Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pangos vs Wiltjer 1st Round EuroLeague!

Default Pangos vs Wiltjer 1st Round EuroLeague!

So Zalgiris (Pangos' team) just edged out Olympiacos (Wiltjer's team) in the final regular season game. (with Kyle outscoring Kevin 9-6 for the individual bragging rights consolation prize)

With the shake out of the final standings, the two teams will meet up again in the EuroLeague quarterfinals.

Game 1 is April 18 at 8:15 CET (3:15 EST/12:15PST) in Athens.

Based on the website it looks like it'll be a best of 5 series.

Really nice opportunity to see some very high level basketball featuring two former great Zags. I'm sure I can have some fishing holes available for those in need.

Highlights including some clutch heroics by Wiltjer that didn't translate into a win for the Olympiacos:

Quote Originally Posted by Jstock12 View Post
    Highlights including some clutch heroics by Wiltjer that didn't translate into a win for the Olympiacos:
    Damn, nice ending by KWilt. Was nice to see him going 4-6 from 2 point land. I hate seeing him get typecast as only a 3 point floor spacer when he really does have a nice array of post moves.

Wow, incredible game. Nice to see Davies doing well for Zalgiris. He’s honestly the only BYU alum that I really like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tight game 1 thus far, slight edge to Olympiacos.

Wiltjer not seeing any minutes thus far. (relegated to the bench by a GU connection with the return from injury of Killian Tillie's brother, Kim)

Pangos with 11 pts so far but picking up fouls.

Quote Originally Posted by OntZags View Post
    Tight game 1 thus far, slight edge to Olympiacos.

Wiltjer not seeing any minutes thus far. (relegated to the bench by a GU connection with the return from injury of Killian Tillie's brother, Kim)

Pangos with 11 pts so far but picking up fouls.

And Zalgiris pulls off the upset overtime win in Game 1 led by Kevin Pangos. 20 points and 6 assist with most coming late in the 4th and OT where he really took control of things. Have to believe KP will be named All-EuroLeague this year. Lots of rumors of serious NBA interest in him. He really looks like the best young PG in Europe right now (NWG looking really good as well).

Wiltjer with a DNP.

Thrilling game 1 went to overtime. Teams are very evenly matched so it should be a great series.

Pangos was super clutch in overtime leading Zalgiris to pull away in the overtime 87-78. He had some big buckets and assists in the extra frame. Finished with 20 pts, 6 a, 3r and 0 turnovers.

Anyone who thinks Few can get angry out there needs to check out Jasikevicius when he gets angry. Dude is terrifying when someone misses on a switch on defense or whatever. Also, watching Euroleague compared to NBA/NCAA is such a breath of fresh air with regards to commercials. My God is it light years' better than we're subjected to over here. Hate the orange on the refs uniforms though lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo13 View Post
    And Zalgiris pulls off the upset overtime win in Game 1 led by Kevin Pangos. 20 points and 6 assist with most coming late in the 4th and OT where he really took control of things. Have to believe KP will be named All-EuroLeague this year.
    Wiltjer with a DNP.
    Stealing my mojo.

What a fantastic game this was. Truly one of the best games I've ever watched (and that includes NBA). Brandon Davies and Pangos were such studs.

Quote Originally Posted by OntZags View Post
    Anyone who thinks Few can get angry out there needs to check out Jasikevicius when he gets angry. Dude is terrifying when someone misses on a switch on defense or whatever.
    Or after a made three

I just really admire Kevin, for his character, for his skill and for his courage and determination.....having had a turf toe, it is amazing o me that he played nearly a whole season with one and never complained.... "Can't Miss" is right, he has a bright future...

BUT when I watch the current NBA Playoffs..... guys like Westbrook and Harden, Wall, Irving and others.....are just so big and strong and fast and skilled that I just can't imagine him in the NBA.....the old " Who can he defend ? "............I thought Pargo might have made it, but he didn't...

I am certainly no expert so I hope I am wrong.....

Quote Originally Posted by bartruff1 View Post
    I just really admire Kevin, for his character, for his skill and for his courage and determination.....having had a turf toe, it is amazing o me that he played nearly a whole season with one and never complained.... "Can't Miss" is right, he has a bright future...

BUT when I watch the current NBA Playoffs..... guys like Westbrook and Harden, Wall, Irving and others.....are just so big and strong and fast and skilled that I just can't imagine him in the NBA.....the old " Who can he defend ? "............I thought Pargo might have made it, but he didn't...

I am certainly no expert so I hope I am wrong.....
    I don't think you need to be able to defend Westbrook or Harden to get on the NBA roster. Nobody ever locks those guys down anyway. It's hard to even slow them down. And Kevin would mostly be playing against other team's backups who are significantly worse than the main guys. It's no denying that the guard position in the current NBA is stacked with talent, but I think Kevin could potentially get signed by an NBA team to be a role player or for extra depth.

I've just stumbled upon this video. I think it's pretty good!

Game 2 of Zalgiris-Olympiacos is today.

Game 3:

Zalgiris 80
    Olympiacos 60

Pangos ended up with 12 points, 3 assists and 2 boards

Dominant display, nice to see. Big game 4 because I'm sure Zalgiris doesn't want to go back to Greece.

Game 4 of the Euroleague playoff series against Olympiacos on now. Zalgris leads 25-22 with 11 left in the second quarter. Kevin already with 10 of Zalgris' 25 points. Zalgris leads the series 2-1. Wiltjer is on the floor for Olympiacos.

Live Stats here

AFTER 20 YEARS, WE FINALLY MADE IT. THANK YOU KEVIN!

What an unbelievable feeling.

Kevin with 21 points in the win. Wiltjer with 12 points.

Zalgris on to the Euroleague Final Four!

Press conference coming up:

Edited to add: Don't bother unless you speak Lithuanian.

Last edited by ZagNative; 04-26-2018 at 12:09 PM.

Sabonis Sr, Pangos & Zalgiris