Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Drew Timme

Default Drew Timme

Drew will be on an official visit to Purdue tomorrow.
    Last edited by doctorzag; 03-12-2018 at 07:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by doctorzag View Post
    What about Drew Timme? He visiting anybody soon?

Easy flight to Boise!
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

Perfect fit for him.

Of his list of offers and schools, Purdue and us are the best fit of style/use/history.

Boilermakers a "hot" program/team right now. Pun intended. Been Top-10 type team last 2 years too.

Although, Tournament success hasn't followed. They went to S16 last season, yet haven't been past 1st Rd previously in over a decade.

Our Tournament success still vastly UNDERrated. Final 4 last yr, Sweet 16 yr before, Elite 8 yr before that, 8 Sweet 16's since 2000, etc.
    "Rob plays with a high level of intensity when it's time, has a good time when it's not ... I love his enthusiasm and his zest for life. He picks us all up when he enters the gym."

-- Coach Few

crap!

Has he visited Gonzaga yet?

Wait, I thought you couldn't take an "official" visit until your senior year, no?

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    Wait, I thought you couldn't take an "official" visit until your senior year, no?
    He’s on his spring break.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    He’s on his spring break.
    But wouldnt that still be an unofficial visit because hes still a junior? Or can it be an official visit because the season is over?

But wouldnt that still be an unofficial visit because hes still a junior? Or can it be an official visit because the season is over?
    Don’t know, I’m sure more knowledgeable people will chime in.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    Don’t know, I’m sure more knowledgeable people will chime in.
    Ya think?
    Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.

Are we sure this is legit? I mean the more I think about it, the more far fetched it seems. What team is going to host a recruit a few days before their march madness tourney game? We wouldn't host a recruit now, 100% focus on the tourney. This seems a bit fishy to me.

It is under 350 miles from Purdue University to Detroit.

Maybe Drew will ride the bus and see how fun it is to be 7'+ and take the bus!

Are we sure this is legit? I mean the more I think about it, the more far fetched it seems. What team is going to host a recruit a few days before their march madness tourney game? We wouldn't host a recruit now, 100% focus on the tourney. This seems a bit fishy to me.
    Yeah, seems weird. Unless they think it is some sort of weird power play? I don't know.

when Harris visited Gonzaga ...unofficially..was staff able to give him a tour? maybe something like that

Quote Originally Posted by Zagceo View Post
    when Harris visited Gonzaga ...unofficially..was staff able to give him a tour? maybe something like that
    But three days before your first round game? I've gotta think that the staff is 100% focused on the game, not some high school junior wanting to check out the facilities. I checked Purdues most active board and there is zero mention of Timme visiting.

I can see why Coach Painter is recruiting him. For one Purdue is one of the few teams in the nation who utilizes big men. Also, Timme just looks like a prototypical Boilermaker big man in videos.

http://www.ncaa.org/student-athletes/future/recruiting

At the web site above, click on the link, "View the Division I recruiting guide".

Division I Men's Basketball: Official Visit: January 1 of Junior Year.

Division I Women's Basketball: Official Visit: No earlier than the Thursday following the NCAA Division I Women's Basketball Championship game of the PSA's junior year in high school.

Other sports have different rules. The web site above also has a link to a Division II recruiting guide and a link to the NCAA 2017-2018 Recruiting Calendar.

Its legit. Go to Drews profile at 247. It has his twitter feed where he confirms this info.

Its legit. Go to Drews profile at 247. It has his twitter feed where he confirms this info.
    Wow, that just seems insane for the team to be hosting a recruit three days before your tournament begins. All of your focus should be on the games at hand not trying to convince a high school junior to come play for you. Thank you for posting that by the way

Quote Originally Posted by Zagineer View Post
    http://www.ncaa.org/student-athletes/future/recruiting

At the web site above, click on the link, "View the Division I recruiting guide".

Division I Men's Basketball: Official Visit: January 1 of Junior Year.

Division I Women's Basketball: Official Visit: No earlier than the Thursday following the NCAA Division I Women's Basketball Championship game of the PSA's junior year in high school.

Other sports have different rules. The web site above also has a link to a Division II recruiting guide and a link to the NCAA 2017-2018 Recruiting Calendar.

Thank you for posting that

They play a Tournament game in 2 days...and they are hosting recruits?

I assume a player host, coaches dinner, meetings, etc.

All focus, effort, energy, attention should be on their upcoming game, right?

No wonder we have been to double the amount of Sweet 16's, triple the Elite 8's, & a Final 4 compared to them since 2000.

Preparation is paramount.

This seems like an unnecessary distraction the more I think of it, yet also tells me Timme is likely very high on Purdue.

Maybe he just wants to watch em work? Very odd timing
    "Rob plays with a high level of intensity when it's time, has a good time when it's not ... I love his enthusiasm and his zest for life. He picks us all up when he enters the gym."

-- Coach Few

Just as I suspected, it's an unofficial visit, i.e walking around the campus with his parents. That makes a lot more sense, no team is going to host a recruit a few days before the tourney.

Drew Timme unofficially visits Purdue Boilermakers

https://247sports.com/Player/Drew-Timme-45572951

Quote Originally Posted by CDC84 View Post
    I can see why Coach Painter is recruiting him. For one Purdue is one of the few teams in the nation who utilizes big men. Also, Timme just looks like a prototypical Boilermaker big man in videos.
    It's not like Gonzaga puts bigs into the NBA! Well, aside from Ronny, Austin, Robert, Kelly, Domas, and Zach.

It might be a fantastic time to host a recruit. The excitement, energy and focus with the players is probably at a high level. Students are probably extra supportive and excited. The campus probably has more Purdue basketball stuff in the windows.

I have no idea how much time the staff actually spends with a recruit, but I doubt the head coach is holding his hand and showing him around for 8 hours.