Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 27

Thread: All Time Top Shots!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    11,780

    Default All Time Top Shots!

    List them. Make it fun and embed a video if you get the chance.

    My starter list:

    1 - The tip in, the slipper still fits!! By far the most consequential shot in Gonzaga hoops history.

    2 - Jordan Matthews dagger vs Press Virginia

    3 - Adam Morrison bank shot 3 vs OSU in the Battle in Seattle “Called it”

    4 - Snacks FTW!!!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Spokannnnnnnnnnne
    Posts
    2,932

    Default

    5 meech coast to coast vs hilltoppers round of 32, 2009

    6 Gbj had a dagger 3 vs okie state some years back if I remember correctly

    7. Olynyk had a clutch three vs Baylor, David Stockton on the bench showing the world the approximate size of KO's gian, well, onions

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,975

    Default

    Jordan.....still fits.....meech.....norvell

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    525

    Default

    Less remembered regular season shots:

    Erroll Knight corner 3 vs USD (anytime Erroll shot a 3 was a harrowing experience, making the game winner was so cathartic): https://youtu.be/656VKAK4P3k

    Adam Morrison vs USF long-distance dagger (the moment you knew you were watching the national POY): at 1:18 https://youtu.be/WgCw3BTNH2E

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    9,597

    Default

    Dower @ Santa Clara January 29, 2014.... yeah I remember the date. It’s probably still in my top 8 or 9 shots... that shot still has my appreciation.... shot and made a three to beat SCU when they were pesky as $H!T
    Last edited by gonzagafan62; 03-15-2018 at 08:08 PM.
    Qualified for 23 Straight Big Dances

    12 Straight Round of 32s

    11 Sweet Sixteens (6 Straight)

    4 Elite Eights

    2017 AND 2021 FINAL FOUR

    2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

    2021 Undefeated Regular Season

    The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Mom’s Basement
    Posts
    8,195

    Default

    Calvary’s game-winning put back against Virginia was huge.
    Gonzaga has defeated Baylor, Illinois, Virginia, Duke, North Carolina, Kansas, UCLA, Arizona, Creighton, Oklahoma, Florida State, Texas A&M, Oregon, Iowa, West Virginia, Auburn, USC, and Washington over just the past three seasons.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    1,962

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alum08 View Post
    Less remembered regular season shots:

    Erroll Knight corner 3 at home vs USD (anytime Erroll shot a 3 was a harrowing experience, making the game winner was so cathartic): https://youtu.be/656VKAK4P3k

    Adam Morrison vs USF long-distance dagger (the moment you knew you were watching the national POY): at 1:18 https://youtu.be/WgCw3BTNH2E
    I know what you mean about regular season games but those big dance games just have special significance.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    1,962

    Default

    As big as Zach's shot was - hope that Perk's jumper to tie doesn't get forgot. If he doesn't hit that, we are in big trouble.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Oklafriggenhoma
    Posts
    7,695

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ekrub View Post
    5 meech coast to coast vs hilltoppers round of 32, 2009

    6 Gbj had a dagger 3 vs okie state some years back if I remember correctly

    7. Olynyk had a clutch three vs Baylor, David Stockton on the bench showing the world the approximate size of KO's gian, well, onions
    Right in front of me in Stillwater, New Years Day 2013 or New Years Eve 2012 can't remember which
    Birddog

    Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Posts
    10,665

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Birddog View Post
    Right in front of me in Stillwater, New Years Day 2013 or New Years Eve 2012 can't remember which
    I also had a great view...Mike Hart set a great screen to set Gary up...

    After the game, we were able to get plenty of photos with the team, they're posted in one of my albums here.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gonzagafan62 View Post
    Dower @ Santa Cora January 29, 2014.... yeah I remember the date. It’s probably still in my top 8 or 9 shots... that shot still has my appreciation.... shot and made a three to beat SCU when they were pesky as $H!T
    Dower had one on the road at Xavier on New Years Eve if memory serves that was HUGE

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    9,597

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Birddog View Post
    Right in front of me in Stillwater, New Years Day 2013 or New Years Eve 2012 can't remember which
    It was NYE, I remember cuz that was the first day at my current job and I left early that day cuz of the game
    Qualified for 23 Straight Big Dances

    12 Straight Round of 32s

    11 Sweet Sixteens (6 Straight)

    4 Elite Eights

    2017 AND 2021 FINAL FOUR

    2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

    2021 Undefeated Regular Season

    The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    1,357

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by former1dog View Post
    List them. Make it fun and embed a video if you get the chance.

