Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 128

Thread: Yahoo article on FBI probe

  1. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Posts
    10,623

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by U Zig, I Zag View Post
    I always assumed that Miller's sweating issue was just being super hyped for the games - but it turns out it was because he kept spotting guys in black suits and dark shades sitting in the stands.
    I didn't know that Jake & Elwood dug college basketball.

    Sorry

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Colville, Wa.
    Posts
    15,304

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by U Zig, I Zag View Post
    I always assumed that Miller's sweating issue was just being super hyped for the games - but it turns out it was because he kept spotting guys in black suits and dark shades sitting in the stands.
    But we don't play nobody.

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    16,929

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 509er View Post
    I highly doubt duke but you never know. When the way to a title became the one and done they shifted gears and went after Calpari type targets. If they were offering $$ I don’t see duke winning those battles without playing the same game.

    Nothing will suprise me on this one. MSU, Kansas, NC....
    I was listening to John Feinstein on the radio this morning and he was talking about this topic. He recollected a statement from Mike Krzyzewski several years ago when he was talking about the St John's investigation under Mike Jarvis. K said 'no school could stand the scrutiny that Jarvis was under, not even Duke.' The context was of course sympathetic towards Jarvis, but Feinstein said it really makes him think about the ramifications.



    Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

    ________________________________



    Foo Time

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    36

    Default

    Wow kitzbuel he could possibly be involved. I mean he has 4 of the top 10 recruits in the class of 2018. I just wonder if he really has to because of his name or if he started to because of coach cal getting the best recruiting classes.

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Logan Neighborhood, represent!
    Posts
    1,578

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    Either way, Damon Stoudemire is getting nervous.
    I snorted soda out of my nose. LMAO

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    935

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by seacatfan View Post
    Except Duke. Duke never cheats. Or at least when they do the NCAA whitewashes it.
    Completely agree about Duke.

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Spo Vegas
    Posts
    2,409

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    Either way, Damon Stoudemire is getting nervous.
    Yep, Pacific’s gonna get taken to the wood shed for sure on this one. Post of the year, Tex!
    It's peanut butter jelly time!

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,845

    Default

    I really have my fingers crossed that we aren't implicated in this.

  9. #34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Once and Future Zag View Post
    Virginia
    Cincinnati
    Michigan St.
    Tennessee
    Villanova
    Duke
    Texas Tech
    Ohio State
    Xavier
    Auburn
    Clemson
    Oklahoma
    Purdue
    Kansas
    North Carolina
    Arizona

    Which 6 or 7 are they?
    My guesses
    History has its eyes on you.

    Sage of the GU Message Board

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    16,929

    Default

    How hilarious is it that Brad Augustine will get off because he stole the money he was supposed to pass on to recruits, therefore never providing them improper benefits.

    Sources close to the investigation told ESPN that Augustine's charges were dismissed because evidence showed that he never gave the money he received from the defendants to a high school player they wanted to sign with Miami. Instead, Augustine kept the money for himself.
    http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...orruption-case

    Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

    ________________________________



    Foo Time

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    8,566

    Default

    The sad part to me (apart from the obviously sad part about coaches cheating to get the best players), is that most of the pundits believe that, even though the information could be made available now, it won't become public until after this years tournament, and maybe even later, almost ensuring that there will be vacated wins for those teams/coaches and lost opportunity for the teams that have played fair.

    Of course I would rather see the Zags National Championship won before the loser gets their position vacated!
    I'm laughing. Why aren't you?

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    san diego
    Posts
    1,168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    The sad part to me (apart from the obviously sad part about coaches cheating to get the best players), is that most of the pundits believe that, even though the information could be made available now, it won't become public until after this years tournament, and maybe even later, almost ensuring that there will be vacated wins for those teams/coaches and lost opportunity for the teams that have played fair.

    Of course I would rather see the Zags National Championship won before the loser gets their position vacated!
    i actually just commented on this point in another thread, but so might the committee... doubt it tho.

