Is the ACC the zags kryptonite? Article inside. (Plus mark few tourny stats)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zags11
    Banned
    • Mar 2008

Is the ACC the zags kryptonite? Article inside. (Plus mark few tourny stats)

The NCAA Tournament has been pretty special for Gonzaga, given that the Zags are the only program in the country to reach the last four Sweet 16s. The ACC hasn’t been nearly as kind, putting sour conclusions on each of the Zags’ last four seasons.

Zags are 2-6 vs the ACC in march and score an average of 20 ppg less vs the Acc then vs the rest.

When we lose to ACC teams in march they are the better seed except last night.

Mark few is 0-1 in national championship games.

Mark few is 1-0 in final 4 games.

Mark few is 1-1 in elite 8 games

Mark few also falls to 2-6 in the sweet 16.

Mark few is 8-8 in second round games.

Mark few is 16-3 in first round games
  • Zags11
    Banned
    • Mar 2008

So serious question for my fellow posters. (Please try to keep it civil. I'm asking honest opinions.)

When we lose is it because the opponent's were better? We got out coached? What?

Comment

• Zags11
      Banned
      • Mar 2008

Also after 5 straight second round exits, we have made it past round of 32 four straight times.
      Last edited by Zags11; 03-23-2018, 08:38 PM. Reason: I wrote it wrong.

Comment

• Radbooks
        Zag for Life
        • Jun 2007

Originally posted by Zags11 View Post
        Also after 4 straight second round exits, we have 4 straight sweet 16 exits.
        Really?? I'm pretty sure we were in the National Championship game last year, which means we didn't go out at the Sweet 16. And there was an Elite 8 in there before that, so this is just wrong.
        “When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”

~ Desiderius Erasmus

Comment

• thespywhozaggedme
          Banned
          • Feb 2007

Also after 4 straight second round exits, we have 4 straight sweet 16 exits.
          Uh......

Comment

• KStyles
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

Also after 4 straight second round exits, we have made it past round of 32 four straight times.

GU had 5 straight 2nd round exits from 2010-2014.

Comment

• Zags11
              Banned
              • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Radbooks View Post
              Really?? I'm pretty sure we were in the National Championship game last year, which means we didn't go out at the Sweet 16. And there was an Elite 8 in there before that, so this is just wrong.
              Yea I wrote it wrong. I was typing while looking at stats. My fault.

Comment

• Zags11
                Banned
                • Mar 2008

Originally posted by KStyles View Post
                I seriously am confused today and I'm looking at the sheet. . Lol

Comment

• gonzagafan62
                  Zag for Life
                  • Nov 2013

Beat athletic Florida State in 2010

Beat UNC with hansbrough in 06-07

Beat clemson in 2012-13

Beat wake forest 2011

This is a lame thread.... we’ve been so unlucky vs the 4 acc losses. Go back and look at the four games. We could’ve won any of them. Missed bunny by Wiltjer, bad 10 second call by refs vs Syracuse ..... NWG hurt last year tillie this year. Bad luck.
                  Qualified for 26 Straight Big Dances

15 Straight Round of 32s

14 Sweet Sixteens (9 Straight)

6 Elite Eights

2017 AND 2021 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

2021 Undefeated Regular Season

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Comment

• bartruff1
                    Zag for Life
                    • Jan 2010

It must be the coach...he was the only one at all the games...

Comment

• Zags11
                      Banned
                      • Mar 2008

Originally posted by gonzagafan62 View Post
                      Beat athletic Florida State in 2010

Beat UNC with hansbrough in 06-07

Beat clemson in 2012-13

Beat wake forest 2011

This is a lame thread.... we’ve been so unlucky vs the 4 acc losses. Go back and look at the four games. We could’ve won any of them. Missed bunny by Wiltjer, bad 10 second call by refs vs Syracuse ..... NWG hurt last year tillie this year. Bad luck.
                      Lame thread? Bet u one starred it too.

Go write spokesman and tell them they write lame stuff.

Also spokesman was strictly speaking march tournaments but you had your panties all wadded up so you didn't comprehend and wanted to argue and downplay the thread.

Facts are facts.

2-6 vs the Acc in march tournaments. It is what it is.

Comment

• Zags11
                        Banned
                        • Mar 2008

Originally posted by bartruff1 View Post
                        It must be the coach...he was the only one at all the games...
                        At times yep. It must be just the players right?

Grown men acting like children in here. Then people wonder why most people left.

Comment

• gonzagafan62
                          Zag for Life
                          • Nov 2013

Nah didn’t one star it. Sorry if you took it the wrong way man. Not my intention. Showed we’ve beaten ACC teams in tournament and in pressure packed situations. That was my only intention...

Here’s my main issue.... the guy in the postgame said we weren’t “prepared” for Florida state which is absurdity. Lol idk I’m still sad at last night.... just like the rest of us. Sorry man. I love your posts, just aggravated at some of the talk that we aren’t prepared for acc teams. Lol.

15 Straight Round of 32s

6 Elite Eights

2017 AND 2021 FINAL FOUR

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Comment

• gonzagafan62
                            Zag for Life
                            • Nov 2013

I guess one must ask what our overall seed average is these days. A few years ago it was 7. I would have to think it’s 6 at least now even with an 11 thrown in there... we aren’t usually expected to go past sweet sixteen yet we’ve outperformed our seed line just as much as we’ve played to it. And we hardly ever go and play Below our seed line. Only a few (maybe 4 times?) have we done that. Maybe one or two more .... some of those games include, Wyoming, Nevada, Davidson and Wichita state Some dark days for sure

15 Straight Round of 32s

6 Elite Eights

2017 AND 2021 FINAL FOUR

Comment

• Zags11
                              Banned
                              • Mar 2008

Originally posted by gonzagafan62 View Post
                              Nah didn’t one star it. Sorry if you took it the wrong way man. Not my intention. Showed we’ve beaten ACC teams in tournament and in pressure packed situations. That was my only intention...

Here’s my main issue.... the guy in the postgame said we weren’t “prepared” for Florida state which is absurdity. Lol idk I’m still sad at last night.... just like the rest of us. Sorry man. I love your posts, just aggravated at some of the talk that we aren’t prepared for acc teams. Lol.
                              I didn't necessarily agree with the spokesman either. I personally thought we would of beat FSU last night with Tillie. The other losses we ran into a better team and unfortunately it was the Acc.

Yea I'm still bummed and pissed off too. I was just trying to bring articles into the mix. I added the few stats to add to the overall stats but I wasn't trying to bring down anyone.

I probably have PTSD cuz all my threads get one starred.

Comment

Working...
                              X