Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Killian Tillie needs to return to Gonzaga.

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    The reports have been that Tillie doesn't want to be in school. He loves Gonzaga etc, but doesn't want to be in school.

He will make good money in Europe if he chooses to leave. He will always be a Zag!
    Understood, I've heard about the reports… That doesn't mean anyone should be leaving. If they want to, more power to them. But as we've seen in recent years, leaving early doesn't always live up to the hype. Personally, I hope they'll return for their own and my own selfish reasons.

I am flabbergasted than anyone would suggest Tillie wasn't really hurt, or could have played through the pain but just didn't want to. Sickening. These types make it really hard to follow this forum, as much as I love reading most of it. Disgusting. I really hope the players don't read this trash, but I'm afraid they do, and their parents as well.

Quote Originally Posted by amaronizag View Post
    I am flabbergasted than anyone would suggest Tillie wasn't really hurt, or could have played through the pain but just didn't want to. Sickening. These types make it really hard to follow this forum, as much as I love reading most of it. Disgusting. I really hope the players don't read this trash, but I'm afraid they do, and their parents as well.
    Totally agree.
    It's not funny.

The similarity is that many posters listed reasons Zach should stay and perfect his game,but in the end money talked. If Tillie truly dislikes the student part of student-athelete, he'll develop his game in Europe getting paid

Such a shame he couldn't have played Thursday. Not saying with 100% certainly that GU would've won the game against FSU with Tillie, but in that game, they really needed him and his shooting ability as a 6-10 big man to help clear up space in the middle.

Read up: Gonzaga is very strict about protecting the academic privacy of its student-athletes. We have been asked in the past to delete posts from posters about the academics of students unless it comes from an official GU press release. This is coming from Gonzaga. Please do not promote this by discussing the Tillie academic rumors (which to my understanding are false anyway) or anything else. It has nothing to do with mods and admin of this board, but the school we support. Thanks.

THIS
    Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.

I agree completely. This seems to follow a typical end of season need for some fans to slam players, coaches, etc. rather than just moving on and look forward to whatever next season brings. Tillie has played through injuries and has shown his toughness on other occasions yet these people don’t remember that and would rather take potshots at a high quality player and individual. I may not have much of a memory but I seem to recall Tillie playing with a broken finger last year and everyone was impressed with his toughness. I personally remember a couple of falls he took that would have put me in traction and he was up on his feet playing through what was some obvious pain.

I hope we see Tillie next season and will cheer him on either way. He has done a great job and only deserves the best.

??
    Last edited by Gin N GUice; 03-25-2018 at 02:57 PM. Reason: It was a swing and a miss.

“French connection” article with some interesting history talks about Tillie et all

https://sports.vice.com/en_us/articl...nch-connection

Quote Originally Posted by Gin N GUice View Post
    Yea because a player has never sat out a game with only his personal interests at heart. I'm not saying that is what tillie did, but let's not be naive.
    Disgusting. Go back to your trailer and come up with some conspiracy theories that do not involve us. I want Tillie back because I lovewatching him play.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagceo View Post
    “French connection” article with some interesting history talks about Tillie et all

https://sports.vice.com/en_us/articl...nch-connection
    It was a tongue in cheek post Mr. Keyboard warrior.

It was a tongue in cheek post Mr. Keyboard warrior.
    its from vice....of course it is....no sense of humor Mr Gin N GUice?

Yes of course Zagceo, I meant to quote the true Keyboard warrior outraged. My apologies.

Yes of course Zagceo, I meant to quote the true Keyboard warrior outraged. My apologies.
    sorry. No worries

+1 more. Disgusted as well. Nobody here knows how badly he was hurt. Pure speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by maynard g krebs View Post
    +1 more. Disgusted as well. Nobody here knows how badly he was hurt. Pure speculation.
    I suspect 80% or higher what's posted on forum is pure speculation imo
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

I disagree. People are free to speculate or wonder about this. It's when you start using inflammatory language or attacking Killian, when you've crossed the line.

Crossing the line on this forum is still well below the line on most and for that I am thankful