Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is the ACC the zags kryptonite? Article inside. (Plus mark few tourny stats)

Default Is the ACC the zags kryptonite? Article inside. (Plus mark few tourny stats)

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/201...gas-ncaa-tour/

Zags are 2-6 vs the ACC in march and score an average of 20 ppg less vs the Acc then vs the rest.

When we lose to ACC teams in march they are the better seed except last night.

Mark few is 0-1 in national championship games.

Mark few is 1-0 in final 4 games.

Mark few is 1-1 in elite 8 games

Mark few also falls to 2-6 in the sweet 16.

Mark few is 8-8 in second round games.

Mark few is 16-3 in first round games
    Love the zags for life

So serious question for my fellow posters. (Please try to keep it civil. I'm asking honest opinions.)

When we lose is it because the opponent's were better? We got out coached? What?
    Love the zags for life

Also after 5 straight second round exits, we have made it past round of 32 four straight times.
    Last edited by Zags11; 03-23-2018 at 09:38 PM. Reason: I wrote it wrong.
    Love the zags for life

Quote Originally Posted by Zags11 View Post
    Also after 4 straight second round exits, we have 4 straight sweet 16 exits.
    Really?? I'm pretty sure we were in the National Championship game last year, which means we didn't go out at the Sweet 16. And there was an Elite 8 in there before that, so this is just wrong.
    “When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”

~ Desiderius Erasmus

Also after 4 straight second round exits, we have 4 straight sweet 16 exits.
    Uh......

Also after 4 straight second round exits, we have made it past round of 32 four straight times.

GU had 5 straight 2nd round exits from 2010-2014.

Quote Originally Posted by Radbooks View Post
    Really?? I'm pretty sure we were in the National Championship game last year, which means we didn't go out at the Sweet 16. And there was an Elite 8 in there before that, so this is just wrong.
    Yea I wrote it wrong. I was typing while looking at stats. My fault.
    Love the zags for life

Quote Originally Posted by KStyles View Post
    I seriously am confused today and I'm looking at the sheet. . Lol
    Love the zags for life

Beat athletic Florida State in 2010

Beat UNC with hansbrough in 06-07

Beat clemson in 2012-13

Beat wake forest 2011

This is a lame thread.... we’ve been so unlucky vs the 4 acc losses. Go back and look at the four games. We could’ve won any of them. Missed bunny by Wiltjer, bad 10 second call by refs vs Syracuse ..... NWG hurt last year tillie this year. Bad luck.
    Qualified for 21 Straight Big Dances

11 Straight Round of 32s

10 Sweet Sixteens (5 Straight)

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

It must be the coach...he was the only one at all the games...

Quote Originally Posted by gonzagafan62 View Post
    Beat athletic Florida State in 2010

Beat UNC with hansbrough in 06-07

Beat clemson in 2012-13

Beat wake forest 2011

This is a lame thread.... we’ve been so unlucky vs the 4 acc losses. Go back and look at the four games. We could’ve won any of them. Missed bunny by Wiltjer, bad 10 second call by refs vs Syracuse ..... NWG hurt last year tillie this year. Bad luck.
    Lame thread? Bet u one starred it too.

Go write spokesman and tell them they write lame stuff.

Also spokesman was strictly speaking march tournaments but you had your panties all wadded up so you didn't comprehend and wanted to argue and downplay the thread.

Facts are facts.

2-6 vs the Acc in march tournaments. It is what it is.
    Love the zags for life

Quote Originally Posted by bartruff1 View Post
    It must be the coach...he was the only one at all the games...
    At times yep. It must be just the players right?

Grown men acting like children in here. Then people wonder why most people left.
    Love the zags for life

Nah didn’t one star it. Sorry if you took it the wrong way man. Not my intention. Showed we’ve beaten ACC teams in tournament and in pressure packed situations. That was my only intention...

Here’s my main issue.... the guy in the postgame said we weren’t “prepared” for Florida state which is absurdity. Lol idk I’m still sad at last night.... just like the rest of us. Sorry man. I love your posts, just aggravated at some of the talk that we aren’t prepared for acc teams. Lol.

11 Straight Round of 32s

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

I guess one must ask what our overall seed average is these days. A few years ago it was 7. I would have to think it’s 6 at least now even with an 11 thrown in there... we aren’t usually expected to go past sweet sixteen yet we’ve outperformed our seed line just as much as we’ve played to it. And we hardly ever go and play Below our seed line. Only a few (maybe 4 times?) have we done that. Maybe one or two more .... some of those games include, Wyoming, Nevada, Davidson and Wichita state Some dark days for sure

11 Straight Round of 32s

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

Nah didn’t one star it. Sorry if you took it the wrong way man. Not my intention. Showed we’ve beaten ACC teams in tournament and in pressure packed situations. That was my only intention...

Here’s my main issue.... the guy in the postgame said we weren’t “prepared” for Florida state which is absurdity. Lol idk I’m still sad at last night.... just like the rest of us. Sorry man. I love your posts, just aggravated at some of the talk that we aren’t prepared for acc teams. Lol.
    I didn't necessarily agree with the spokesman either. I personally thought we would of beat FSU last night with Tillie. The other losses we ran into a better team and unfortunately it was the Acc.

Yea I'm still bummed and pissed off too. I was just trying to bring articles into the mix. I added the few stats to add to the overall stats but I wasn't trying to bring down anyone.

I probably have PTSD cuz all my threads get one starred.
    Love the zags for life

I guess one must ask what our overall seed average is these days. A few years ago it was 7. I would have to think it’s 6 at least now even with an 11 thrown in there... we aren’t usually expected to go past sweet sixteen yet we’ve outperformed our seed line just as much as we’ve played to it. And we hardly ever go and play Below our seed line. Only a few (maybe 4 times?) have we done that. Maybe one or two more .... some of those games include, Wyoming, Nevada, Davidson and Wichita state Some dark days for sure
    http://apps.washingtonpost.com/sport...hools/gonzaga/

Since 2012 we have had a like a 4.8 seed(almost a 5). I think.
    Love the zags for life

una estrella hilo.

все, потому что мы не согласны
    vse, potomu chto my ne soglasny

je vous aime tous

Sogar die Idioten

algunos son cánceres & algunos son verrugas.

algunos son bonitos

&

todos amamos al equipo
    Last edited by Zags11; 03-24-2018 at 12:59 AM.
    Love the zags for life

http://apps.washingtonpost.com/sport...hools/gonzaga/

Since 2012 we have had a like a 4.8 seed(almost a 5). I think.
    Thank you. Very interesting read. Appreciate it

11 Straight Round of 32s

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

I didn't necessarily agree with the spokesman either. I personally thought we would of beat FSU last night with Tillie. The other losses we ran into a better team and unfortunately it was the Acc.

Yea I'm still bummed and pissed off too. I was just trying to bring articles into the mix. I added the few stats to add to the overall stats but I wasn't trying to bring down anyone.

I probably have PTSD cuz all my threads get one starred.
    Oh I know. I coulda used a better word than lame. Sorry bout that. I’m like I said still bummed from last night and didn’t even see the “real Zags” last night. They seemed like a shell of themselves and it didn’t feel like I was watching a Zags game. Ugh! Torture lol

11 Straight Round of 32s

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

Anyway I think I'm cool with this board for awhile.

People like to ruin threads and ruin stuff just because they don't like what is posted. Some of the posters here are cancers and I still like their point of view.

I would imagine most our members are 28+ and some are 50+ and if you don't agree it gets personal or thread gets locked.

Its funny these same posters get pissed if jazz or someone speaks on Mark Few like he is Jesus but can call JP or some former players "thugs".

I mean you guys(and you know who you are) want to rid anyone who doesn't think mark few is perfect. Mark Few is a adult and he isn't a perfect coach. He makes mistakes. Mark few is a damn good coach though and leads the program with loyalty, and the right way to run a program.

I just don't understand the 1 starring by grown men because they don't care for a thread.

Anyways, its why we lost a lot of good posters and if this immaturity continues this board won't be anything but a clique of 4-6.
    Aren't you up a bit past your bedtime? I didn't rate the thread, either.

If I may ask, how old are you? As for me, I'll be vier und sechzig in sechs wochen.

For a while I think Big 10 teams were kryptonite for the Zags. Did beat Ohio St. twice this year, not sure they've had many meetings w/ Big 10 lately.

Florida St. played really good against GU. Not sure if Tillie would've mattered. Depends on which Tillie. The one that shoots nearly perfect from the floor and scores 25 or 28 would've helped for sure. The one that scores 6 or 8 points and grabs 3 rebounds wouldn't have swung the game in GU's favor. No way to ever know how he would've played if he was available.

Quote Originally Posted by seacatfan View Post
    For a while I think Big 10 teams were kryptonite for the Zags. Did beat Ohio St. twice this year, not sure they've had many meetings w/ Big 10 lately.

Florida St. played really good against GU. Not sure if Tillie would've mattered. Depends on which Tillie. The one that shoots nearly perfect from the floor and scores 25 or 28 would've helped for sure. The one that scores 6 or 8 points and grabs 3 rebounds wouldn't have swung the game in GU's favor. No way to ever know how he would've played if he was available.
    I think our problem is the small sample size when it comes to power conferences. We might play them 2-3 times a year, in preseason and postseason tournaments. Hopefully, the series with UNC will break that trend.

Missing Killian last night played no role in our dreadful shooting in the first half, such as Zach going 0-7. Rui should have stuck with that 8-10 foot jumper, instead of going to the hole. We just ran out of gas in the second half, props to FSU...no need to dwell on it.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    Aren't you up a bit past your bedtime? I didn't rate the thread, either.

If I may ask, how old are you? As for me, I'll be vier und sechzig in sechs wochen.
    I didn't say you did. And nah I'm not past my bed time. I mean your 64 in 6 weeks so I'm shocked your awake or is it a bathroom break?

I'm currently trentatré.

And again what I said is correct.
    Love the zags for life

I didn't say you did. And nah I'm not past my bed time. I mean your 64 in 6 weeks so I'm shocked your awake or is it a bathroom break?

I'm currently trentatré.

And again what I said is correct.
    Ahhh, the exuberance of youth. It explains everything about your posts.

You've only known the good times of Zag basketball. In the TZF household, the Zags' success is a welcome diversion from the dreadful record of most Dallas pro teams over the past ten years (with a couple of exceptions).

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    Ahhh, the exuberance of youth. It explains everything about your posts.

You've only known the good times of Zag basketball. In the TZF household, the Zags' success is a welcome diversion from the dreadful record of most Dallas pro teams over the past ten years (with a couple of exceptions).
    Hey been listening to zags since 1994! Lol. We use get in free at K1.

Hey!!!! I'm a damn mariners fan. The seahawks been good for last 10+ years off and on. I remember the 90s though.
    Love the zags for life