Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Brandon Williams Decommits From Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by sharpzag View Post
    Also, inside the kennel says: "Man....@JoshGershon dropping some VERY interesting news on the premium board ($$)- "

If you go to their board, you see the top post is by Josh Gershon and titled "Brandon Williams Update".

I think he is coming. Only thing we really need to add for next year is another PG to take some pressure off Perkins. Top 3 team next year. Best in the MWC. Best on the west coast.
    I have my hopes up now! Hopefully if he doesn't just sign he comes up and visits campus. I know it's better to have him at a game, but a practice getting ready for March Madness would be great!

Also, inside the kennel says: "Man....@JoshGershon dropping some VERY interesting news on the premium board ($$)- "

If you go to their board, you see the top post is by Josh Gershon and titled "Brandon Williams Update".

I think he is coming. Only thing we really need to add for next year is another PG to take some pressure off Perkins. Top 3 team next year. Best in the MWC. Best on the west coast.
    The year after next is the year to keep an eye on.
    The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Quote Originally Posted by BobZag View Post
    The year after next is the year to keep an eye on.
    You say that every 2 years. Forza Juve.

Williams is a 6-2 point guard. I have no idea what the roster is going to look like next year, but if he comes to GU, and Tillie and Rui come back, he will likely be the backup PG (and play some at off guard). They'll probably roll out a starting lineup like this:

Perkins - PG
    Norvell - SG
    Hachimura - SF
    Clarke - PF
    Tillie - C

Regardless, they could use Williams like they used Perkins last season. When Perks needs a rest, slide Williams over to the point.

I think we would find a spot for him. As for Brown, it seems Cal is only threat. Surely the others aren’t serious.

Not going to get my hopes up, but if he does visit that makes things interesting.

Does anyone know what the "news" actually is? I know it's on a pay site, but just curious?

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    Does anyone know what the "news" actually is? I know it's on a pay site, but just curious?
    These pay sites don't bring enough value to spend a "few cups of coffee" (as ITK put it) worth of my cash. Whatever it was, it seems it moved the needle...but even a visit isn't enough for me to think we have gained an edge. I don't know what the kid is thinking, so I manage my expectations accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach Crazy View Post
    These pay sites don't bring enough value to spend a "few cups of coffee" (as ITK put it) worth of my cash. Whatever it was, it seems it moved the needle...but even a visit isn't enough for me to think we have gained an edge. I don't know what the kid is thinking, so I manage my expectations accordingly.
    Just a note: Zach, Max and Company work hard for their info and do a great job; please don't share info they have that costs. #Respect
    The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Just a note: Zach, Max and Company work hard for their info and do a great job; please don't share info they have that costs. #Respect
    Fair enough, I wasn't asking for all the details, just wondering if it was a visit or what. Sorry if I stepped on toes.

I don't know what the kid is thinking either.... but it seems to me that we have an ideal opportunity open for a PG to come in next year. Also, if you are nervous about Arizona type issues... Gonzaga is the perfect landing spot. Couple that with the "and we're moving to the MWC" which will be a higher RPI conference next year than PAC-12, and SOLD.

If the info is out there-- it will make it to our board. I am hoping on a visit also. Get him to Spokane and he will realize the value of joining the Zag family.

Yeah, I don't have any info. I'm just speculating. I am sure they work hard. I am sure they are great people. It's nothing personal. It's just not enough value to spend money, when the news becomes pretty evident soon after they've released it. Also, I disagree with the idea of hoarding evidence because someone else broke it. It is what it is. If your business depends on people not saying something after they've read it, and you don't have a patent on the information, your business model isn't very good.

You're assuming Tillie and Rui return-- i would say both are about 50/50 at this point as their stocks are rising super fast

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    I think we would find a spot for him. As for Brown, it seems Cal is only threat. Surely the others aren’t serious.
    I do not have much hope for Brown based on info you can find on recruiting pay sites. He apparently wants to go to a school where he can be "the guy." It'll probably come down to Cal or Nevada. Nevada is a much, much better basketball program right now, but Cal is a stone's throw away from home.

The Brandon Williams news is exciting. Yes, there's a possibility that a big man could depart, but right now, there is a clear need for a backup PG for Perkins. Also, there's a starting PG need for the 2019/20 season before Dominick Harris arrives. After that, Few could use Williams and Harris like he used Perkins and Nigel.

What a great day to be a Zags fan.

We look like the hottest team in the country heading into the tournament.

