• Show
Clear All
  • Reborn
    Zag for Life
    • Oct 2007

Post game analysis Gonzaga vs LMU

Gonzaga 76
    LMU 46

Good game. Poor 3 point shooting (27%) again. LMU had two previous starters who didn't play; so it really wasn't much of a game. Hachimura looked pretty bad. I hope he doesn't start playing like Tillie. Rui missed like 3 layups. He was 2-8 shooting. 6-8 from foul line. Williams gets another double-double. Let's get ready for Saturday.

Go Zags!!!
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!
  • ZagNative
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

That was a boring-ass game .... or else I'm losing gray cells too fast to be able to pay attention. Thank goodness for FreeCell ...

Comment

• GU69
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by ZagNative View Post
      That was a boring-ass game .... or else I'm losing gray cells too fast to be able to pay attention.
      Unfortunately, I think that the players found it boring too. Not sure that this kind of game is helpful.

Comment

• Markburn1
        Zag for Life
        • Oct 2015

That was a boring-ass game .... or else I'm losing gray cells too fast to be able to pay attention. Thank goodness for FreeCell ...

I honestly don't understand this type of comment. Every game, blowout or not, is interesting if you watch for certain things that each player shows that particular night. Watch closely and you can see what the coaches are emphasizing. Watch a player like Kispert to see if his body language is showing confidence. Watch Melson show some senioritis by shooting every time he touched the ball in the first half. Few sat him down for a minute and he reverted back to his strengths. Watch Norvell tonight and you see his attention to detail on defense that has improved leaps and bounds. Watch Perkins long range shooting and realize it's his footwork that needs work. Get back in the gym, Perk!!! Watch the Big Dane and see he has a good grasp of the offense, but he is focusing on the mechanics of the offense instead of just reacting and playing basketball. I could go on and on but you get my point?

Comment

• caduceus
          Zag for Life
          • Mar 2007

Haha, I do that too (FreeCell), though it's usually when we're losing and I have to pause the game.

On topic, that blowout raised the Zags' defensive rating from #22 to #15 on KenPom. The Zags join only Michigan State and Purdue having both a top 15 offense (#13) AND defense (#15).

Comment

• ZagNative
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

ZN is just not very smart ... It's a shame ...

Comment

• Birddog
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

Sorry to say that I watched a portion of the 2nd half through closed eyelids, of course i am in another time zone.
              Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
              Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
              All mimsy were the borogoves,
              And the mome raths outgrabe.

Comment

• kitzbuel
                • Feb 2007

Mmnnn...what? Who won?

Yeah, last I remember LMU was struggling to break double digits, then there is beach volleyball on.
                'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
                - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Comment

• LouisianaZag
                  Kennel Club Material
                  • Oct 2015

Originally posted by Markburn1 View Post
                  I honestly don't understand this type of comment. Every game, blowout or not, is interesting if you watch for certain things that each player shows that particular night. Watch closely and you can see what the coaches are emphasizing. Watch a player like Kispert to see if his body language is showing confidence. Watch Melson show some senioritis by shooting every time he touched the ball in the first half. Few sat him down for a minute and he reverted back to his strengths. Watch Norvell tonight and you see his attention to detail on defense that has improved leaps and bounds. Watch Perkins long range shooting and realize it's his footwork that needs work. Get back in the gym, Perk!!! Watch the Big Dane and see he has a good grasp of the offense, but he is focusing on the mechanics of the offense instead of just reacting and playing basketball. I could go on and on but you get my point?
                  You sound like a coach. Definitely look for things on a personal level in games like this

Comment

• Zagsker
                    Zag for Life
                    • Dec 2008

I honestly don't understand this type of comment...
                    Oh it's easy...watching a team play against a completely outmatched teams is boring
                    I am working on being a more all around square.

Comment

• Fonebone
                      Kennel Club
                      • Feb 2007

Post game analysis Gonzaga vs LMU

Thanks. That’s how I see it. Especially at a game live- every moment is filled with interesting detail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• All Weather Fan
                        Professional Zag Fan
                        • Mar 2015

Boring or not, methinks you hafta play the games on your schedule. Just saying......

Comment

• TexasZagFan
                          Zag for Life
                          • Feb 2007

I was glad to see Jacob and Jesse get some PT. I loved the team's reaction to Jacob's dunk!

Comment

• TexasZagFan
                            Zag for Life
                            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by All Weather Fan View Post
                            Boring or not, methinks you hafta play the games on your schedule. Just saying......
                            I think Randy Bennett would agree with that assessment.

Comment

Working...
                            X