Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2019 Recruits

Can’t disagree on the undergrad transfers. The ones that came in after a year at another school have been great.
    Chandler and Katie are two of the current transfers that have had a positive impact on the team. Both I believe were on GU’s radar while in high school.

Question.. does the player contact the university they would like to attend after they request a release from their current contract?

Go Zags!!

My Bad.

Thanks Skip for pointing out I only missed the two most obvious transfers, the ones currently on the team.

I guess I could have used another cup of coffee before making that post.

Nobody can talk with a student athlete while they are under scholarship with another team. The student "athlete" has to be a "free agent" before they can be contacted. I would assume there is nothing wrong with a student contacting a university after they have been released from their scholarship.

ZagDad

Thought I would throw out there what I know or at least think I know from the summer recruiting so far. I was able to talk with the staff over the weekend. They keep things pretty hush hush I think because a lot of the work they are doing can change very quickly with AAU coaches, High School coaches, parents and the actual girls themselves. During the first 2 weeks of July our coaches have been in Portland, Oakland, San Jose, LA, Chicago, Kansas City, Orlando and Seattle. They have a quite week this week and then back out there for the remainder of July. Still hearing they want to sign 2 more to the 2019 class. Alyssa Pili is very high on the Zags list but not expected to declare her choice until fall. I think that would be a good one to get. As far as I know there are no grad transfers this year.

Thanks for the Update Zags on the Run.

Best info we have heard to date.

ZagDad