Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Drew Timme

Quote Originally Posted by Goshzagit View Post
    at least Timme has an actual connection to GU; all these transfer, grad transfer, and recruits posts/threads based on pure speculation and personal wish-lists are getting tiring.

We lose good information on many actual prospects among all the noise.

At least have a tweet, or some semblance of a connection, heck, even potential connection before we post, "what about this guy? or this guy?" as if the Coaches are taking note.
    Agreed. Don’t think this applies to Timme, like you state above, but too much nonsensical conjecture out there.

Quote Originally Posted by OntZags View Post
    It's the offseason lol. If you don't like it, don't come here. This is what happens this time of year, nobody is twisting your arm to come read posts.

Secondly, how on Earth can you suggest Gonzaga isn't in contention here? Him and his family traveled quite some distance to come all the way to Spokane on an unofficial visit. GU doesn't get a whole lot of those outside of locals.

They probably don't get him - based on odds alone - but that doesn't preclude him from being a very legitimate talking point around here.
    wow---right to the "If you don't like it, don't come here" line......good one......all I asked was why the interest in guys who will never come here.....is it true boredom? and Gonzaga was not his only stop in the NW and it currently appears extremely unlikely we're even on his board today.....but it's not all Timme ....it's all the "hey SG from Maine is leaving school...we should get him....now let's discuss" -------and this is not only during the off season........oh well.........anyway, go zags

Quote Originally Posted by titopoet View Post
    I understand the allure of Austin, but Fort Worth? Dallas' little boring cousin.
    Got news for you Tito...Fort Worth is 4 times larger than Spokane, and probably 20 times wealthier...plenty of things to do there.

Quote Originally Posted by realtydog View Post
    yeah ....how many?
    You're the one who made this claim: guys we are never in the running for

And my question to you is why would guys who we're "not in the running for" fly from Texas to Spokane with his parents on their own dime?

Given our history of developing big men, I still like our chances.

The coaches have planted the vision in Drew’s mind that he can be the “next great Gonzaga big man.” That’s saying something.

wow---right to the "If you don't like it, don't come here" line......good one......all I asked was why the interest in guys who will never come here.....is it true boredom? and Gonzaga was not his only stop in the NW and it currently appears extremely unlikely we're even on his board today.....but it's not all Timme ....it's all the "hey SG from Maine is leaving school...we should get him....now let's discuss" -------and this is not only during the off season........oh well.........anyway, go zags
    i feel a little dirty, but i agree with spy on this one. i think, objectively, that there's plenty of reason to believe that we have a chance at timme (tho he'll probably end up somewhere else, as most recruits do numbers-wise)-- and therefore this is a good, interesting, and appropriate convo to have and i hope to continue to receive updates on his development and recruiting.

if you're really posting on timme's thread because you're sick of all the other threads/posts where players are brought up without a meaningful link to the school, then i'd just say you probably won't get so much push-back if you pick your spots a little better

and go zags.

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post

And my question to you is why would guys who we're "not in the running for" fly from Texas to Spokane with his parents on their own dime?
    C'mon spy...there have been tons of "Taeshon Cherry" type threads ---so I don't know what you mean by "claim"????? guys we never were in the running for---be honest with yourself at least

Hey---I hope Timme surprises the world and becomes a zag----but the truth is nobody would even put $10 on it happening----and by the way---GU was not the only reason to visit our great PNW for Timme--ask your boys on here with a little more connection and they could verify that for your info(if they were told last fall)

C'mon spy...there have been tons of "Taeshon Cherry" type threads ---so I don't know what you mean by "claim"????? guys we never were in the running for---be honest with yourself at least

Hey---I hope Timme surprises the world and becomes a zag----but the truth is nobody would even put $10 on it happening----and by the way---GU was not the only reason to visit our great PNW for Timme--ask your boys on here with a little more connection and they could verify that for your info(if they were told last fall)
    Actually, my bet is closer to $20, considering the price of tickets and concessions when we went to see Drew play. lol

Quote Originally Posted by soccerdud View Post
    i feel a little dirty, but i agree with spy on this one. i think, objectively, that there's plenty of reason to believe that we have a chance at timme (tho he'll probably end up somewhere else, as most recruits do numbers-wise)-- and therefore this is a good, interesting, and appropriate convo to have and i hope to continue to receive updates on his development and recruiting.

if you're really posting on timme's thread because you're sick of all the other threads/posts where players are brought up without a meaningful link to the school, then i'd just say you probably won't get so much push-back if you pick your spots a little better

and go zags.
    It wasn't me it was Ontario Zag

spy, I think it's huge that his parents visited the campus. One thing that's now a positive is American has five direct flights to Spokane daily...not to mention that the vast majority of Zag games are televised.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    spy, I think it's huge that his parents visited the campus. One thing that's now a positive is American has five direct flights to Spokane daily...not to mention that the vast majority of Zag games are televised.
    Five daily nonstop flights from Spokane to to Dallas? Wow, that's crazy.

Five daily nonstop flights from Spokane to to Dallas? Wow, that's crazy.
    I will probably take advantage of that later on this year.

Quote Originally Posted by soccerdud View Post

and go zags.
    I'm actually with realtydog, on this one. I find little reason to believe that Timme is going to be a player that we have a shot at. Would be nice, but I just haven't seen a compelling argument. Having *taken* a visit, means that a visit was taken. They could vary well have seen other places, and/or not seen what they felt was needed. Or it was far too early in the process to have the impact need, and so on, and so forth. Unless we're somehow in his top schools when the time comes, I think this is one that isn't happening.

There is 99% of conjecture we should overlook on these boards when it comes to recruits/g-transfers/u-transfers/prospects, yet don't count Timme out.

"on paper" he looks to be headed to TCU, A&M, Oklahoma, Texas, et al, yet I know he's high on Gonzaga. It may just be too far away from home, Spangler style, yet at least he's a big fan. Pun intended.

I prefer the pipe-dreaming about recruits over reading that people who are against conference realignment are disingenuous, naive, shameful, and illogical persons. (Read: please spare the insults and emotive rhetoric to try to make a point). I’d much rather weed through extra info than be insulted regularly.

The recruit stuff also gives me players to pay attention to during the off-season and during play. I will be much more interested to watch Texas to see how Kemaka Hepa does, for example. As another example, Spangler gave me reason to root for Oklahoma.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    I will probably take advantage of that later on this year.
    I've had only one 'nonstop' flight to Dallas from Spokane so far ..... and it stopped in Abilene first (nasty T-storms in Dallas). Ended up missing our connecting flight and got a day behind on a trip to Argentina. Think I'll try a different nonstop route next time.
    http://www.fowlplaces.com/zags/GoZagsTinySignGuyGlassesColor.png

Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    I prefer the pipe-dreaming about recruits over reading that people who are against conference realignment are disingenuous, naive, shameful, and illogical persons. (Read: please spare the insults and emotive rhetoric to try to make a point). I’d much rather weed through extra info than be insulted regularly.

The recruit stuff also gives me players to pay attention to during the off-season and during play. I will be much more interested to watch Texas to see how Kemaka Hepa does, for example. As another example, Spangler gave me reason to root for Oklahoma.
    +1
    "but I did not shoot the deputy...."

My mouse comes with a scroll wheel. If I don't want to read something, I use it.