We may join a conference that would involve solid competition game in and game out, and may allow us to obtain more money to invest deeper into our program.

We have some great players that are likely to return next year, and continue our tradition of great transfers (anyone have an update on how Brandon Clarke is progressing this year?)

We have talented winners that continue to commit to our program. Super pumped about Filip, Anton, Brock and Dominick coming here in the coming years.

Now we have the hope of landing a late 2018 stud like Brandon Williams. I can't help but get excited about the future lineups while enjoying this year's March run.

2019 rotation if Brandon joined:

Guards - Perkins (30), Norvell (30), Williams (25), Kispert (20), Rui (15)
    Forwards - Clarke (30), Tillie (30), Rui (10), Larsen (10)

PS - If Tillie left, I wouldn't be shocked at all to see us land either Jordan Brown or whoever the best grad transfer big ends up being.

Long live Gonzaga basketball!

Quote Originally Posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
    You're assuming Tillie and Rui return-- i would say both are about 50/50 at this point as their stocks are rising super fast
    This is not just wishful thinking = I am almost certain that Rui is coming back. You never hear Few talk about his players NEEDING to come back. He told the ESPN guys at the WCC tourney that Rui needs to come back. That he's not close to being ready. Too raw. I think Few is trying to get everyone to calm down and to lessen the pressure and hype surrounding Rui. He doesn't need it. Also, there is still a language problem with him. His English is still not there yet.

Tillie is more of a question mark. Especially if he keeps playing in the NCAA tourney like he played in Vegas. You know, the NCAA tourney is what really caused Zach Collins' stock to blow up. If he had sucked during the NCAA tourney, he would probably be at Gonzaga right now.

If GU loses a big man, They'll probably be a top destination for a graduate transfer.

If we believe Trailblazer GM ...said mind was made up to go for Zach when he watched Portland vs Zags in conference play

Quote Originally Posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
    this.

long shot both come back, especially with Tillie showing the world he is a prototypical NBA stretch bouncy PF. Add 10lbs of lean muscle to his body, and he's a Lottery pick.

Rui and Tillie will make several Top-25 prospects look silly at the Combine this off-season. Given their skill/athleticism, along with Gonzaga coaching and development, they are oozing with potential.

Rui needs to come back, Tillie does not.

In a perfect world, they'd both return to a Top-5 type team next season.

Gonzaga could have back-to-back seasons with multiple early entrants in the Draft. I believe only Duke & Kentucky can claim the same in recent seasons.

Would be tough to sustain, that's for certain.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagceo View Post
    If we believe Trailblazer GM ...said mind was made up to go for Zach when he watched Portland vs Zags in conference play
    He might have gone anyway, but the tournament caused his stock to rise. Being the best, most talented guy playing at the final four with 78,000 in the stands made Zach into a household name.

https://247sports.com/Article/Brando...-PG-115938866/

“I know I definitely want to visit Gonzaga,” he said. “They’ve been there from day one, them and Arizona. I was raised to be loyal and they’ve been up there from beginning.

That is some great news! Would be great to get him on campus -- that is half the battle.

Quote Originally Posted by harryzag View Post
    https://247sports.com/Article/Brando...-PG-115938866/

“I know I definitely want to visit Gonzaga,” he said. “They’ve been there from day one, them and Arizona. I was raised to be loyal and they’ve been up there from beginning.
    The opportunity is there for our coaching staff. More importantly, its there for Brandon Williams. Does he want to be part of a winning program where his game will flourish and so will he?

Quote Originally Posted by CDC84 View Post
    I do not have much hope for Brown based on info you can find on recruiting pay sites. He apparently wants to go to a school where he can be "the guy." It'll probably come down to Cal or Nevada. Nevada is a much, much better basketball program right now, but Cal is a stone's throw away from home.

The Brandon Williams news is exciting. Yes, there's a possibility that a big man could depart, but right now, there is a clear need for a backup PG for Perkins. Also, there's a starting PG need for the 2019/20 season before Dominick Harris arrives. After that, Few could use Williams and Harris like he used Perkins and Nigel.
    Ayayi and Wade? Also, I don't think both Tillie and Rui come back, I hope they do, but I think it's more likely one will leave, hopefully not both though.

Any word on this kid's character? I'd be curious to hear what the players thought about him if/when he visits....I thought I read in Tales From the Hardwood or Gloryhounds that Few takes current player opinions into consideration when officially offering a kid?