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    16,929

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    The sad part to me (apart from the obviously sad part about coaches cheating to get the best players), is that most of the pundits believe that, even though the information could be made available now, it won't become public until after this years tournament, and maybe even later, almost ensuring that there will be vacated wins for those teams/coaches and lost opportunity for the teams that have played fair.

    Of course I would rather see the Zags National Championship won before the loser gets their position vacated!
    Some of it is apparently leaking. Pat Forde and Pete Thamel are following at Yahoo:

    https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-spr...001618078.html


    “There are spreadsheets detailing who got paid, how much they got paid and how much more they were planning to pay,” said a source familiar with the investigation. “The feds got everything they wanted and much more. Don’t think it will only be players who ended up signing with ASM that got paid. Those spreadsheets cast a wide net throughout college basketball. If your school produced a first-round pick in the past three years, be worried.”
    The possibility of Miller serving as a cooperating witness for the government would reverberate through college sports, as he held strong relationships with a number of prominent coaches on the college and AAU levels, and recruited dozens of players as clients over the years. (Miller did not return a call seeking comment.)

    “If you think Andy Miller is protecting anyone, you’ve got another thing coming,” said a third source familiar with the investigation. “It isn’t about anyone but him.”
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

    ________________________________



    Foo Time

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,791

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kitzbuel View Post
    Some of it is apparently leaking. Pat Forde and Pete Thamel are following at Yahoo:

    https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-spr...001618078.html
    So far so good from the Zags perspective - there doesn't appear to be anything in this article about the Zags or in another this morning at ESPN:

    http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...ken-ncaa-rules

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,197

    Default

    I get to work, im late, gridlock traffic in downtown louisville because of the Ohio River flooding. These louisville fans seeing an opportunity to get back at me for rubbing in their lost banners decide to tell me that Zach Collins got named. My whole face turned white and i got dizzy. I sit down and then spend the next 2 hours trying to find this supposed link to Zach Collins. Not a single shred of evidence. I got punk'd.

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    36

    Default

    Wichita state named in the new leak as well as Kentucky, Duke, UNC, Michigan State, Texas, and Washington.

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Posts
    10,623

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thebigsmoove View Post
    I get to work, im late, gridlock traffic in downtown louisville because of the Ohio River flooding. These louisville fans seeing an opportunity to get back at me for rubbing in their lost banners decide to tell me that Zach Collins got named. My whole face turned white and i got dizzy. I sit down and then spend the next 2 hours trying to find this supposed link to Zach Collins. Not a single shred of evidence. I got punk'd.
    There was a comment from an obviously delusional poster that Olynyk “got something.” Lolol, Kelly didn’t become a star unto he spent his redshirt year working with Travis Knight.

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,197

    Default

    Yeah i really feel like we are above reproach on all of this.

  19. #44

    Default

    Just saw this on my work computer. Wow.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,791

    Default

    Man I am crossing my fingers that Few & the Zags program have their noses clean in this...it would be pretty crushing if they were a part of this mess. One of the biggest things that I respected about the program was how they appeared to do everything the right way. I have enough disappointment already with our institutions.

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    4,172

    Default

    What I think is shady in and of itself is that the NCAA seems surprised about the whole thing.
    _____________________________________________

    Zag Shop (Thrift Shop Parody)

    Gonzaga sind die besten! Gehe Zags!

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    9,438

    Default

    Greg McElroy and Taylor Zarzour had Seth Greenberg and Dan Dakich on this morning and they said it's going to immediately effect this year's tournament.

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,616

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    Greg McElroy and Taylor Zarzour had Seth Greenberg and Dan Dakich on this morning and they said it's going to immediately effect this year's tournament.
    Didn’t hear it. Did they elaborate as to how it would affect this year?

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    9,438

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZagsObserver View Post
    Didn’t hear it. Did they elaborate as to how it would affect this year?
    Well, miles bridges will most likely be an ineligible for the rest of the year, for one. And probably Wendell Carter too. I think I am more surprised that Arizona has not been named.

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,791

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    Well, miles bridges will most likely be an ineligible for the rest of the year, for one. And probably Wendell Carter too. I think I am more surprised that Arizona has not been named.
    Wasn't Arizona already fingered in the initial reporting?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •