Thread: How's Dickau Doing?

Default How's Dickau Doing?

From Clipper Nation:

A Clipper a Day - Dan Dickau
    By ClipperSteve
    Posted on Wed Oct 31, 2007 at 04:00:44 PM PDT

I still think Dan Dickau can be a good NBA player, I really do. But I am beginning to have my doubts.
    I hope Dan proves the doubters wrong.

i wish teams would actually give him a chance, not just mop up duty or occasional playing time due to injury. i still think he can be a solid bench player, a sixth man type, he just needs to avoid all the quick fouls. he always seems to pick up 4 or 5 fouls in 10 or so minutes.

You do the google notice thing too, don't you ZN
    Go Zags!!! Just Foo'in around.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubbadub View Post
    You do the google notice thing too, don't you ZN
    Nope. RSS.

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like playing time will be too plentiful...

As insurance for Cassell, the Clippers added two other point guards in Knight and Dickau. Knight is the backup, but coach Mike Dunleavy says he would be comfortable giving playing time to Dickau.
    http://www.presstelegram.com/ci_7307497

So, it looks like he's third string again.

Ive heard a lot about the possibility of Cassel being one of the guys that jumps to a almost contending team at the trade deadline or so. Don't be too suprised if he's in Boston or back in Houston next Febuary.

That would help Dickau out a bit. Is Livingston not coming back until next season?

Quote from the article:

I suppose there are two ways of looking at all this instability. Either he's had his chances by being with eight different organizations, and he just must not be that good. Or maybe he's never gotten enough of a chance anywhere to show what he can do.

That debate has been the cause of about 10 four-page threads on this board in the last few years!

Default dan will play

Dan should get P-T. Both guys in front of him are VERY injury prone and ancient as NBA point guards go. Shaun Livingston will be back in the Spring at the earliest, good chance he won't be back at all this season after such a devastating knee injury. Coach Dunleavy seems to like him, he has complemented him multiple times in the pre-season as well, and the Clips have virtually no outside shooting so that has to help. It will be fun to watch and see.