Kansas & N.C. State tied into FBI’s college basketball probe, new indictments issued

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Corky
    Kennel Club Alum
    • Mar 2012

Originally posted by CDC84 View Post
    L.A. Gear!
    Brilliant! 🤠

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

• TexasZagFan
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

What about Sketchers?

Comment

• gonstu
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

P F Flyers - a la benny the jet

Comment

• Zagceo
          Zag for Life
          • Nov 2013

Originally posted by asoc View Post
          I personally never buy Adidas anymore.

They helped usher in the culture of corruption within the soccer world by bribing and giving kick backs to FIFA officials from the 80s onward. They bribed their way to hosting the 2008 world cup.
          They are now in deep with this NCAA mess.

Nike isn't clean either, fyi.
          Most countries call it “business”....America is the exception

any old timers remember Converse?

Comment

• tummydoc
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2013

Big baller brand ;-)

Comment

• ZagsGoZags
              Zag for Life
              • Nov 2007

I hope more results of the investigation come to light. It is super unfair for colleges that are not involved in this to have to compete with schools that participate in recruiting in this way. Also if more comes to light there will be some top recruits and their families that want to choose elite schools that are clean. Consider me naive, but I believe Coach Few would never touch a situation like this. It is possible it could help our recruiting some day, if the whole investigation comes out in the open.
              More coming to light would also highlight the fact that only SOME not ALL NCAA schools will involve themselves with sponsors this way.

another link, https://www.yahoo.com/sports/new-fed...234400184.html

Comment

• jazzdelmar
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Zagceo View Post

Black, low cut Cons. But the world changed w the introduction of Adidas Superstars. Half canvas, half leather, multiple colors, highs and lows, the playground was never the same. Cherished em.

Comment

• TexasZagFan
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Zagceo View Post

On my HS teams, we wore white high-top Chuck Taylors. The look was accentuated with white (with green stripes) knee high socks, secured at the top with white adhesive tape.

My mom couldn't understand why we paid that much money for a pair of "sneakers" and socks. lol...peer pressure is a constant through history.

Comment

• TexasZagFan
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by willandi View Post
                    That raises the possibility that the small schools that have been punished will take the NCAA to court for unequal treatment of schools.
                    Pacific should be the first school to lawyer up.

It's high time to name names...everyone knows the NC State player who took money is Dennis Smith, now playing with the Dallas Mavericks. He's rapidly becoming a favorite son in the Metroplex, and not one local writer has asked him any questions about the money he took at NC State. All 3 local sports talk stations are silent, too. Understandable, considering how irrelevant the Mavericks are.

Cuban has one more year of riding Dirk's coattails, as Dirk announced yesterday his plans to return for one more year. After that, it's o-v-e-r for the Mavs.

Comment

• jazzdelmar
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by TexasZagFan View Post
                      Pacific should be the first school to lawyer up.

It's high time to name names...everyone knows the NC State player who took money is Dennis Smith, now playing with the Dallas Mavericks. He's rapidly becoming a favorite son in the Metroplex, and not one local writer has asked him any questions about the money he took at NC State. All 3 local sports talk stations are silent, too. Understandable, considering how irrelevant the Mavericks are.

Cuban has one more year of riding Dirk's coattails, as Dirk announced yesterday his plans to return for one more year. After that, it's o-v-e-r for the Mavs.
                      Cuban himself has jumped the shark, IMO. Literally. His recent behavior on the show is inexcusable. He's showing his arrogance and impatience with contemporaries. Time for MC to take his sweaty, heaving, chesty body and leave the national stage. Go, do some good work w your jillions.

Comment

• bartruff1
                        Zag for Life
                        • Jan 2010

I am no lawyer, but I have yet to see any crimes. NCAA violations are not necessarily crimes.

Comment

• TexasZagFan
                          Zag for Life
                          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by bartruff1 View Post
                          I am no lawyer, but I have yet to see any crimes. NCAA violations are not necessarily crimes.
                          How about filing fraudulent tax returns? If money changed hands, the income should have been reported by the recipients. Remember, that's what landed Al Capone in Alcatraz.

Comment

• bartruff1
                            Zag for Life
                            • Jan 2010

I have yet to see anyone charged with that....in the 80's (I believe) there was a similar investigation and in the end, no one was convicted as the appeals judge ruled there were no crimes....We shall see...

Comment

• Hoopaholic
                              • Mar 2008

Originally posted by bartruff1 View Post
                              Wire Fraud 18 USC 1343

Travel act conspiracy and actual 18 USC 1952

Honest Service Fraud 18 USC 1346

Bribery and solicitation of bribery 18 USc 201

False statements to cover scheme 18 USC 201
                              The ones that want to love us when we’re up & kick us when we’re down, screw off honestly. Drew Timme January 2023

Comment

• zagnut2012
                                Kennel Club Material
                                • Dec 2009

"Kansas released a statement later Tuesday: "Earlier today, we learned that the University of Kansas is named as a victim in a federal indictment. The indictment does not suggest any wrongdoing by the university, its coaches or its staff"

Victim.......

Comment

Working...
                                X