Thread: sf vs zags game...a note

Default sf vs zags game...a note

I rewatched the game just now....at about the 2:50 mark in the 4th quarter you can hear someone yelling at Seiland using an obscenity...four letter word to be exact.....you can't see who's yelling it but it had to come from the SF bench since they were yelling at her to get into another position...knowing what we know about the language one particular SF coach used at the kennel, it very well could have been that coach again....

and she had the nerve to talk about respect on the pregame video program.....

how can players put up with that...

By far the loudest and crudest person in the gym during the GU-USF game was a Zag Fan (??? but I hesitate to call him that but he had a GU hat on) was yelling vulgarities at the USF cheerleaders all game until the 4th quarter when the Orleans sent a staff member to sit right in front of him. He obviously had a problem with the two, male cheerleaders the USF squad had brought with them and he made his views quite known.

There are several types of coaches and coaching styles. We at GU have gotten very used to the player first coach like KG and CLF. There are other, old-style, type coaches that are very successful; Geno Auriemma (UConn), Muffit McGraw (ND), Kim Mulkey (Baylor), Pat Summitt (Tennessee), and locally Wendy Schuller (EWU) etc. These coaches have a very different coaching style than KG & CLF.

Some kids cannot handle the hard-nose, old-style coaching and leave. 4 players left EWUs Wbb team and accused Schuller of abuse including Jade Redmond. EWU found no abuse and the players that remained support her a 100%. I have heard interviews with numerous WNBA players who have played under Auriemma comment that if they had not played for him they would not have reached their full potential. They needed that push that Geno gave them.

Different coaching styles, like teaching styles, work with different types of kids. Thankfully, it is getting easier and more common for players to change teams if they find the place is not for them.

ZagDad

its one thing to swear in private, which I admit that I do... everybody does it if truthful.....its quite another to do it shouting across the gym in front of thousands of fans and many more listening in, on the Mormon tv channel....

I thought it was very disrespectful to Seiland, a solid senior player, playing in her last 3 minutes of her college basketball career...to be castigated in such a manner in front of other team mates and the fans.

as a parent, I would have been furious....