Thread: BYU Post Game Media

Default BYU Post Game Media

This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

Here's a link to the Spokesman-Review article:

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/201...aga-vs-byu/#/0
    “When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”

~ Desiderius Erasmus

The best thing about that S-R story, IMHO, was this great AP pic of our guy Silas:

Gonzaga guard Silas Melson (0) reacts after dunking the ball while BYU guard Jahshire Hardnett (0) looks on in the first half of an NCAA college basketball game Saturday, Feb. 24, 2018, in Provo, Utah. (Rick Bowmer / Associated Press)

The GUB Resource Library: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

Respect the Game. Respect the Zags. Respect each other.

Silas is frequently an unsung hero. A great Zag!

Quote Originally Posted by katman50 View Post
    So true so true
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

That is a great shot, Native. Silas was fired up from the opening tip tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    Loved the comment "They can't dish it out, but they can take it"!
    It's not funny.

Love the quote from the Salt Lake Tribune article...

"So the Cougars finished with the most league losses, seven, in their seven seasons in the WCC. They lost four games to Gonzaga and runner-up Saint Mary’s by a combined 45 points, but Bryant said “we are just as good as them” when asked what the difference is between BYU and the Zags and Gaels.

Saturday, they had a strange way of showing that."

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    Isn’t that cute how Elijah Bryant thinks BYU is just as good as Gonzaga and SMC. Bahaha

Off topic, but a link on one of those pages shows that Collinsworth is in the NBA now. He was a BYU player that I respected and who's game I appreciated a great deal.

https://www.sltrib.com/sports/jazz/2...las-mavericks/

Quote Originally Posted by Zag_Dad View Post
    Isn’t that cute how Elijah Bryant thinks BYU is just as good as Gonzaga and SMC. Bahaha
    Guess we can figure out a few academic disciplines which he has not yet availed himself of.

Here is a link to John Blanchette's column:

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/201...tart-the-s/#/0
    “When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”

~ Desiderius Erasmus

Jim Meehan's column, with links to audio interviews of Coach Few and Zag players: http://www.spokesman.com/stories/201...-outright-/#/0

Quote Originally Posted by Zag_Dad View Post
    So the Cougars finished with the most league losses, seven, in their seven seasons in the WCC. They lost four games to Gonzaga and runner-up Saint Mary’s by a combined 45 points, but Bryant said “we are just as good as them” when asked what the difference is between BYU and the Zags and Gaels.

So the Cougars finished with the most league losses, seven, in their seven seasons in the WCC. They lost four games to Gonzaga and runner-up Saint Mary’s by a combined 45 points, but Bryant said “we are just as good as them” when asked what the difference is between BYU and the Zags and Gaels.
    You want to know why so many people dislike BYU.....whether it's fair or not.......

It's because of arrogant statements like this. Even if he really believes that BYU is just as good as the top dogs, you just don't say that kind of thing to the media after getting your butt whipped in front of 20,000+ of your own fans.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagNative View Post
    The best thing about that S-R story, IMHO, was this great AP pic of our guy Silas:

That’s Silas shining after Perks’ steal and pass to Melson for the alley-oop dunk! A highlight for the ages; Heister’s production guys gotta make that highlight part of the opening reel for every Mark Frw Show. Two legendary Zags.
    It is their time....their team...I just get to watch. - Bartruff1

I lost my mind on that oop to Melson. He has tremendous hops it was great to see him get to feast on that fast break

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach Few
    We are not here as a #%$&%&! Courtesy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by katman50 View Post
    My favorite Zag. Doesn't complain, tough as nails, and has given up a lot to become a great team player. Will be missed.

Quote Originally Posted by CDC84 View Post
    You want to know why so many people dislike BYU.....whether it's fair or not.......

It's because of arrogant statements like this. Even if he really believes that BYU is just as good as the top dogs, you just don't say that kind of thing to the media after getting your butt whipped in front of 20,000+ of your own fans.
    it is 100% fair and there are MUCH better reasons than this.

Quote Originally Posted by Zags_Fanatic View Post
    it is 100% fair and there are MUCH better reasons than this.
    LOL, as most everybody knows, my ire for BYU is always at the end of the meter. I'll never forget this game, I was there and saw the whole damn thing, and what precipitated Kent's (Lockhart #25) rage. Later, Don Haskins quipped that he almost received a shot to the jaw, Kent was really out of control.

Our PG, Luster Goodwin (#10) just had braces put in his mouth. Off camera, a BYU player gave him a cheap shot elbow to the mouth after those free throws. Refs didn't see it, but Kent saw it and just went crazy. Our seats were in the 18th row, and most of us behind the basket saw it, too.

The guy who pulled Kent out of there, Juden Smith (#21) was a real bad ass too. Tough nosed player, had the quickest first step I'd ever seen before he injured his knee.