Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Yahoo article on FBI probe

Default Yahoo article on FBI probe

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.yah...224417174.html

I was also driving home from class and Jeff Goodman was talking about how it’s not the mid majors involved but the schools already at the top.

Default Mike Roth confident following rules

Quote Originally Posted by Sandpointzagsfan View Post
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.yah...224417174.html

I was also driving home from class and Jeff Goodman was talking about how it’s not the mid majors involved but the schools already at the top.
    Wow that was a deep article. Crazy to think how many programs could actually be involved in this!

Ya I’m not worried about the zags. Just love how the big schools have to cheat and The zags can still beat them.

The idea that some programs, already noted teams like Louisville or Arizona or USC, pay for 5 star kids while all the other programs that get these kids don’t, is absurd. OF course they are. You think Calipari lands 100 5 star kids in his career and didn’t pay for a single one?? It’ll all come out eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by btzag View Post
    The idea that some programs, already noted teams like Louisville or Arizona or USC, pay for 5 star kids while all the other programs that get these kids don’t, is absurd. OF course they are. You think Calipari lands 100 5 star kids in his career and didn’t pay for a single one?? It’ll all come out eventually.
    Except Duke. Duke never cheats. Or at least when they do the NCAA whitewashes it.

Quote Originally Posted by seacatfan View Post
    Except Duke. Duke never cheats. Or at least when they do the NCAA whitewashes it.
    Do you mean UNC?

Quote Originally Posted by NEC26 View Post
    Do you mean UNC?
    No, I meant Duke.

Quote Originally Posted by seacatfan View Post
    No, I meant Duke.
    Either way, Damon Stoudemire is getting nervous.

“When this all comes out, Hall of Fame coaches should be scared, lottery picks won’t be eligible to play and almost half of the 16 teams the NCAA showed on its initial NCAA tournament show this weekend should worry about their appearance being vacated.”

Virginia
    Cincinnati
    Michigan St.
    Tennessee
    Villanova
    Duke
    Texas Tech
    Ohio State
    Xavier
    Auburn
    Clemson
    Oklahoma
    Purdue
    Kansas
    North Carolina
    Arizona

Which 6 or 7 are they?
    History has its eyes on you.

Sage of the GU Message Board

Time to get tough on this stuff, bring the hammer down hard for the good of the game. This is a cancer, not a cold!

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaCoyote View Post
    Time to get tough on this stuff, bring the hammer down hard for the good of the game. This is a cancer, not a cold!
    Agreed. The NCAA's pattern of vacating wins and reducing scholarships has to end. Ban these programs from any competition for a stretch of time. Make them feel some actual pain as a consequence of CHEATING. Imagine the compliance that would suddenly happen!

Quote Originally Posted by Once and Future Zag View Post
    “When this all comes out, Hall of Fame coaches should be scared, lottery picks won’t be eligible to play and almost half of the 16 teams the NCAA showed on its initial NCAA tournament show this weekend should worry about their appearance being vacated.”

Virginia
    Cincinnati
    Michigan St.
    Tennessee
    Villanova
    Duke
    Texas Tech
    Ohio State
    Xavier
    Auburn
    Clemson
    Oklahoma
    Purdue
    Kansas
    North Carolina
    Arizona

Which 6 or 7 are they?
    I bolded those I thought were among the guilty, though it's based on my gut.

I just can't see Duke among the guilty. They have such a built in recruiting advantage it's not funny. Then again, maybe Capel has broken a few rules.

When I'm out and about, I tell people that Gonzaga's campus is so small, it's impossible to cut a class and not be noticed. I speak from personal experience in that regard...lol.

Quite the cliffhanger of a quote concuding that article:

What would happen if the information under protective order were to be released before the NCAA selection show on March 11?

A source who has been briefed on the case laughed: “You might see Tennessee-Chattanooga as a No. 2 seed.”
    He can move 15 ft to the left or right about as fast as my eyes can see it, his name could just as well be Hunter Hustle -ZagsGoZags 11/17/21

I just listened to Taylor Zarzour and Greg McElroy on ESPNU radio driving in this morning and they had Mark Shlabach on. He said this is HUGE and that hall of fame coaches in top 25 teams will be named and stuffs about to get real. The one name that he did say was Miller, so I guess he meant Sean Miller. Trials don't begin until next October, but evidence stuff will happen next month.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    I bolded those I thought were among the guilty, though it's based on my gut.

I just can't see Duke among the guilty. They have such a built in recruiting advantage it's not funny. Then again, maybe Capel has broken a few rules.
    I highly doubt duke but you never know. When the way to a title became the one and done they shifted gears and went after Calpari type targets. If they were offering $$ I don’t see duke winning those battles without playing the same game.

Nothing will suprise me on this one. MSU, Kansas, NC....

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    I just listened to Taylor Zarzour and Greg McElroy on ESPNU radio driving in this morning and they had Mark Shlabach on. He said this is HUGE and that hall of fame coaches in top 25 teams will be named and stuffs about to get real. The one name that he did say was Miller, so I guess he meant Sean Miller. Trials don't begin until next October, but evidence stuff will happen next month.
    "Sitting under protective order right now are the fruits of 330 days of monitoring activity by the feds, which one assistant US Attorney noted Thursday was “a voluminous amount of material.” That includes wiretaps from 4,000 intercepted calls and thousands of documents and bank records obtained from raids and confiscated computers, including those from notorious NBA agent Andy Miller."

Probably this miller, but Sean could be complicit.
    I'm laughing. Why aren't you?

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    "Sitting under protective order right now are the fruits of 330 days of monitoring activity by the feds, which one assistant US Attorney noted Thursday was “a voluminous amount of material.” That includes wiretaps from 4,000 intercepted calls and thousands of documents and bank records obtained from raids and confiscated computers, including those from notorious NBA agent Andy Miller."

Probably this miller, but Sean could be complicit.
    Oh, okay. My bad. Thanks for the clarification.

I'm curious how many coaches will retire citing that they want to spend more time with their families at the end of the season...

Quote Originally Posted by strikenowhere View Post
    I'm curious how many coaches will retire citing that they want to spend more time with their families at the end of the season...
    Retiring won't solve the problem for them. With the NCAA maybe, but not with the FBI.

Zag Shop (Thrift Shop Parody)

Gonzaga sind die besten! Gehe Zags!

Quote Originally Posted by SWZag View Post
    Retiring won't solve the problem for them. With the NCAA maybe, but not with the FBI.
    Oh I agree that it won't solve their problems; it just reminds me of how our congress critters retire when breaking scandals are on the horizon.

I always assumed that Miller's sweating issue was just being super hyped for the games - but it turns out it was because he kept spotting guys in black suits and dark shades sitting in the stands.

Quote Originally Posted by U Zig, I Zag View Post
    I always assumed that Miller's sweating issue was just being super hyped for the games - but it turns out it was because he kept spotting guys in black suits and dark shades sitting in the stands.
    Its not Arizona HC Sean Miller that is referenced above - its NBA agent Andy Miller. Of course Sean's probably still wrapped up in this anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by strikenowhere View Post
    Its not Arizona HC Sean Miller that is referenced above - its NBA agent Andy Miller. Of course Sean's probably still wrapped up in this anyway.
    I see. But yes, Sean is already close to this mess...