Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Petrusev on ESPN2 at 9:00 am this morning

Default Petrusev on ESPN2 at 9:00 am this morning

Monteverde in national championship game

Thank you for the heads up-- gotta get to the store an back before it comes on.

Watched yesterday's game and am watching now. Zags got a good one in Petrusev.
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world.
    Those who understand binary and those who do not.
    "Only a madman or an economist thinks exponential growth can go on forever in a finite world."

Func FOO

E .· ` ' / ·. F
    The FOO fuels me.

Barrett is such an impressive talent.

Wish we would have got Nembhard --- kid is a solid point.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    We were def in the running!

Zags in his Final 2.

5*, Top 25 PG.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    Yeah he would have been great in tandem with Perkins this season. Oh well.

Petrusev having another strong half.

Petrusev leading scorer with 10 points at the half (4-6).

Monverde up 35-26 at the half.

How many teams got to participate, and who chose? We’re the Bullpups slighted, or were they undefeated state champs, but not “all that”?

http://geicohoops.com/

The National High School Invitational (NHSI) launched in 2009 at Georgetown Prep in Bethesda, Md. The event was created by Paragon Marketing Group to provide a platform for top nationally ranked high school basketball teams to compete against one another in a season ending tournament.

Leading scorer with 15 so far, but 0 rebounds. Looks like he’ll back up Tillie and slide nicely into that stretch four position for us.

Edit: two other players have 16 now, still a good showing for Petrusev.
    It's peanut butter jelly time!

Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousZ View Post
    Leading scorer with 15 so far, but 0 rebounds. Looks like he’ll back up Tillie and slide nicely into that stretch four position for us.
    He definitely needs to get stronger to improve his rebounding but that'll come in time. Also playing with a force of nature like Barrett lowers the rebound tally. RJ is all over the court. Kinda crazy he should still actually be coming back to High school next year.

15 points and 2 boards--- on 6-9 shooting

Montverde wins national championship

Barrett has lots of skills but not sure I like his attitude...his play reminds me of Zach.

Petrusev has skills but is kinda skinny and needs to eat more tacos...

Petrusev is still 17 years old (about to turn 18)-- we will get him muscled up by the time he hits the floor.

Kid seems to be a team player. Will fit well in Zag program.

Quote Originally Posted by TravelinZag View Post
    How many teams got to participate, and who chose? We’re the Bullpups slighted, or were they undefeated state champs, but not “all that”?
    They chose the 3a one loss Garfield over the undefeated 4a champs Gonzaga prep?? Interesting. Maybe they did not want any teams that actually play defense at the nationals.

That's why this is not in any sense a 'national championship'. You need to have representation from all the states to make it a true national championship. This was just a fun season ending tournament.
    “When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”

~ Desiderius Erasmus

8 teams nationally. Mostly the hs basketball factories, Oak Hill, Findlay, Montverde, NSU etc. Teams with a half dozen guys as good as Anton Watson, and a couple who are better.. Garfield has several high major players, but was completely outclassed by Oak Hill despite OH's loss of their best player to a sprain. G Prep plays much better team ball (Roy gets most of the top talent in Sea, but his teams don't look that well coached) but realistically couldn't compete at that level.

And most years, the 3a champ would beat the 4a champ in Wa, as almost all of Seattle's best players play in the Metro.

Haven't seen today's game yet (replay on ESPN at 7 tonite) but loved what I saw of Petrusev yest.

Quote Originally Posted by maynard g krebs View Post
    8 teams nationally. Mostly the hs basketball factories, Oak Hill, Findlay, Montverde, NSU etc. Teams with a half dozen guys as good as Anton Watson, and a couple who are better.. Garfield has several high major players, but was completely outclassed by Oak Hill despite OH's loss of their best player to a sprain. G Prep plays much better team ball (Roy gets most of the top talent in Sea, but his teams don't look that well coached) but realistically couldn't compete at that level.

And most years, the 3a champ would beat the 4a champ in Wa, as almost all of Seattle's best players play in the Metro.

Haven't seen today's game yet (replay on ESPN at 7 tonite) but loved what I saw of Petrusev yest.
    Yeah, and 3A has Beach, as well. GP would get boat-raced.

Montverde Prep put on a clinic in the finals. Extremely talented, well coached team. Barrett is one of the few high schoolers who really could make the jump to the NBA without much trouble. Petrusev will be a great one here. Plays unselfish, team ball, and should have Few's trust from the get-go.

“As a freshman, I want to be aggressive and try to get my minutes,” he explained. “Obviously, I will come in and be the youngest there. They will probably be playing with two or more bigs at the same time, so I can interchange with them and play with all of them. It’s a big advantage for me to be able to play with them and learn from them”

https://247sports.com/college/gonzag...lege-117039778

g prep would get absolutely shallacked by a team like Montverde... I wish they were invited as it would have been refreshing for them to see what it's like when the other guys can recruit too and you aren't just taking dumps on public schools. Queue angry G-prep parents in 3...2...1

Parents of good players call G Prep too and they're looking for a superior education to go along with development of athletic skills. It's not exactly like Prep goes out scouring the countryside to recruit the best players. Parent call....most of their kids are homegrown though. Ever see a kid stolen from LC? NC? FERRIS? "No" is the answer and you won't see that happen.