Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Maui, Maui, Maui....

Panicked and bought game 8 and 10 tickets on SeatGeek yesterday, ouch, body blow, but i feel better today.

Quote Originally Posted by MEZAG View Post
    Panicked and bought game 8 and 10 tickets on SeatGeek yesterday, ouch, body blow, but i feel better today.
    Same. Rooting extra hard that Gonzaga wins those first two games, I suppose!

went to look today and no tickets for those two games and it is a gamble. Checked other sights and no tickets. Am hoping that tickets start to show up. If Duke loses game 2 to Auburn- am guessing and hoping a lot of tickets open up for game 12 as I do not Auburn sold their allotment- after all it is football season and think Bama game is around then.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooray4Daye&Gray View Post
    Same. Rooting extra hard that Gonzaga wins those first two games, I suppose!
    They will beat the Illini with me playing point guard (Knocking on wood) so game 8 is almost a lock. Then game 10 is the championship so even if they don't play in that and play later, selling the game 10 ticket will be fairly easy and getting a consolation game ticket will be fairly easy. crossing fingers.....

Quote Originally Posted by sittingon50 View Post
    Try some of the other schools that you suspect may not sell their full quota. I got tickets to the WCC Tourney a few years back thru Pacific.

For example, how well will Auburn travel during football season?
    I don't think this would help for watching Gonzaga games unless the Zags play Auburn.
    "After holding open practices during his first three seasons, Romar closed them to reporters last season, citing the "Gonzaga factor." He felt his team was compromised before the 2004-05 game against the Zags, that the opponent awaiting him and beating him 99-87 in Spokane seemed a little too well prepared."

Quote Originally Posted by TheGonzagaFactor View Post
    I don't think this would help for watching Gonzaga games unless the Zags play Auburn.
    Was referring to an all-tourney package, Factor. I should have been more clear. If someone is sweating it, might have to pony-up that way.
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

Anyone who has been to the MI in the past and purchased the hotel and ticket package know when/how they get their tickets? I purchased the package last January and they held $1k and then recently charged the rest. The site mentions will-call but it isn't super clear.

Have a feeling fans via Japan will be joining the fun this year.

Rui is quite the draw.

Could be another reason tickets have been more sparse this season.

Quote Originally Posted by sittingon50 View Post
    Was referring to an all-tourney package, Factor. I should have been more clear. If someone is sweating it, might have to pony-up that way.
    FYI I reached out to them via email and they said the all-tourney packages were sold out/not available.
    "After holding open practices during his first three seasons, Romar closed them to reporters last season, citing the "Gonzaga factor." He felt his team was compromised before the 2004-05 game against the Zags, that the opponent awaiting him and beating him 99-87 in Spokane seemed a little too well prepared."

Quote Originally Posted by mgadfly View Post
    Anyone who has been to the MI in the past and purchased the hotel and ticket package know when/how they get their tickets? I purchased the package last January and they held $1k and then recently charged the rest. The site mentions will-call but it isn't super clear.
    They emailed me and told me that they are mailing out my tickets soon. I guess I jumped the gun a little on getting nervous about them.

Dang, I was hoping I could show up to the venue and get tickets like 4 years ago. Anyone know if any tickets get held back for in person sales?

They must sell tickets in person at least for the title game because when I went 2 years ago, there were ppl sitting in the aisles on championship night. It was nuts and didn't seem very legal...

Quote Originally Posted by mgadfly View Post
    I experienced the same "Cone of Silence" treatment and finally contacted the organizers. I was informed "The packages will be sent out in mid to late October.". There was also an option of ponying up an additional $20 for your tickets to be FedExed to you the first week of November instead of picking them up on-site.

For such a pricey event, the confirmation/follow-up process (absolutely none) has been very lacking in every aspect . If this were not such a well known event, I would be very worried about the thousands of dollars already paid to the promoters.

Here's hoping all changes once the wheels touch the tarmac of Maui.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluze View Post
    I experienced the same "Cone of Silence" treatment and finally contacted the organizers. I was informed "The packages will be sent out in mid to late October.". There was also an option of ponying up an additional $20 for your tickets to be FedExed to you the first week of November instead of picking them up on-site.

For such a pricey event, the confirmation/follow-up process (absolutely none) has been very lacking in every aspect . If this were not such a well known event, I would be very worried about the thousands of dollars already paid to the promoters.

Here's hoping all changes once the wheels touch the tarmac of Maui.
    The whole Maui promo turned me off. Very, very shady, IMO. Colleges and ADs should take a look at the event from the fans' POV. Utterly non-transparent in all phases of the promo run-up. It's a just studio show for ESPN, I get that, but it still should be a little more above board.

