Quote Originally Posted by stretch View Post
    Someone posted this on the Ohio State fan forum Eleven Warriors:

Was LeBron in Japan 19 years ago...just asking
    Quote Originally Posted by Zag_Dad View Post
    HaHa... that IS funny!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    That's hysterically awesome!
    first time i've LOL'd in awhile

Anyone have a clip/replay of said dunk? Or where to find one, perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by raise the zag View Post
    first time i've LOL'd in awhile
    LOL...Nice complement to Rui's greatness.

Quote Originally Posted by stretch View Post
    Someone posted this on the Ohio State fan forum Eleven Warriors:

Quote Originally Posted by NEC26 View Post
    I prefer doing the smart thing and just running the clock out.
    Yeah scoring and increasing the lead while making a statement is definitely not smart. You probably hate competition too.

Quote Originally Posted by raise the zag View Post
    Anyone have a clip/replay of said dunk? Or where to find one, perhaps?
    https://youtu.be/JJ2RMjxU4M0?t=155

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzdb8 View Post
    i heard he glanced over at few and got the go ahead. i can't recall seeing it happen but might have missed it. any truth to that?
    Hard to tell from the TV angle what Few was doing. Watching it again, it looks to me like Rui looked over to Few, who raised his hand in the air as if to say "hold up", and then he dunked it anyway, after which Few immediately looked over and said something to Holtmann (my guess would be either an apology, or "sorry, he doesn't speak English").

Quote Originally Posted by scrooner View Post
    Hard to tell from the TV angle what Few was doing. Watching it again, it looks to me like Rui looked over to Few, who raised his hand in the air as if to say "hold up", and then he dunked it anyway, after which Few immediately looked over and said something to Holtmann (my guess would be either an apology, or "sorry, he doesn't speak English").
    But Tommy threw his hands up in celebration!
    It's not funny.

I was hoping he wouldn't do it, but it sure felt good when he did!

This is a total non-issue. That jam put an end to Ohio State's fouling game. It is likely that if Rui would've kept dribbling, OSU would've fouled yet AGAIN. His jam put an end to that.

Some of this sportsmanship stuff is crap. Rui's dunk was a borderline deal (unlike Wiltjer's dunk at Santa Clara a few years ago where Few made him apologize to Keating), and in those situations, you have to score. I think if I were Rui I may have just put it in off the backboard, but that's a very, very small quibble.

The game got pretty chippy on multiple occasions.

Haha! That would be even funnier!

Zag Shop (Thrift Shop Parody)

Gonzaga sind die besten! Gehe Zags!

Quote Originally Posted by CDC84 View Post
    This is a total non-issue. That jam put an end to Ohio State's fouling game. It is likely that if Rui would've kept dribbling, OSU would've fouled yet AGAIN. His jam put an end to that.

Some of this sportsmanship stuff is crap. Rui's dunk was a borderline deal (unlike Wiltjer's dunk at Santa Clara a few years ago where Few made him apologize to Keating), and in those situations, you have to score. I think if I were Rui I may have just put it in off the backboard, but that's a very, very small quibble.
    I agree with this so much I have a hard time putting it in words. Stop the nonsense.
    And yes, I promise if someone dunks on the Zags I will feel the same way. As long as the other team is trying to win, do what it takes to end it.

Had no problem with it whatsoever. Buckeyes had that one coming to them.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Not even close. Aggressive move, game still in play. They deserved the facial.
    Agree..especially after Wesson’s violent elbow to Rui

Better than getting your face dunked on with a flagrant elbow.

They shot a 3 at the end to make it 6 point game. Score til the end. good job Rui

Quote Originally Posted by Pargo the Destroyer View Post
    Yeah scoring and increasing the lead while making a statement is definitely not smart. You probably hate competition too.
    I'm sorry??? Hate competition? What are you even talking about? The smart thing to do is run the clock out. If they want to foul which they most certainly wouldn't have then you still get two points and you run the clock out. Every coach would teach their players that.
    I honestly could care less about etiquette. Its just the smart way to end the game thats all.

Hahahahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Etiquette is cute in Conference play as they all spend time together in off-season, mutual conference rep/respect, and games are not do or die, or win or go home.

This is the NCAA-friggin-Tournament. Survive and advance.

Ohio St might have fouled again.

It was starting to get too close for comfort.

Make a statement. No cutesy sportsmanship in this Tournament. It could be the difference b/w winning or losing.

Especially after a few chippy, bully/physical moves throughout the game. Slam it home!

It looked like Few was pointing to the basket and giving Rui permission to dunk it to me.

One of tOSU's players said before the game that GU would "feel" them this time. Wesson's elbow to the head to open the game left no doubt what he meant.

Hell yeah you throw it down on a team like that.

And it had nothing to do with the "smart play". Up 7 w/ what, 4 seconds left. Game was over when that play happened. If tOSU had played the game w/ any class, I'd say you should run the clock out. They didn't, and deserved to be shown up at the end.

I saw the dunk in person. It was awesome and it brought down the house in Boise.

Methow, WA (near a known Mark Few fishing hole)

Quote Originally Posted by maynard g krebs View Post
    One of tOSU's players said before the game that GU would "feel" them this time. Wesson's elbow to the head to open the game left no doubt what he meant.

Hell yeah you throw it down on a team like that.

And it had nothing to do with the "smart play". Up 7 w/ what, 4 seconds left. Game was over when that play happened. If tOSU had played the game w/ any class, I'd say you should run the clock out. They didn't, and deserved to be shown up at the end.
    The "play it smart" need not apply when you're up 3 possessions and there's 5 seconds left. You absolutely jam it home.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot. - Steven Wright

Beat everyone, and enjoy drinking from a chalice filled with their salty tears.
    Surfmonkey89