Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 271

Thread: Brandon Williams Decommits From Arizona

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Spokane Valley
    Posts
    9,022

    Default Brandon Williams Decommits From Arizona

    Sam Vecenie

    Verified account

    @Sam_Vecenie
    4m4 minutes ago
    More Sam Vecenie Retweeted Brandon Williams
    Four-star guard Brandon Williams has decommitted from Arizona to reopen things.

    Zero current Arizona recruits in the 2018 class after they had potential to have one of the best classes in school history.

    Brandon Williams


    @TheeBWill
    Follow Follow @TheeBWill
    More
    DECISION MADE

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    11,777

    Default

    If he wants to come here and we have a scholarship, I say we take him. Steps right in for Silas!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Spokane Valley
    Posts
    9,022

    Default

    Some here will sat he is too short -- but he has the skill set.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aUAKIYdWWg

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    369

    Default

    Adding a guy like Williams to what GU already has would put them pre-season top 10 easily.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Alexandria, Virginia
    Posts
    1,236

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SwainZag View Post
    Adding a guy like Williams to what GU already has would put them pre-season top 10 easily.
    And possibly add in Brown, it would an incredibly talented team next year.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,947

    Default

    We were in his final two if I remember right and he never visited. Sounds similar to Cherry. Do we really have much of a shot here or is one of the Blue Bloods about ready to swoop in and pick him up? Not trying to pesimistic but this one will be a long shot.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    11,777

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JAGzag View Post
    And possibly add in Brown, it would an incredibly talented team next year.

    Only one open scholarship according to this boards scholarship chart. Of course, Jeremy Jones may be asked to go back to walk on status? He would also be a grad transfer candidate.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Spokane Valley
    Posts
    9,022

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,947

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    We were in his final two if I remember right and he never visited. Sounds similar to Cherry. Do we really have much of a shot here or is one of the Blue Bloods about ready to swoop in and pick him up? Not trying to pesimistic but this one will be a long shot.
    Oh and I hope I am wrong, would love to have him!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    11,777

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    We were in his final two if I remember right and he never visited. Sounds similar to Cherry. Do we really have much of a shot here or is one of the Blue Bloods about ready to swoop in and pick him up? Not trying to pesimistic but this one will be a long shot.
    Logically, I don't agree with you. Gonzaga would be perfect for Brandon Williams.

    Realistically, you're probably right.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Spokane Valley
    Posts
    9,022

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    11,777

    Default


    Classic photo choice in that article.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Spokane Valley
    Posts
    9,022

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,947

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by former1dog View Post
    Logically, I don't agree with you. Gonzaga would be perfect for Brandon Williams.

    Realistically, you're probably right.
    Like I said I hope I am wrong and I know they are completely different players/people, just seems like Kansas or Kentucky or Puke will swoop in anytime and he will be gone. I really would like him to be a Zag, great skill set!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    South Hill
    Posts
    831

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    We were in his final two if I remember right and he never visited. Sounds similar to Cherry. Do we really have much of a shot here or is one of the Blue Bloods about ready to swoop in and pick him up? Not trying to pesimistic but this one will be a long shot.
    Several Blue Bloods are also under investigation in the same scandal. If he is looking to get away from misconduct, GU is a great choice. 1 in 5 could be considered a long shot.

    With that said, he just may of been presented with an opportunity to leave gracefully and he took it. Most usually have another school in mind when they de-commit.
    Ihre Papiere bitte

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    11,777

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    Like I said I hope I am wrong and I know they are completely different players/people, just seems like Kansas or Kentucky or Puke will swoop in anytime and he will be gone. I really would like him to be a Zag, great skill set!
    Other than Arizona, Kansas seems like the most formidable team that recruited him other than us, but they have 2 other top guards in his class coming in and some guys already on the roster.

    I think he has a starting spot on Gonzaga if he commits. JMO on that.

    I think he would replace Silas in the starting line up, that would look something like this:

    Perkins
    Williams
    Norvell/Kispert/Hachimura
    Tillie/Hachimura
    Clarke

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Spokane Valley
    Posts
    9,022

    Default

    Kansas has the #24 point guard in the 2018 class
    Kentucky has the #17 point guard in the 2018 class
    Duke has the #12 point guard in the 2018 class
    Another school that was after him below
    USC has the #36 point guard in the 2018 class

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    11,777

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    Kansas has the #24 point guard in the 2018 class
    Kentucky has the #17 point guard in the 2018 class
    Duke has the #12 point guard in the 2018 class
    Another school that was after him below
    USC has the #36 point guard in the 2018 class
    He's listed as a PG some places and a CG others.

    The video that you posted of his 52 point game looked like he was playing SG for his high school team. Not that it matters, Few will play multiple PG's at once

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,947

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by former1dog View Post
    Other than Arizona, Kansas seems like the most formidable team that recruited him other than us, but they have 2 other top guards in his class coming in and some guys already on the roster.

    I think he has a starting spot on Gonzaga if he commits. JMO on that.

    I think he would replace Silas in the starting line up, that would look something like this:

    Perkins
    Williams
    Norvell/Kispert/Hachimura
    Tillie/Hachimura
    Clarke
    That line up sounds like a National Title contender. You bring up some very valid points about Kansas and others. Let's keep our fingers crossed that he ends up here.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,947

    Default

    I hate reading this and hope it doesn't happen, but...

    https://247sports.com/college/gonzag...tion-115756868


    Also, I was just playing around with the 247 Class Calculator and if he was to commit to the Zags we would move up to number 24. Pretty big recruit here!

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    11,777

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    I hate reading this and hope it doesn't happen, but...

    https://247sports.com/college/gonzag...tion-115756868


    Also, I was just playing around with the 247 Class Calculator and if he was to commit to the Zags we would move up to number 24. Pretty big recruit here!
    Article is 100% speculative.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,947

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by former1dog View Post
    Article is 100% speculative.
    Oh yeah I know, just saw it and I HATE the Ducks, so I just wanted to share it.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    11,777

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    Oh yeah I know, just saw it and I HATE the Ducks, so I just wanted to share it.
    Might be a good thing if Gonzaga is going to recruit Williams again. Both teams in the Final Four Last Year. Aftermath?

    Gonzaga Top 10 team again
    Oregon - NIT (Not in the Tournament)

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,947

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by former1dog View Post
    Might be a good thing if Gonzaga is going to recruit Williams again. Both teams in the Final Four Last Year. Aftermath?

    Gonzaga Top 10 team again
    Oregon - NIT (Not in the Tournament)
    Very true. It shows our sustained success and they have struggled and had some issues off the court as well.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,264

    Default

    Hope we try again to get him to Spokane.
    PG is our #1 need. Not a knock on Perkins, he is here at most 1 more year and they would be a great backcourt tandem.
    I know people are high on Ayayi based on practice reports, but I'd like to bring in more of a proven commodity in Williams.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •