Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Interesting tweet/info

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    University Place, WA (aka Chambers Bay)
    Posts
    4,769

    Default Interesting tweet/info

    Zags Top 10 over the last decade.

    https://twitter.com/totally_t_bomb/s...ille.811388%2F

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    17,250 miles East of Spokane
    Posts
    17,512

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GoZags View Post
    I’m not exactly sure what metric that is using but Louisville At #3 seems like an outlier.
    Zags #10 over the last ten years? I think most people would buy that.

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GoZags View Post
    #8 on the Top 25 Individual Teams of all-time, too. Craziness.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    785

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coach Crazy View Post
    #8 on the Top 25 Individual Teams of all-time, too. Craziness.
    I think that's Top 25 teams over the past 10 years.

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scrooner View Post
    I think that's Top 25 teams over the past 10 years.
    I rest me case...

    Kidding. Definitely last 10 years. Still incredible.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    426

    Default

    Fewest losses of all of the schools on that list. And for some reason, that number feels a little high - I guess I'm choosing not to remember any seasons that caused us to average 7 losses per year over the last 10 years.
    My posts indicate that I don't seem to follow college basketball all that closely.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Vancouver, WA
    Posts
    55,910

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BayAreaZagFan View Post
    Fewest losses of all of the schools on that list. And for some reason, that number feels a little high - I guess I'm choosing not to remember any seasons that caused us to average 7 losses per year over the last 10 years.
    His data covers an 11 year period - giving us an average of 6 losses per year.

    Season Record
    2007–08 25-8
    2008–09 28–6
    2009–10 27–7
    2010–11 25–10
    2011–12 26–7
    2012–13 32–3
    2013–14 29–7
    2014–15 35–3
    2015–16 28–8
    2016–17 37–2
    2017–18 32–5

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    11,868

    Default

    That 8 loss season 3 yrs ago was a nail biter. Since this is our school, for me, it's hard to grasp they're talking about this smaller school.
    Looking at the list, it seems nearly impossible to do what the program has done. In the last 90's and early 2000's many expected us to be a flash in the pan. UW comments were the worst! "Lucky" was the term. "Nonsustainable" since nobody wants to go there. Can't recruit. I don't know of anyone in field who had confidence we would continue despite a lot of things weighing against continued success.

    And yet, look when this program is now....not to mention other things in the University that have come along. It's an historical proposition. Timing was right, coaching was right, facilities expanded. Some sort of intervention occurred. And the players continued to sign up. I don't think there will be a "next Gonzaga" in my lifetime. Which is good--- as it seems to be a one off miracle. I guess many would need to have watch Zag basketball for 30-40 or more years to know what a miracle this is.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    University Place, WA (aka Chambers Bay)
    Posts
    4,769

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    I guess many would need to have watch Zag basketball for 30-40 or more years to know what a miracle this is.
    Big time .... and the fact is ... the program has done it the right way. On the floor. In the classroom. In the community. The right way.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Chattaroy
    Posts
    3,305

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GoZags View Post
    Big time .... and the fact is ... the program has done it the right way. On the floor. In the classroom. In the community. The right way.
    Yeah, imagine you’re 18-20. All of your life GU’s been successful. That’s gotta be a notable recruitment factor.
    http://www.fowlplaces.com/zags/GoZagsTinySignGuyGlassesColor.png

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Posts
    8,328

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zagger View Post
    Yeah, imagine you’re 18-20. All of your life GU’s been successful. That’s gotta be a notable recruitment factor.
    Conversely, my sons have never seen a championship worthy Dallas Cowboys team...and the oldest will be 29 in ten days. Yet Jerry Jones has amassed a multi-billion dollar fortune on the goodwill of the last Super Bowl nearly 25 years ago.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    6,152

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    Conversely, my sons have never seen a championship worthy Dallas Cowboys team...and the oldest will be 29 in ten days. Yet Jerry Jones has amassed a multi-billion dollar fortune on the goodwill of the last Super Bowl nearly 25 years ago.
    And I remember when Coach Landry always wore a collar and tie on the sidelines. Now that isn't allowed.
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    17,239

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    And I remember when Coach Landry always wore a collar and tie on the sidelines. Now that isn't allowed.
    The NFL doesn't brand suits and ties, but they do sure sell the apparel that the coaches wear.

    To be fair, Tex, though it's been 24 years (or whatever), that was sure one heck of a football team. Maybe the best NFL team put together, right there with the 76 Steelers.

    Jerry Jones is one sharp business person, and I am not even a Cowboys fan - quite the opposite, actually.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •