• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jazzdelmar
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Maui, Maui, Maui....

Need guidance on best way to sign up for the Maui event: hotels, tix to games, transport, Zags events, etc. Any help much appreciated. I am reading the Maui Classic site and it's dense with promos but very short on details.......
  • scrooner
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

I would get a condo in Kihei, personally. Cheapest way to stay in Maui, next to great beaches.

Comment

• 77Zag
      Zag for Life
      • Aug 2007

Started a thread on this on 3-27 -- Mods may want to blend.

Should be a wonderful event.

Go Zags!!
      “The true measure of a Jesuit education,” said former Superior General Peter-Hans Kolvenbach, “is not what our students do, but who they become.”

Comment

• jazzdelmar
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by 77Zag View Post
        Started a thread on this on 3-27 -- Mods may want to blend.

Should be a wonderful event.

Go Zags!!
        I see it. Thanks. I’m looking for advice on where and how to buy hotel and game tix. Via the Maui site or is there a travel agent in Spokane or elsewhere that can handle it as well or better?

Comment

• 77Zag
          Zag for Life
          • Aug 2007

Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post
          I see it. Thanks. I’m looking for advice on where and how to buy hotel and game tix. Via the Maui site or is there a travel agent in Spokane or elsewhere that can handle it as well or better?
          I will be watching as well -- I've got my room set and flights, so it's just tickets for me. Try VRBO/ARBNB for a room?

Go Zags!!
          “The true measure of a Jesuit education,” said former Superior General Peter-Hans Kolvenbach, “is not what our students do, but who they become.”

Comment

• Hoopaholic
            • Mar 2008

its a closed process through the maui authorized vendor for package deals now thru August.

tickets become available as a ticket only purchase in August.

I am booking my condo through vrbo and flights individually then watching to pick up tournament tickets..........
            The ones that want to love us when we’re up & kick us when we’re down, screw off honestly. Drew Timme January 2023

Comment

• GonzagasaurusFlex
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

The Maui tourney sure is a nice talking point for sales pitch to incoming guard prospects that + preseason ranking + NCAA tourney appearances & success + Zags in NBA + new facilities + outstanding, high integrity team culture.

Any prospect who can’t see that forest through the WCC conference membership trees is free to go where he please.
              Even though I care a lot about my basketball opinions, they are like comparing a bicycle to a championship motorcycle who is our coach. . ZagsGoZags

Comment

• DZ
                Zag for Life
                • Sep 2007

Next year's Maui should provide the opportunity for as special a tourny as when Adam's team went and near won it. Loaded field, and I can't imagine a better team to go to a loaded field tourny with.

Gives us the chance, the chance, to beat Duke and UNC in the same year. I'm saying there's a chance.
                Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
                Mark Twain.

Comment

• thespywhozaggedme
                  Banned
                  • Feb 2007

Originally posted by DixieZag View Post
                  Next year's Maui should provide the opportunity for as special a tourny as when Adam's team went and near won it. Loaded field, and I can't imagine a better team to go to a loaded field tourny with.

Gives us the chance, the chance, to beat Duke and UNC in the same year. I'm saying there's a chance.
                  Not to nitpick, but it's actually this year.

Comment

• Radbooks
                    Zag for Life
                    • Jun 2007

Originally posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
                    Not to nitpick, but it's actually this year.
                    Why do you do this? Everyone knows it's the NEXT school year, or the next basketball season. You don't have to comment on stuff like this and yeah, it is nitpicking.
                    “When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”

~ Desiderius Erasmus

Comment

• 77Zag
                      Zag for Life
                      • Aug 2007

Seems like it's time for a Mai Tai !

Comment

• Therunner
                        Zag for Life
                        • Dec 2007

Originally posted by 77Zag View Post
                        Seems like it's time for a Mai Tai !
                        You know it! I've been saving for the trip/event; however, we are planning a relocation out-of-state during the same time. Very nervous I may have to miss this once in a lifetime field and event, as resources will be limited due to the move.

Still trying to find a way...

Comment

• Jakester425
                          Kennel Club Alum
                          • Sep 2008

Need guidance on best way to sign up for the Maui event: hotels, tix to games, transport, Zags events, etc. Any help much appreciated. I am reading the Maui Classic site and it's dense with promos but very short on details.......
                          For hotel check out Costco Travel, assuming you have a Costco membership. Not only are their prices well below everyone else, they also include a rental car.

Comment

• adoptedzag
                            Zag for Life
                            • Feb 2007

How much were just the tickets last year? Should give a ballpark of how much they'll be this year.

Comment

• TheGonzagaFactor
                              Zag for Life
                              • Oct 2011

Originally posted by adoptedzag View Post
                              How much were just the tickets last year? Should give a ballpark of how much they'll be this year.
                              All-Tournament ticket in 2017 was $774. Saves roughly $100 vs buying individual tickets to every game.

For single games:

First day tickets: $85 per game

Consolation bracket games besides 3rd place gm: $35 per game

Semifinals: $105 per game

3rd place game: $85

Championship: $105
                              "After holding open practices during his first three seasons, Romar closed them to reporters last season, citing the "Gonzaga factor." He felt his team was compromised before the 2004-05 game against the Zags, that the opponent awaiting him and beating him 99-87 in Spokane seemed a little too well prepared."

Comment

Working...
                              X