Thread: Selection Sunday Games

Default Selection Sunday Games

I think they should get rid of championship games played on selection Sunday. Gives the committee a complete 24 hours to evaluate without any potential hiccups. Thoughts?

If we all agree, I will move forward with implementation
    I am working on being a more all around square.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagsker View Post
    I think they should get rid of championship games played on selection Sunday. Gives the committee a complete 24 hours to evaluate without any potential hiccups. Thoughts?

If we all agree, I will move forward with implementation
    Agree
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Only if they do selection show at noon est so I can enjoy my coffee with something ncaa basketball related

Otherwise I would be left with no excuse and be forced to engage in my honey do list
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopaholic View Post
    Only if they do selection show at noon est so I can enjoy my coffee with something ncaa basketball related

Otherwise I would be left with no excuse and be forced to engage in my honey do list
    Don't tell the wife, just run a replay of some game
    I am working on being a more all around square.

Disagree.

This idea is totally logical and therefore does not jibe with NCAA protocol. We will continue to see last minute games, ridiculous statistical measures used and weird things like quadrant systems.

David Worlock (NCAA media) tweet:

The drama of Sunday: One team is the biggest Rhode Island fan in the world tomorrow. A Davidson win knocks them out. (And no, I can't tell you who that is.) Find out at 6 p.m. ET with the selection show in TBS.

https://twitter.com/DavidWorlock/sta...76058880315392
    Anybody think it might be a WCC team that refused a game with URI this year? That would be ironic.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagsker View Post
    Don't tell the wife, just run a replay of some game
    Haaa. That I could do
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

I do agree that the Sunday games should end well before the selection show. It is all done for TV, so there is no reason that it can't be done right...much like ESPN should allow an extra 15-30 minutes between games. They NEVER last just 2 hours.
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

Zagsker, I agree with you, but I think there's a lot of revenue being generated by the five tournaments that finish today. . .filthy lucre trumps common sense, etc.

Maybe you should throw your hat in the ring to be the new commissioner of the WCC. . .they will need a good one soon.

Basketball Web Sites Listing

"The most interesting place exists between how people see themselves and how other people do." -- Wright Thompson