Thread: NYT piece on the Arlee Warriors in MT

Default NYT piece on the Arlee Warriors in MT

Incredible story. Chronicles the story of a tribal player and his team this season. (He will play for the Griz, fyi.) A lot to this story, as always seems to be the case with tribal ball. Very long, so grab a cup of coffee!

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/04/m...servation.html

Quote Originally Posted by Coach Few
    We are not here as a #%$&%&! Courtesy!!!

Great read. Thanks for sharing.
    "The Foo is the most extraordinary collection of talent, of human knowledge, that has ever been gathered together on one message board with the possible exception of when Thomas Jefferson blogged alone." JFK -4.29.62-

Good piece. Thanks.

Having grown up on a Montana Indian Reservation I know well the importance of basketball. This was a well done article that really captures the sentiment.

Also, the reference to the Indian team playing the Harlem Globetrotters in the '30's was one I did not know and particularly exciting because those guys are from my home town and I know the families.

Quote Originally Posted by former1dog View Post
    Having grown up on a Montana Indian Reservation I know well the importance of basketball. This was a well done article that really captures the sentiment.

Also, the reference to the Indian team playing the Harlem Globetrotters in the '30's was one I did not know and particularly exciting because those guys are from my home town and I know the families.
    I played ball for a Montana reservation school. That article really hit home for me.

PM me if you want to chat.
    "The Foo is the most extraordinary collection of talent, of human knowledge, that has ever been gathered together on one message board with the possible exception of when Thomas Jefferson blogged alone." JFK -4.29.62-