X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TravelinZag
    Zag for Life
    • Dec 2012

Silas has been the ultimate “team” guy. Have every confidence he will finish strong as the tournament continues. His maturity and work ethic, coupled with his quiet leadership will assure his success in whatever path he chooses for his future. Will miss him enormously.

Go Silas — bring this team home with pride. Thanks for all you have given, and suspect many, many fans join me in having followed your growth into a remarkable man.

Comment

• Zagger
      Banned
      • Mar 2008

Silas rocks! I wanna keep seeing him playing so he'd better keep winning

Comment

• zag67
        Zag for Life
        • Sep 2007

Thanks Silas, give us a coupe more good weeks.

Comment

• 77Zag
          Zag for Life
          • Aug 2007

Loved that moment in the game -- don't back down, don't take any s**t, and show some Zag attitude. Similar to a coach taking a T for the team to motivate, only more effective. Si has been our true leader all year. He is our silent assassin.

Go Zags - Beat the Noles!!
          “The true measure of a Jesuit education,” said former Superior General Peter-Hans Kolvenbach, “is not what our students do, but who they become.”

Comment

• sonomajoe
            Redshirt
            • Mar 2018

My wife's favorite Zag, hands down. Might be mine, too, if I had to pick a fave. I love his grit and his solid, calming presence. And, as someone noted, great beard, too! An all-around cool guy.

Comment

• amaronizag
              Bleeds GU Blue
              • Jul 2013

Battier didn’t play in two games in the 1998-99 season so he ended his career with 131 wins. Karno is #1 all time with 132 (or 133?) wins. Karno is #1 all time in my book.

Comment

• MDABE80
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

We're going to Silas for more reasons than we can know right now. His defense is peerless. As you all know, I think a good defender saves us 10 pts per game. A superior defensive weapon like Silas locks up the other teams offense.
                Beyond that though, what a superior person. Fluent, mannered and represents GU very well. Team guy. Not sure what happened to his deadeye shooting but he's contributed in multiple ways. Well miss this kid.

Comment

• kylasdad
                  Kennel Club Material
                  • Feb 2007

I am always amazed at how high he jumps. He has grabbed some rebounds for us where he is just skying up there with the big boys.

Comment

• demian
                    Professional Zag Fan
                    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by kylasdad View Post
                    I am always amazed at how high he jumps. He has grabbed some rebounds for us where he is just skying up there with the big boys.
                    I agree, his rebounds are fun to watch cuz he out jumps people. He is so explosive and quick off the floor.

Comment

• Sarenyon
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2007

I'd like to see one or two Perk to Silas lobs and slams in transition against FSU. When he did that in the WCC tourney I jumped super high out of the couch.
                      GO ZAGS!!!

Comment

• Coach Crazy
                        • Apr 2011

Originally posted by MJ777 View Post
                        Hopefully a couple of the posters who continuously criticize him will walk on next year to take his minutes.
                        Wait, who is still one of his detractors? I was probably his harshest critic, and you'd probably have to go back to 2016 or so to find me still unconvinced about him. He reinvented his game. Without which, he would have gone the path of BA. He did what many players simply don't do. Now, he gets mentioned in the same breath as guys Kyle Dranginis and Byron Wesley and he's one of the winningest Zags of all time.

Perhaps I have glazed over those posts, but I just remember seeing any anti-Silas sentiment. Albeit, criticisms of play and performance are normal and happen for every player.

Comment

• bballbeachbum
                          Zag for Life
                          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Coach Crazy View Post
                          Wait, who is still one of his detractors? I was probably his harshest critic, and you'd probably have to go back to 2016 or so to find me still unconvinced about him. He reinvented his game. Without which, he would have gone the path of BA. He did what many players simply don't do. Now, he gets mentioned in the same breath as guys Kyle Dranginis and Byron Wesley and he's one of the winningest Zags of all time.

Perhaps I have glazed over those posts, but I just remember seeing any anti-Silas sentiment. Albeit, criticisms of play and performance are normal and happen for every player.
                          right on, but I see the posts on Silas you haven't evidently.

anyway, has always been tough-minded defensive stopper on other team's alpha guard, like GBj in that respect, but not the 2 guard scorer many judge the 2 guard position on. I think that's where the criticisms come from.

Instead, there's a reason he's such a winning player with the various combos of Zag players imo; lots of Zags can score, only the select few can successfully dog the other team's alpha guard

Comment

Working...
                          X