Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Maui, Maui, Maui....

Default Maui, Maui, Maui....

Need guidance on best way to sign up for the Maui event: hotels, tix to games, transport, Zags events, etc. Any help much appreciated. I am reading the Maui Classic site and it's dense with promos but very short on details.......

I would get a condo in Kihei, personally. Cheapest way to stay in Maui, next to great beaches.

Started a thread on this on 3-27 -- Mods may want to blend.

Should be a wonderful event.

Go Zags!!
    “The true measure of a Jesuit education,” said former Superior General Peter-Hans Kolvenbach, “is not what our students do, but who they become.”

Quote Originally Posted by 77Zag View Post
    Started a thread on this on 3-27 -- Mods may want to blend.

Should be a wonderful event.

Go Zags!!
    I see it. Thanks. I’m looking for advice on where and how to buy hotel and game tix. Via the Maui site or is there a travel agent in Spokane or elsewhere that can handle it as well or better?

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    I see it. Thanks. I’m looking for advice on where and how to buy hotel and game tix. Via the Maui site or is there a travel agent in Spokane or elsewhere that can handle it as well or better?
    I will be watching as well -- I've got my room set and flights, so it's just tickets for me. Try VRBO/ARBNB for a room?

Go Zags!!
    “The true measure of a Jesuit education,” said former Superior General Peter-Hans Kolvenbach, “is not what our students do, but who they become.”

its a closed process through the maui authorized vendor for package deals now thru August.

tickets become available as a ticket only purchase in August.

I am booking my condo through vrbo and flights individually then watching to pick up tournament tickets..........
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

The Maui tourney sure is a nice talking point for sales pitch to incoming guard prospects that + preseason ranking + NCAA tourney appearances & success + Zags in NBA + new facilities + outstanding, high integrity team culture.

Any prospect who can’t see that forest through the WCC conference membership trees is free to go where he please.
    “I don’t expect us to be perfect anytime soon,” guard Silas Melson said, “but one thing I do expect is trying to get better every day and playing tougher, harder and more physical than the opponent.”

Next year's Maui should provide the opportunity for as special a tourny as when Adam's team went and near won it. Loaded field, and I can't imagine a better team to go to a loaded field tourny with.

Gives us the chance, the chance, to beat Duke and UNC in the same year. I'm saying there's a chance.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post
    Next year's Maui should provide the opportunity for as special a tourny as when Adam's team went and near won it. Loaded field, and I can't imagine a better team to go to a loaded field tourny with.

Gives us the chance, the chance, to beat Duke and UNC in the same year. I'm saying there's a chance.
    Not to nitpick, but it's actually this year.

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    Not to nitpick, but it's actually this year.
    Why do you do this? Everyone knows it's the NEXT school year, or the next basketball season. You don't have to comment on stuff like this and yeah, it is nitpicking.
    “When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”

~ Desiderius Erasmus

Seems like it's time for a Mai Tai !

Quote Originally Posted by 77Zag View Post
    Seems like it's time for a Mai Tai !
    You know it! I've been saving for the trip/event; however, we are planning a relocation out-of-state during the same time. Very nervous I may have to miss this once in a lifetime field and event, as resources will be limited due to the move.

Still trying to find a way...

Need guidance on best way to sign up for the Maui event: hotels, tix to games, transport, Zags events, etc. Any help much appreciated. I am reading the Maui Classic site and it's dense with promos but very short on details.......
    For hotel check out Costco Travel, assuming you have a Costco membership. Not only are their prices well below everyone else, they also include a rental car.

How much were just the tickets last year? Should give a ballpark of how much they'll be this year.

Quote Originally Posted by adoptedzag View Post
    How much were just the tickets last year? Should give a ballpark of how much they'll be this year.
    All-Tournament ticket in 2017 was $774. Saves roughly $100 vs buying individual tickets to every game.

For single games:

First day tickets: $85 per game

Consolation bracket games besides 3rd place gm: $35 per game

Semifinals: $105 per game

3rd place game: $85

Championship: $105
    "After holding open practices during his first three seasons, Romar closed them to reporters last season, citing the "Gonzaga factor." He felt his team was compromised before the 2004-05 game against the Zags, that the opponent awaiting him and beating him 99-87 in Spokane seemed a little too well prepared."

Quote Originally Posted by TheGonzagaFactor View Post
    All-Tournament ticket in 2017 was $774. Saves roughly $100 vs buying individual tickets to every game.

For single games:

awesome. Thanks

For single games:

I don't get it , do some people go to every single game? I would just be going to the Zags games and enjoying Maui with the family when we're not playing if I go. According to you that would be $295

I don't get it , do some people go to every single game? I would just be going to the Zags games and enjoying Maui with the family when we're not playing if I go. According to you that would be $295
    consider me odd but I go to every game when I attend tournaments.........from state tournaments to zag tournaments....consider me planted firmly in a seat to watch every minute of every game possible
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopaholic View Post
    consider me odd but I go to every game when I attend tournaments.........from state tournaments to zag tournaments....consider me planted firmly in a seat to watch every minute of every game possible
    I went to Maui 2 years ago and went to 11 of the 12 games (skipped the 8:30 am 7th place game I believe) and also went to 11 of the 12 games at Atlantis back in 2015. It really depends if you're going for solely your team or if you just love basketball. I go because the team I root for is in the tournament, but I also want to watch exciting, competitive games between teams I might not see live otherwise.

We took in 13 games at PK80...the max we could watch. Will do the same in Maui.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopaholic View Post
    Wow!

Quote Originally Posted by ConnZag3 View Post
    I went to Maui 2 years ago and went to 11 of the 12 games (skipped the 8:30 am 7th place game I believe) and also went to 11 of the 12 games at Atlantis back in 2015. It really depends if you're going for solely your team or if you just love basketball. I go because the team I root for is in the tournament, but I also want to watch exciting, competitive games between teams I might not see live otherwise.
    I love basketball, but I love Maui more. I'm going to watch the Zags.

I plan to spend plenty of extra days enjoying Maui after the tournament.

As some have said, yes, some people go to every game.

I don't think I could handle staying indoors on Maui from roughly 9AM - 8PM for three days in a row.

If I had the $ to blow I'd buy the all-tourney pass just so I had the option of popping in whenever, but I'll probably catch the Zags and one other game per day for a total of 6.
    "After holding open practices during his first three seasons, Romar closed them to reporters last season, citing the "Gonzaga factor." He felt his team was compromised before the 2004-05 game against the Zags, that the opponent awaiting him and beating him 99-87 in Spokane seemed a little too well prepared."

As some have said, yes, some people go to every game.

I don't think I could handle staying indoors on Maui from roughly 9AM - 8PM for three days in a row.

If I had the $ to blow I'd buy the all-tourney pass just so I had the option of popping in whenever, but I'll probably catch the Zags and one other game per day for a total of 6.
    That's exactly my point, it's not like the tournament is in Cleveland. Maui is paradise on earth, we went there for our honeymoon and absolutely loved it. To spend eight hours in doors in Maui is nuts, in my opinion of course