Now I wish I had bought the package tour as it came with tickets but thought they were just too damn expensive and if you wanted to stay an extra day or two that cost was very high. Have been told tickets are easy to get the day of the game but I shall see- am thinking that will not be the case this year. If you bought the package the tickets are marked Gonzaga 1, Gonzaga 2 and Gonzaga 3 as one does not know if they will win and thus they do not mention the session. But there are tickets on Stubhub etc where the tickets are sold by session number. Not clear where or to whom those tickets were sold but they are out there. Just seems to me that they should divide the tickets between the schools and if they do not sell, then sell them at the session. am thinking am not going to get into any games as not about to pay the prices listed on the ticket resell sights. So guess I will be in some bar in Maui watching the games- just hope the weather is nice.

The packages are way overpriced! Apparently that doesn’t bother too many people. I’ve been to the tournament 3 times and never had a problem getting Zags tickets in August when the unsold tickets went on sale until this year. Someone has suggested the reason for the early sell-out through the packages may be the Rui influence and that could be right. One thing is clear - Zag fans will travel far and don’t seem to mind the costs. Like you, I will have to settle for seeing them play on tv in some bar in Maui. Or, you can quite often bump into the players at the Sheraton or some of the other hotels in Kanaapli. One for my favorite memories is seeing Robert Sacre jumping off the rocks at Black Rock����. And you can meet other players from other teams on the beaches as well. Oh well, there are worse alternatives.

Go Zags!

Made the late decision to head to Maui. Super excited! But tickets are hard to find If anyone wants to sell an extra set or two, I’m ready!

Looking forward to supporting a super group of guys in an awesome tournament

Quote Originally Posted by Virginia Zags Fan View Post
    Made the late decision to head to Maui. Super excited! But tickets are hard to find If anyone wants to sell an extra set or two, I’m ready!

I'm booked already for the stay, but tickets are more pricey than the Final Four -- i'm with Virginia -- if anyone is looking to sell, send me a PM ---
    Go Zags - Rock the Maui Field!!
    “The true measure of a Jesuit education,” said former Superior General Peter-Hans Kolvenbach, “is not what our students do, but who they become.”

I read this today in The Athletic in an article about Xavier and their trip to Maui. Thought it might help some of you who are going!

Odom said it would be unusual if the tournament did not sell out. Xavier fans snapped up the school’s allotment of 400 booster packages over the summer. Every school except Auburn sold out its allowance well before fall. If tickets remain from unsold packages, then single-game tickets will go on sale Friday. Tickets also are made available to Maui residents.
    “When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”

~ Desiderius Erasmus

Quote Originally Posted by Radbooks View Post
    I read this today in The Athletic in an article about Xavier and their trip to Maui. Thought it might help some of you who are going!
    Man I can't wait for this one to kick off. Sure wish I could make it over there for a week of great basketball action!

Maui Jim somehow sponsoring Texas Southern?

4 games involve Texas Southern opening and regional games

https://mauiinvitational.com/sports/...14Bracket.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by Zagceo View Post
    Maui Jim somehow sponsoring Texas Southern?

4 games involve Texas Southern opening and regional games

https://mauiinvitational.com/sports/...14Bracket.aspx
    Plus it shows them in the field below. Good for Texas Southern. I guess I was not aware that the Maui Invite including Opening round games on the mainland and a regional portion as well.

Only Xavier’s game isn’t sold out for tomorrow’s ticket sales :/

Quote Originally Posted by Virginia Zags Fan View Post

Happy for you and all Zag fans in Maui for this tourney...jealous too! My gut tells me it is going to be a surreal experience, one for the best ever Maui tourney annals. With 3 top 10 teams in Duke, Auburn, Zags plus great hoops programs like Arizona, Xavier, Iowa State we’ve known it will be epic for a long time now. The Zion Williamson factor is taking this tourney to the next level; all the hype around him seems merited...not to mention his fellow lotto picks RJ Barrett and Cam Reddish.

Hope Zags and Dukies do their parts to set up a Maui Championship matchup. I had not realized until last night’s ESPN info graphic that Maui tourney is 3 games in 3 days. That sucks. Wish they played Monday, Tuesday and Thurs (or Friday) to allow players and staffs some rest and preparation before title game. IF both Zags and Duke get there, both will be dog tired due to limited benches...Duke w a big edge in bench talent.
    It is their time....their team...I just get to watch. - Bartruff1

Zags landed in Maui. Wish them boys all the best.
    Go Zags!