    My starter list:

    1 - The tip in, the slipper still fits!! By far the most consequential shot in Gonzaga hoops history.

    2 - Jordan Matthews dagger vs Press Virginia

    3 - Adam Morrison bank shot 3 vs OSU in the Battle in Seattle “Called it”

    4 - Snacks FTW!!!
    Hyperbole entirely. See Dickau, Frahm, Bankhead, Stepp, Ammo, and plenty of others...

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    11,780

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Malastein View Post
    Hyperbole entirely. See Dickau, Frahm, Bankhead, Stepp, Ammo, and plenty of others...
    Dude, this is for fun. Lighten up and contribute to the list.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    20,296

    Default

    Didn’t DD hit a buzzer shot to beat saint joe on New Year’s Eve?

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    11,780

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Didn’t DD hit a buzzer shot to beat saint joe on New Year’s Eve?
    It was a stupidly awesome shot from deeeeep!!!

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Somewhere between pain and pleasure
    Posts
    3,650

    Default

    Let's throw in the Ammo to PMAC buzzer beater for the win vs. USF. Ammo giving the ball up with the game on the line!!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSLCo3q79xA
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world.
    Those who understand binary and those who do not.
    "Only a madman or an economist thinks exponential growth can go on forever in a finite world."

    Func FOO

    E .· ` ' / ·. F
    The FOO fuels me.


  18. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    17,091

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bartruff1 View Post
    Jordan.....still fits.....meech.....norvell
    I put ‘the tip in’ first and then this order.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

    ________________________________



    Foo Time

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Posts
    10,665

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kitzbuel View Post
    I put ‘the tip in’ first and then this order.
    Yup, that's the one that sparked the lightning we've ridden for 20 years.

  20. #20

    Default

    March only:

    1. Slipper Still Fits '99
    2. Mathews '17
    3. Calvary Part II -- Virginia vs. Gonzaga 2000, Dickau loses ball, Casey grabs it puts in for the win '01
    4. Tony Skinner's put back to send 2003 Arizona game to OT. '03
    5. Meech coast to coast '09
    6. Cold Blooded Norvell '18

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,271

    Default

    Not a top shot, but:

    Wasn't there a shattered backboard at the Coluseum? This thread got me vaguely recalling an incident like that. I think we had one happen by an opponent as well.

  22. #22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caduceus View Post
    Not a top shot, but:

    Wasn't there a shattered backboard at the Coluseum? This thread got me vaguely recalling an incident like that. I think we had one happen by an opponent as well.
    Oklahoma. Tiny Gallon.

    EDIT: LINK TO VIDEO

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,271

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pleasant Peninsula View Post
    Oklahoma. Tiny Gallon.

    EDIT: LINK TO VIDEO
    Hahah, yep. I remember he was a load with a name to fit!

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    1,569

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alum08 View Post
    Less remembered regular season shots:

    Erroll Knight corner 3 vs USD (anytime Erroll shot a 3 was a harrowing experience, making the game winner was so cathartic): https://youtu.be/656VKAK4P3k

    Adam Morrison vs USF long-distance dagger (the moment you knew you were watching the national POY): at 1:18 https://youtu.be/WgCw3BTNH2E
    Remember how crappy TV clarity was..good lord
    I am working on being a more all around square.

  25. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caduceus View Post
    Not a top shot, but:

    Wasn't there a shattered backboard at the Coluseum? This thread got me vaguely recalling an incident like that. I think we had one happen by an opponent as well.
    Calvary broke one too. Against Wsu at the arena, was third row and during stoppage snagged a piece that is still taped to the ticket stub.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •