• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thespywhozaggedme
    Banned
    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Zagceo View Post
    when Harris visited Gonzaga ...unofficially..was staff able to give him a tour? maybe something like that
    But three days before your first round game? I've gotta think that the staff is 100% focused on the game, not some high school junior wanting to check out the facilities. I checked Purdues most active board and there is zero mention of Timme visiting.

Comment

• CDC84
      Super Moderator
      • Feb 2007

I can see why Coach Painter is recruiting him. For one Purdue is one of the few teams in the nation who utilizes big men. Also, Timme just looks like a prototypical Boilermaker big man in videos.

Comment

• Zagineer
        Zag for Life
        • Jan 2008

Originally posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
        But wouldnt that still be an unofficial visit because hes still a junior? Or can it be an official visit because the season is over?

At the web site above, click on the link, "View the Division I recruiting guide".

Division I Men's Basketball: Official Visit: January 1 of Junior Year.

Division I Women's Basketball: Official Visit: No earlier than the Thursday following the NCAA Division I Women's Basketball Championship game of the PSA's junior year in high school.

Other sports have different rules. The web site above also has a link to a Division II recruiting guide and a link to the NCAA 2017-2018 Recruiting Calendar.

Comment

• doctorzag
          Banned
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
          Are we sure this is legit? I mean the more I think about it, the more far fetched it seems. What team is going to host a recruit a few days before their march madness tourney game? We wouldn't host a recruit now, 100% focus on the tourney. This seems a bit fishy to me.
          Its legit. Go to Drews profile at 247. It has his twitter feed where he confirms this info.

Comment

• thespywhozaggedme
            Banned
            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by doctorzag View Post
            Its legit. Go to Drews profile at 247. It has his twitter feed where he confirms this info.
            Wow, that just seems insane for the team to be hosting a recruit three days before your tournament begins. All of your focus should be on the games at hand not trying to convince a high school junior to come play for you. Thank you for posting that by the way

Comment

• thespywhozaggedme
              Banned
              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Zagineer View Post
              http://www.ncaa.org/student-athletes/future/recruiting

At the web site above, click on the link, "View the Division I recruiting guide".

Division I Men's Basketball: Official Visit: January 1 of Junior Year.

Division I Women's Basketball: Official Visit: No earlier than the Thursday following the NCAA Division I Women's Basketball Championship game of the PSA's junior year in high school.

Other sports have different rules. The web site above also has a link to a Division II recruiting guide and a link to the NCAA 2017-2018 Recruiting Calendar.

Thank you for posting that

Comment

• raise the zag
                Zag for Life
                • May 2011

They play a Tournament game in 2 days...and they are hosting recruits?

I assume a player host, coaches dinner, meetings, etc.

All focus, effort, energy, attention should be on their upcoming game, right?

No wonder we have been to double the amount of Sweet 16's, triple the Elite 8's, & a Final 4 compared to them since 2000.

Preparation is paramount.

This seems like an unnecessary distraction the more I think of it, yet also tells me Timme is likely very high on Purdue.

Maybe he just wants to watch em work? Very odd timing

Comment

• thespywhozaggedme
                  Banned
                  • Feb 2007

Just as I suspected, it's an unofficial visit, i.e walking around the campus with his parents. That makes a lot more sense, no team is going to host a recruit a few days before the tourney.

Drew Timme unofficially visits Purdue Boilermakers

Drew Timme is a 6-10, 235-pound Center (BK) from Richardson, TX.

Comment

• willandi
                    Zag for Life
                    • Nov 2007

Originally posted by CDC84 View Post
                    I can see why Coach Painter is recruiting him. For one Purdue is one of the few teams in the nation who utilizes big men. Also, Timme just looks like a prototypical Boilermaker big man in videos.
                    It's not like Gonzaga puts bigs into the NBA! Well, aside from Ronny, Austin, Robert, Kelly, Domas, and Zach.
                    Not even a smile? What's your problem!

Comment

• JPtheBeasta
                      Zag for Life
                      • Oct 2008

It might be a fantastic time to host a recruit. The excitement, energy and focus with the players is probably at a high level. Students are probably extra supportive and excited. The campus probably has more Purdue basketball stuff in the windows.

I have no idea how much time the staff actually spends with a recruit, but I doubt the head coach is holding his hand and showing him around for 8 hours.

Comment

• SLOZag
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2007

I just checked Rivals to see what's up with Timme. He's currently ranked #54 nationally by Rivals, is holding 14 offers from most big time middle American teams, and Gonzaga's name doesn't appear on the list of schools extending offers.

SLOZag
                        "Kids come here to better their own lives, not ours. If you take a player’s failures as a personal affront…. check yourself." - Chick-Stratino'sUrDaddy

Comment

• jazzdelmar
                          Zag for Life
                          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by SLOZag View Post
                          I just checked Rivals to see what's up with Timme. He's currently ranked #54 nationally by Rivals, is holding 14 offers from most big time middle American teams, and Gonzaga's name doesn't appear on the list of schools extending offers.

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospec...rew-timme-9785
                          Why would it?

Comment

• OntZags
                            Professional Zag Fan
                            • Jan 2017

Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post
                            Why would it?
                            Because it's been widely reported we've offered and have been in on him for a while?

We're listed here as offered. I thought Rivals got subsumed into 247 anyway, didn't know it was still going on?

By no means do I think Gonzaga is the favourite here but they've definitely offered.

Comment

• TexasZagFan
                              Zag for Life
                              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by OntZags View Post
                              Because it's been widely reported we've offered and have been in on him for a while?

We're listed here as offered. I thought Rivals got subsumed into 247 anyway, didn't know it was still going on?

By no means do I think Gonzaga is the favourite here but they've definitely offered.
                              The emergence of TCU troubles me. His parents would be able to see him at every home game. Of course, the allure of playing in Austin is always there.

Comment

• bdmiller7
                                Zag for Life
                                • Jun 2017

Scout and 247 merged.

Comment

Working...
                                X