Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Yahoo article on FBI probe

Quote Originally Posted by U Zig, I Zag View Post
    I always assumed that Miller's sweating issue was just being super hyped for the games - but it turns out it was because he kept spotting guys in black suits and dark shades sitting in the stands.
    I didn't know that Jake & Elwood dug college basketball.

Sorry

Quote Originally Posted by U Zig, I Zag View Post
    I always assumed that Miller's sweating issue was just being super hyped for the games - but it turns out it was because he kept spotting guys in black suits and dark shades sitting in the stands.
    But we don't play nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by 509er View Post
    I highly doubt duke but you never know. When the way to a title became the one and done they shifted gears and went after Calpari type targets. If they were offering $$ I don’t see duke winning those battles without playing the same game.

Nothing will suprise me on this one. MSU, Kansas, NC....
    I was listening to John Feinstein on the radio this morning and he was talking about this topic. He recollected a statement from Mike Krzyzewski several years ago when he was talking about the St John's investigation under Mike Jarvis. K said 'no school could stand the scrutiny that Jarvis was under, not even Duke.' The context was of course sympathetic towards Jarvis, but Feinstein said it really makes him think about the ramifications.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Wow kitzbuel he could possibly be involved. I mean he has 4 of the top 10 recruits in the class of 2018. I just wonder if he really has to because of his name or if he started to because of coach cal getting the best recruiting classes.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    Either way, Damon Stoudemire is getting nervous.
    I snorted soda out of my nose. LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by seacatfan View Post
    Except Duke. Duke never cheats. Or at least when they do the NCAA whitewashes it.
    Completely agree about Duke.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    Either way, Damon Stoudemire is getting nervous.
    Yep, Pacific’s gonna get taken to the wood shed for sure on this one. Post of the year, Tex!
    It's peanut butter jelly time!

I really have my fingers crossed that we aren't implicated in this.

Quote Originally Posted by Once and Future Zag View Post
    Virginia
    Cincinnati
    Michigan St.
    Tennessee
    Villanova
    Duke
    Texas Tech
    Ohio State
    Xavier
    Auburn
    Clemson
    Oklahoma
    Purdue
    Kansas
    North Carolina
    Arizona

Which 6 or 7 are they?
    My guesses
    History has its eyes on you.

Sage of the GU Message Board

How hilarious is it that Brad Augustine will get off because he stole the money he was supposed to pass on to recruits, therefore never providing them improper benefits.

Sources close to the investigation told ESPN that Augustine's charges were dismissed because evidence showed that he never gave the money he received from the defendants to a high school player they wanted to sign with Miami. Instead, Augustine kept the money for himself.
    http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...orruption-case

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

The sad part to me (apart from the obviously sad part about coaches cheating to get the best players), is that most of the pundits believe that, even though the information could be made available now, it won't become public until after this years tournament, and maybe even later, almost ensuring that there will be vacated wins for those teams/coaches and lost opportunity for the teams that have played fair.

Of course I would rather see the Zags National Championship won before the loser gets their position vacated!
    I'm laughing. Why aren't you?

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    The sad part to me (apart from the obviously sad part about coaches cheating to get the best players), is that most of the pundits believe that, even though the information could be made available now, it won't become public until after this years tournament, and maybe even later, almost ensuring that there will be vacated wins for those teams/coaches and lost opportunity for the teams that have played fair.

Of course I would rather see the Zags National Championship won before the loser gets their position vacated!
    i actually just commented on this point in another thread, but so might the committee... doubt it tho.

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post

Some of it is apparently leaking. Pat Forde and Pete Thamel are following at Yahoo:

https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-spr...001618078.html

“There are spreadsheets detailing who got paid, how much they got paid and how much more they were planning to pay,” said a source familiar with the investigation. “The feds got everything they wanted and much more. Don’t think it will only be players who ended up signing with ASM that got paid. Those spreadsheets cast a wide net throughout college basketball. If your school produced a first-round pick in the past three years, be worried.”
    The possibility of Miller serving as a cooperating witness for the government would reverberate through college sports, as he held strong relationships with a number of prominent coaches on the college and AAU levels, and recruited dozens of players as clients over the years. (Miller did not return a call seeking comment.)

“If you think Andy Miller is protecting anyone, you’ve got another thing coming,” said a third source familiar with the investigation. “It isn’t about anyone but him.”
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Quote Originally Posted by kitzbuel View Post
    Some of it is apparently leaking. Pat Forde and Pete Thamel are following at Yahoo:

https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-spr...001618078.html
    So far so good from the Zags perspective - there doesn't appear to be anything in this article about the Zags or in another this morning at ESPN:

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...ken-ncaa-rules

I get to work, im late, gridlock traffic in downtown louisville because of the Ohio River flooding. These louisville fans seeing an opportunity to get back at me for rubbing in their lost banners decide to tell me that Zach Collins got named. My whole face turned white and i got dizzy. I sit down and then spend the next 2 hours trying to find this supposed link to Zach Collins. Not a single shred of evidence. I got punk'd.

Wichita state named in the new leak as well as Kentucky, Duke, UNC, Michigan State, Texas, and Washington.

Quote Originally Posted by thebigsmoove View Post
    I get to work, im late, gridlock traffic in downtown louisville because of the Ohio River flooding. These louisville fans seeing an opportunity to get back at me for rubbing in their lost banners decide to tell me that Zach Collins got named. My whole face turned white and i got dizzy. I sit down and then spend the next 2 hours trying to find this supposed link to Zach Collins. Not a single shred of evidence. I got punk'd.
    There was a comment from an obviously delusional poster that Olynyk “got something.” Lolol, Kelly didn’t become a star unto he spent his redshirt year working with Travis Knight.

Yeah i really feel like we are above reproach on all of this.

Just saw this on my work computer. Wow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man I am crossing my fingers that Few & the Zags program have their noses clean in this...it would be pretty crushing if they were a part of this mess. One of the biggest things that I respected about the program was how they appeared to do everything the right way. I have enough disappointment already with our institutions.

What I think is shady in and of itself is that the NCAA seems surprised about the whole thing.

Zag Shop (Thrift Shop Parody)

Gonzaga sind die besten! Gehe Zags!

Greg McElroy and Taylor Zarzour had Seth Greenberg and Dan Dakich on this morning and they said it's going to immediately effect this year's tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    Greg McElroy and Taylor Zarzour had Seth Greenberg and Dan Dakich on this morning and they said it's going to immediately effect this year's tournament.
    Didn’t hear it. Did they elaborate as to how it would affect this year?

Quote Originally Posted by ZagsObserver View Post
    Didn’t hear it. Did they elaborate as to how it would affect this year?
    Well, miles bridges will most likely be an ineligible for the rest of the year, for one. And probably Wendell Carter too. I think I am more surprised that Arizona has not been named.

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    Well, miles bridges will most likely be an ineligible for the rest of the year, for one. And probably Wendell Carter too. I think I am more surprised that Arizona has not been named.
    Wasn't Arizona already fingered in the initial reporting?