Thread: Washington State's Cougfan "Commentary: Malachi Flynn ought to be ashamed of himself"

Default Washington State's Cougfan "Commentary: Malachi Flynn ought to be ashamed of himself"

https://247sports.com/college/washin...self-116770405

What an absolutely awful article and shot a guy who owns Washington State nothing. If he doesn't sign with Gonzaga I hope he goes to the Washington Huskies just to spite the idiot who wrote this article.

"Malachi Flynn announced on Twitter that he's leaving Washington State. He offered up a syrupy thanks for everything that omitted the key point: he’s in pursuit of a higher-profile program. Transfers happen, with increasing regularity in college hoops, but Flynn's decision is just plain unsavory.

Here’s why: WSU and Ernie Kent not only took a chance on him when nobody else would, but they gave him the opportunity to learn and grow in real time.

Coming out of Tacoma's Bellarmine High, the major college hoops world wanted nothing to do with Flynn. He was headed to the University of the Pacific, a lowly team from the lowly WCC. That's how coveted young Mr. Flynn was as a prepster."

Mr. Pacific thinks he's hot stuff now that Kent and his staff have developed him into a bona fide major conference player.

What a pathetic commentary on Flynn's character. What a pathetic commentary on the state of college basketball.
    "

Yeah, I felt that was pretty harsh. It went over the line. The article has received some harsh criticism on Twitter today.

As far as the kid is concerned, one needs to look at his shooting percentages before taking him on as a transfer. Of course you need to balance those shooting percentages against the fact that WSU wasn't exactly overflowing with offensive talent last season.

Some WSU fans agree with it but probably for the same reason as in the 'one and done' thread. The whole 'commitment and loyalty' thing. Many WSU fans don't like it though and I am one of those guys. I am not saying that loyalty/commitment isn't important but it's also not a one way street. Personally I thought the article was in poor taste at minimum and really just flat out wrong to call him out.

I wish Malachi Flynn was sticking around but he doesn't owe WSU anything. I wish him well at his next stop.

THE TRUTH OF THE MATTER, is both GU and UDUB and Cougs whiffed on him out of high school! Pacific 'took the chance'... and signed him. Unfortunately, with the Coach's departure, Flynn was able to open up his recruitment.... which he took the 'best offer'. I have no ill will towards the young man, he did what he had to do to further his 'dreams'. NO DIFFERENT NOW. "What a pathetic commentary on" fans in Coug land, and PACIFIC FINISHED TIED FOR 4th with SIX Scholarship athlete's. Would have been nice to have just one more, say Flynn, and we could have challenged BYU above us!!!! SO IT IS A SORRY COMMENT COMING FROM 'COUG-LAND'...... talk about "bottom feeders!!!!!"

Why Do We Zags even bother to read the drivel on Cougfan....WSU is just a bottom feeder school and should be ignored...Flynn got to play 36 minutes a game for 2 years in a row and now it's time for him to find a real program like Gonzaga..

Quote Originally Posted by Coug Tracks View Post
    Some WSU fans agree with it but probably for the same reason as in the 'one and done' thread. The whole 'commitment and loyalty' thing. Many WSU fans don't like it though and I am one of those guys. I am not saying that loyalty/commitment isn't important but it's also not a one way street. Personally I thought the article was in poor taste at minimum and really just flat out wrong to call him out.

I wish Malachi Flynn was sticking around but he doesn't owe WSU anything. I wish him well at his next stop.
    +1

Have no issues with Coug fans questioning the decision and not liking it. But this article attacked him as a person too much.