Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: GU vs UNC Greensboro- Predictions/What you hope to see

Quote Originally Posted by upan8th View Post
    So much of the outcome here in JP's hands. Is he bringing the game he's had for the last month with a terrific assist to turnover ratio, content to have his scoring take a back seat to others (Tillie, Norvell) or will he be dazzled by the national TV audience and, seeking the spotlight, jack up a dozen treys, making one. If that happens (see SDSU) we're up against it, might eke out win, probably lose. Prefer to think the floor leader Josh will show up, take his points as they come, albeit with his usual sub-par defense, and raise the potential for all his team mates. If that happens, even given the Zag's history of shaky starts, the final should be right around the pregame spread: GU 71 UNCG 59. Inclined to bet? Go under.
    +1

These 7 or 8 assist & 1 or 2 TO games are more impressive than his 17-20 pt games, going 2-8 3pt, with 4 or 5 TO's.

Our margin of victory has skyrocketed when Perkins has 'managed' the game, set others up to score, and been more of a floor general.

Hope he doesn't feel too much pressure to score, given the slower pace, press, etc. He hasn't done well vs press this season, seems to force it too often, almost too aggressive on occasion.

Perkins has played like Jason Kidd the last 2 wks, and made a huge difference for us. His high scoring games are mostly met with closer games, I've discovered the more our guards launch shots, the more interest guys like Tillie loses -- gotta keep him engaged and active.
    "Rob plays with a high level of intensity when it's time, has a good time when it's not ... I love his enthusiasm and his zest for life. He picks us all up when he enters the gym."

-- Coach Few

Had to sit on this one for awhile - will the Zags be rusty and come out slow, or will they look fresh and sharp? I'm hoping for fresh and sharp...

GU 75
    UNCG 65

Hope we attack their passive zone press. Speed the game up and stay intense on d. Attack their bigs....after Dickey they look slow.
    Zags 68
    UNCG 52

Fast start, smart play. No injuries, no overtime’s. Safe win to rest players and conserve energy for next game.

Zags 80
    UNCG 64

Go Zags! EE or better; you’re good enough, you just need to want it enough!

I want to see Perkins come out of the gate and get two threes. This will bump him up to 10th place on the single season 3-pointers made list.

Zag Shop (Thrift Shop Parody)

Gonzaga sind die besten! Gehe Zags!

early game, kind of expect Miller to dare the Zags to hit from deep early in the shot clock, see how nervous they are and if it will keep the Zags from attacking the paint where the Zags appear to have some advantages, we'll see
    defend the 3 and rebound hard, UNCG uses the screen roll to get Alonso looks from 3 off the bounce, among other things, but if Zags can defend and rebound the misses to get out while going inside on the grinding possessions to collapse the D first, I think they can control the tempo that UNCG wants to create with their own good defense

hope Zags show up firing and defending great from jump, use any nerves as energy to burn early

Go Zags!

Quote Originally Posted by raise the zag View Post
    +1

These 7 or 8 assist & 1 or 2 TO games are more impressive than his 17-20 pt games, going 2-8 3pt, with 4 or 5 TO's.

Our margin of victory has skyrocketed when Perkins has 'managed' the game, set others up to score, and been more of a floor general.

Hope he doesn't feel too much pressure to score, given the slower pace, press, etc. He hasn't done well vs press this season, seems to force it too often, almost too aggressive on occasion.

Perkins has played like Jason Kidd the last 2 wks, and made a huge difference for us. His high scoring games are mostly met with closer games, I've discovered the more our guards launch shots, the more interest guys like Tillie loses -- gotta keep him engaged and active.
    Limited turnover

Only credited with 2 assists but I know I saw at least 3 long press break passes for dunks

Shot decent

Solid game
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few