarship that they were leaving for Reid Travis?
    I assume you mean he has reclassified to 2018? Would LOVE to see a bigs rotation of Travis, Tillie, Clarke w Petrusev and Larsen using this season to get ready to step right into big roles for 2019-20 as at least two of those three will be gone
    “I don’t expect us to be perfect anytime soon,” guard Silas Melson said, “but one thing I do expect is trying to get better every day and playing tougher, harder and more physical than the opponent.”

Quote Originally Posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post
    I assume you mean he has reclassified to 2018? Would LOVE to see a bigs rotation of Travis, Tillie, Clarke w Petrusev and Larsen using this season to get ready to step right into big roles for 2019-20 as at least two of those three will be gone
    Yes, sorry I meant 2018. I fixed it. I thought they only had 1 schollie available, because we were the only high major team that had/have 2 available, bur now that schollie has gone to Hagans. But Cal is sleazy enough to kick a player off and send him to Georgia State or some other feeder school.

That's what I thought, it was next weekend not this weekend. If Zach blows up and leaves for the NBA, Martin can literally seamlessly step right into his spot, they are so similar in skills, size and they're both left-handed.
    Hoopfest weekend?