Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Good season Zags!

Default Congratulations Gonzaga on a very good season

And thanks. As always I have really enjoyed watching this team this year. I enjoyed seeing the growth and development of our young players (who really did have a great season). I'm talking about Rui Hachimura, Kispert and Norvell. The skies the limit for these three. I also really enjoyed watching the development of Tillie. I believe he too has really improved. We really missed him last night that's for sure. And I really enjoyed watching Perkins improve into becoming a dang good point guard.

There's pain in my heart after the loss, as I had hopes of going further with this team. Unfortunately, the loss of Tillie really hurt the team, IMO. I could see it. It was so obvious. As a player and coach, I know the pain goes away, and in the end the good memories will remain. I just wanted to say thank you for all the joy I have been able to experience with you all this season. Thanks too for giving us fans all you had to give. Thanks for laying it all on the court. I am one who does appreciate how tough it is to make the Sweet Sixteen. And you did THAT. I know you hoped for more too. Appreciate what you did accomplish. You will always be loved and remembered by ZagNation.

Go Zags!!!
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    And thanks. As always I have really enjoyed watching this team this year. I enjoyed seeing the growth and development of our young players (who really did have a great season). I'm talking about Rui Hachimura, Kispert and Norvell. The skies the limit for these three. I also really enjoyed watching the development of Tillie. I believe he too has really improved. We really missed him last night that's for sure. And I really enjoyed watching Perkins improve into becoming a dang good point guard.

There's pain in my heart after the loss, as I had hopes of going further with this team. Unfortunately, the loss of Tillie really hurt the team, IMO. I could see it. It was so obvious. As a player and coach, I know the pain goes away, and in the end the good memories will remain. I just wanted to say thank you for all the joy I have been able to experience with you all this season. Thanks too for giving us fans all you had to give. Thanks for laying it all on the court. I am one who does appreciate how tough it is to make the Sweet Sixteen. And you did THAT. I know you hoped for more too. Appreciate what you did accomplish. You will always be loved and remembered by ZagNation.

Go Zags!!!
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post

Go Zags!!!
    Awesome avatar picture Reborn of you in your Gonzaga uniform when u were a player at Gonzaga

Felt this one coming. Zags have had a few games where offensively they were just off collectively. Usually they are able to grit it out, but with Tillie out, I think it was tough to pull it off.

That being said, I didn't have higher hopes than S16 this year, so I am more than happy with the season. Thank you Zags!
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Great season, S16 is NEVER an under achievement.

Last night just wasn't the guy's night. From Tillie with the last minute injury, to shots juuuuuust rolling off the rim, to every bounce going to FSU, you could almost see it coming. The guys played really hard, they just seemed a little flat overall.

Special thanks to Silas and J3, best of luck in the future to those two great ZAGS. Two more super ambassadors for the university and MBB program.

Is it November yet???

Go ZAGS

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Centre Mad Man View Post
    Three more banners:

Regular season champions.

Conference tourney champions.

Sweet Sixteen.

Not bad. Not bad at all.
    Certainly a great season -- 99.9% of the teams in D1 would like this status.
    Go Zags -- on to next season. Looking forward to Maui!!
    “The true measure of a Jesuit education,” said former Superior General Peter-Hans Kolvenbach, “is not what our students do, but who they become.”

The amount of joy I receive in any given year plus sheer emotion from our team I can never repay. How lucky we all are.

Yes, not just good but a great season. Zags made the Sweet 16 4 times in a row! Here's to the 18-19 Zags extending that streak!

Great season - thank you!!!!

Last night was tough to watch, but not crushing in the way that some season-ending games have been in the past. It wasn't too long ago we were hearing that this team was in a rebuilding mode, wouldn't win the conference and might not make the tournament, so really, this post-season was all gravy.

Hopefully, the expectations for next season will be high and the team will live up to them. Hopefully, the players that are eligible will see this as an opportunity to come back and take care of some unfinished business!!

Regardless of what happens - thank you. I can't wait for November!
    My posts indicate that I don't seem to follow college basketball all that closely.

Great Season Zag N! Now go do something nice for your significant others.
    Think Big. No think Bigger than that!

Great season and dynamite Tournament run by the team this year. They definitely exceeded everyone's expectations. As Mark Few has said repeatedly in order to advance you need a lot of luck and Gonzaga's luck ran out when Tillie was injured otherwise they would have breezed through FSU by 20.

We will definitely miss JW III and Melson both on and off the court--great players and even better role models for Gonzaga to be associated with!

Can't wait to see next years team with Perkins, Rui, Norvell, and Tillie along with the returning teammates. We will be deeper, more experienced, and looking for revenge as we seek our 5th straight Sweet 16 in 2019.

Thanks, guys for yet another great ride. More personalities etched into our memories.

Go Zags

S-R did a short feature on Melson: http://www.spokesman.com/stories/201...senior-silas-/

“It’s an honor to even be in the locker room with a lot of these guys,” Melson said. “It’s become a long way just to even make it to the second weekend, it’s impressive. When we lost the championship last year, nobody in the country was thinking Gonzaga would be back in the Sweet 16, two games away from the Final Four. To be able to do that, it’s a proud moment. … I’m happy for us all.”

The GUB Resource Library: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

Respect the Game. Respect the Zags. Respect each other.

Feels great to get to the Sweet 16 again. The days of Few 32 are long gone. 5 straight S16's is a remarkable streak-hope we make it 5 next season.

ZZ

- I wanted to stay away from the board for a day, didn't want to read all the negative crap about ref's and poor preparation and he rest.
    - so glad and surprised that the sentiment is almost unanimous....... this was a great season, good effort and a fun bunch of guys.
    - I add my well done men, congrats on a great year, a year of your life you can look back on with pride.