Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 172324252627

Thread: transfer thread, take three

Quote Originally Posted by hooter73 View Post
    Hes going to be 23 years old by the 2019 draft with a history of injuries, on a team that doesnt fit his playing style, in a league that he will have a hard time getting his numbers to look decent in. Cal cant overcome that to the league scouts.
    Thank u.

Quote Originally Posted by thebigsmoove View Post
    Not a shock at all. What was shocking was how everyone doubted the rumors that he was almost a lock to go to Lexington in the first place. Sometimes homerism can be blinding.
    So do you believe everything you read on the internet...lol

Without knowing why this kid chose Kentucky, and not knowing what his precise roll will be or how the season will unfold for him, I think it is comical that folks on this board would pontificate on how smart or dumb the decision was. I can think of a half dozen reasons right off the top of my head why picking Kentucky over Nova or GU might be preferred by a kid like Travis. i can also think of another half dozen reasons why someone in his shoes might want to go somewhere other than Kentucky. We are not him and we have no idea what drove him to transfer to Lexington, and without knowing his reasons it is a fools errand to try and proclaim how wise or unwise that decision was

Quote Originally Posted by MileHigh View Post
    Without knowing why this kid chose Kentucky, and not knowing what his precise roll will be or how the season will unfold for him, I think it is comical that folks on this board would pontificate on how smart or dumb the decision was. I can think of a half dozen reasons right off the top of my head why picking Kentucky over Nova or GU might be preferred by a kid like Travis. i can also think of another half dozen reasons why someone in his shoes might want to go somewhere other than Kentucky. We are not him and we have no idea what drove him to transfer to Lexington, and without knowing his reasons it is a fools errand to try and proclaim how wise or unwise that decision was
    Of course we can’t know his reasons but isn’t tossing around opinions about why, where, how etc. on any and all topics related to GU hoops the raison d’ętre of this forum?
    “I don’t expect us to be perfect anytime soon,” guard Silas Melson said, “but one thing I do expect is trying to get better every day and playing tougher, harder and more physical than the opponent.”

As per Jon Rothstein. Geno Crandell visiting us next weekend. Also I posted this to reply in 2018 thread.

Quote Originally Posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post
    Of course we can’t know his reasons but isn’t tossing around opinions about why, where, how etc. on any and all topics related to GU hoops the raison d’ętre of this forum?
    Spot on, Flex. We all wish the kid well, some of us just dismayed by the decision on K. If he chose Jay there’d be 99% approval here.

If I was Reid, I would probably just go to the place I thought I would have the most fun at this point. If he is an NBA player, the NBA will find him. Nigel Williams Goss is a fringe NBA player and had more exposure his last year than just about anybody I can think of. I don't think the path can be the same for any two people. To thine own self be true, or something like that...