• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JAGzag
    Zag for Life
    • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Kong-Kool-Aid View Post
    Hell of a game today, just keep getting better and better. 10 points, 8 assists, 100% leadership.
    Boy, I was a JP doubter all year; just seemed prone to too many bonehead plays. But what a year he's had and has REALLY locked down his role for the team. He looks to be having so much fun out there. Those stats are EXACTLY what we need this time of year - feed the weapons and when they're struggling, do your thing. Congrats to Josh!!

Comment

• LongIslandZagFan
      • Feb 2007

Josh exudes confidence. He was the coolest cat on the court... never fazed.
      "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Comment

• zagfan24
        Zag for Life
        • Jun 2008

Originally posted by Birddog View Post
        Josh has steadily improved his play since January. His decision making now is off the charts good and he has almost totally eliminated "off" plays.
        Yep. He has impressively continued to make some nice plays while reigning in the turnovers. I’m so impressed with his decision making and game control.

Comment

• Goshzagit
          Zag for Life
          • Dec 2007

Originally posted by zagfan24 View Post
          Yep. He has impressively continued to make some nice plays while reigning in the turnovers. I’m so impressed with his decision making and game control.
          and so is Coach Few.

Took time out of the post-game pressor to single-out Perkins, not once, but twice when asked about how great Rui, Norvell, et al were...

"Hey, who gets lost in all this is Josh Perkins, he has been...well....terrific for us since that last home game vs St Marys. He has flash to his game, and he values it, yet puts aside to continue making winning plays for us time and time again. I mean 8 assists, 2 TO's this game. Really really managing the game, finding guys in the right spots, getting us set, just been great..."

Comment

• Martin Centre Mad Man
            Administrator
            • Apr 2009

Josh had another great game against Ohio State.

He has really improved over the course of this season. He has a lot of talented players around him. He does a great job of feeding them when and where they are in the best position to score.
            “No team in the country has a better winning percentage against power conference teams since 2017 than Gonzaga... the Zags are playing above average teams in the best leagues in the country and winning 78% of the time.”

-Ken Pomeroy-

https://www.ksl.com/article/50342950...in-perspective

Comment

• Goshzagit
              Zag for Life
              • Dec 2007

honestly, given Josh's knack for managing the game the latter part of this season, and making smart plays/passes consistently, he's on an upward trend.

IF he decides to stay next season, work on a floater, finishing in the lane, getting a bit stronger, he has a serious shot at finding a Jason Kidd type role at the next level.

All Josh really needs is to be a threat in the lane, and to develop a floater. I feel if he spent an entire off-season doing it, he could fine a niche in the League.

His ball handling is blue chip, vision, passing, even shooting (although since his bangs have fallen in his eyes, his shot hasn't been the same, no joke). Just needs to be a threat to score on the dribble-drive, and he's something very special. Rare.

Joel Berry is considered a late 2nd Round lock to NBA. I think Perkins is better than him. Similar, but Perkins has more "game". Joel just more consistent scorer.

Comment

• kitzbuel
                • Feb 2007

I selected him as my GUnit because of his steady constant play. He is a star now.
                'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
                - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Comment

• gonstu
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

Man, he's playing great.

Comment

• bartruff1
                    Zag for Life
                    • Jan 2010

Indispensable ...the only player that Gonzaga can not do without....

Comment

• 75Zag
                      Zag for Life
                      • Mar 2007

Congratulations to Perkins. He played one of the best games of his career at a critical time yesterday.
                      On the other hand, "appreciation" threads directed at specific players always cause me to feel a bit uneasy. My new car has 6 cylinders, and while I greatly appreciate the work that cylinder #3 has been doing for me lately, I am pretty sure I would be screwed if any of the other 5 weren't working along side the much-appreciated #3. And so, like my kids, I appreciate all of my cylinders - and GU players - equally.

Go Bulldogs!
                      Do not go gentle into that good night,
                      Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
                      Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Comment

• vandalzag
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2007

Not bad for a SG Josh has been great and is really pushing this team to another level. Really has found when to pick his spots. The team is clicking and his play is the major reason. It has been fun to watch.

Comment

• thespywhozaggedme
                          Banned
                          • Feb 2007

I really hope he chooses to come back next year; Josh, Zach, Rui, Cory, Brandon, Larsen, etc. is a top 5 team.

Comment

• Goshzagit
                            Zag for Life
                            • Dec 2007

Originally posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
                            I really hope he chooses to come back next year; Josh, Zach, Rui, Cory, Brandon, Larsen, etc. is a top 5 team.
                            Larsen.

Needs to get that knee fixed in the off-season. A hopeful suggestion, not a diagnosis.

He has 'tweaked' it twice this season. No structural damage, yet gotta wonder about scar tissue given the severity of his injury the first go around.

He definitely favors it.

I feel he has a chance to be special, yet when he can barely cut, pivot, or launch of his repaired knee, it will hold him back.

I hope he receives the best treatment and advice this off-season. Based on previous issues, and what I've seen day to day, it needs more than just rest -- a minor clean up but still...a guy his size and style needs both knees to be healthy.

Comment

• bballbeachbum
                              Zag for Life
                              • Dec 2008

such a pleasure to read all of these posts this morning, very happy for Josh

Comment

• zagcheer78
                                Kennel Club
                                • Feb 2007

Gotta love what Josh does!

Comment

Working...
                                X