Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: OT: Sort of anyway. G-Prep game Friday night

my feed just froze. anyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by 23dpg View Post
    Yes

Zag Shop (Thrift Shop Parody)

Gonzaga sind die besten! Gehe Zags!

“When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”

~ Desiderius Erasmus

What a bummer. I was enjoying the game.

Default OT: Sort of anyway. G-Prep game Friday night

Yes. I’m out of the SWX/KHQ DMA. Wonder if that has anything to do with it. The SWX App wouldn’t play for me for that reason.

I don't think Prep has scored since the feed went out. Richland up 34-33 now.

Quote Originally Posted by sullyzag66 View Post
    Thanks.

Somehow the audio is behind the Livestats. It's like being able to predict the future.

Fun game to watch. Sorn is pretty good. Needs to add bulk and muscle but he is a guy I would love to see at GU.

Final. GP wins 56-53.

Watson 19 pts
    Jones 15 pts
    Lloyd 11 pts
    Parola 5 pts
    Lockett 4 pts
    Culp 2 pts

Sorn had 19 pts also.
    Richland went 11 for 11 FT's.

Too bad the stream dried up early in Q3.

Quote Originally Posted by NEC26 View Post
    Fun game to watch. Sorn is pretty good. Needs to add bulk and muscle but he is a guy I would love to see at GU.
    I'd have to agree!

Would be nice to see these two in the WIAA 4A final game!

Zag Shop (Thrift Shop Parody)

Gonzaga sind die besten! Gehe Zags!

Quote Originally Posted by SWZag View Post
    I'd have to agree!

Would be nice to see these two in the WIAA 4A final game!
    Should happen as long as they’re on opposite sides of the bracket. There’s not two better teams on the 4A side if not the whole state.

Last 1 min of play - generally a 2 point margin with the ball changing hands 4 or 5 times, fouls, steals etc. Exciting....but announcers got so excited talking about the last play, steal, free throw that they never said the time left until it finally got down to 13 seconds. Unnecessary addition to drama!

Spokesman-Review game story

Anyone know where and who G-Prep plays next?

Good game. Two very good teams. It looks like they will meet in the semis if the seeding holds out, which is too bad since they are the top 2 in the state. Would really like to see a combined 3A/4A 8 team tourney to see how these guys stack up against the 3A teams. Watson played well, tough to give up that much height to Sorn. Prep's D was really good last night. Cool to see the Zags at the game, just another reason to like the program.

Wonder why we chose to offer Van Komen over Sorn.

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    Wonder why we chose to offer Van Komen over Sorn.
    No idea. Before the feed went out, I was very impressed by what I saw out of Sorn.
    Not a big sample size. And of course I’ve never seen Van Komen play.

No idea. Before the feed went out, I was very impressed by what I saw out of Sorn.
    Not a big sample size. And of course I’ve never seen Van Komen play.
    He is the 48 ranked Center for 2018 (and was down 3 spots), according to Scout. With 1 open schollie, would you want to give it to Sorn? Van Kommen is #27 for the next year. Maybe a pick your poison, or maybe the coaches know more about available slots than we do.

He looked good, but it wasn't against other height, so just not sure.
    I'm laughing. Why aren't you?

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    He is the 48 ranked Center for 2018 (and was down 3 spots), according to Scout. With 1 open schollie, would you want to give it to Sorn? Van Kommen is #27 for the next year. Maybe a pick your poison, or maybe the coaches know more about available slots than we do.

He looked good, but it wasn't against other height, so just not sure.
    I agree. That’s what I meant by “no idea”. But I was surprisingly impressed by Sorn. He will play somewhere.

I was at the game and live, Sorn did not pass the “eye” test. He did not look good at all. I know his stats were good but wow. He couldn’t use his size to his advantage at all, had very weak shots and did not look athletic at all. He did have some great blocks and rim protection but that’s about it. He would not even be close to seeing the court at GU. Just my $0.02

Quote Originally Posted by jyboc View Post
    I was at the game and live, Sorn did not pass the “eye” test. He did not look good at all. I know his stats were good but wow. He couldn’t use his size to his advantage at all, had very weak shots and did not look athletic at all. He did have some great blocks and rim protection but that’s about it. He would not even be close to seeing the court at GU. Just my $0.02
    Kind of saw the same. Watson at 6 7 was playing him pretty tough. I see them both as very similar players with VK being younger. Sorn looks to be a Big Sky level player. Either way both would be a project but VK is younger.

Obviously he needs to bulk up but I watched the whole game and Sorn had a whole lot more effect on that game than Watson ever did. I know Watson ended up with 19 but much of that came late with intentional fouls at the end.
    7 foot 3 guys are not going to wow you with athleticism but to my eye he has potential.

Quote Originally Posted by jyboc View Post
    How would you compare Sorn to Ryan Edwards? Edwards didn't see much of the court either.

I have seen Sorn only twice this year, including last night, and feel he gets by a lot by his height and not because he has great basketball skill which seems to be average at best. But you cannot coach height. Richland protects him on defense by having him guard the paint (basically a 4-1 semi-zone where the other four mostly play man to man and Sorn just stays in the paint). He is not quick or all that mobile. He has developed shots that take advantage of his length but at the next level he will find it very difficult as he does not posses D-1 strength. He will get pushed all over the place. This is not to say he cannot contribute but I will take VK's potential any day over Sorn. VK at least has strength and bulk going for him.
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world.
    Those who understand binary and those who do not.
    "Only a madman or an economist thinks exponential growth can go on forever in a finite world."

Func FOO

E .· ` ' / ·. F
    The FOO fuels me.