Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: Sort of anyway. G-Prep game Friday night

Default OT: Sort of anyway. G-Prep game Friday night

Thursday and Friday in the Spokane Arena they are having the district 8 3A and 4A district finals. Undefeated Gonzaga Prep (22-0) will be playing undefeated Richland (22-0) at 7:30 Friday night. There are lots of other games too, but that one should be a great game and a chance to see Anton Watson. There is a lot of info on the Spokesman website.
    “When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”

~ Desiderius Erasmus

Richland is not to be taken lightly. I have watched them completely dismantle some good teams.
    I miss Mike Hart

It looks like Spokane fans will be able to watch G-Prep's game at 7:30 Friday on channel SWX #112.

Go Bombers.

Quote Originally Posted by sullyzag66 View Post
    Go Bombers.
    Yes, I'm pulling for them too! Need a state championship to go with the football one we got.
    “When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”

~ Desiderius Erasmus

Should be interesting game. Two completely different styles, great offense vs great defense. 6’8” Watson vs 7’4” Riley Sorn. Should be a very very high level high school basketball game. Go Pups!

I'm leaning towards Richland on this one because I think Sorn neutralizes Jones and Richland's guards are just bigger and better than Prep's offensively. Lockett may be able to hold down Northrop a little, but that kid is playing out of his mind right now (you can watch many of Richland's games like their last one against Ferris where he went 7-11 from 3 on a YouTube station called Atomic TV- hats off to their student video production program). Watson will need to have a huge game on both ends, but I'm not convinced that Prep can turnover Richland enough to generate the offense they'll need to play with them.

On a 7 foot plus player recruiting related note- having seen both play, I actually like Sorn a lot more than Van Kommen. Van Kommen's team played Ferris in the MAC during team camp last summer and he struck me as a surly baby (pouted at times and didn't shake hands after the game) who didn't respond well to Ferris's 6'4" Mike Ervin (a GSL 1st teamer, but still) challenging him for position and not backing down. Then the next day GU offered him so what do I know? Obviously graduation year and scholarship availability could be a factor too since Sorn is a year older, but I hope this doesn't end up being another Joe Harris scenario where we missed on the local guy.

Didn't Prep beat them down there last year?
    But we don't play nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by sittingon50 View Post
    Didn't Prep beat them down there last year?
    Yep. 81-80.

https://youtu.be/wHHrwngpAKI

Is this game being streamed?

Quote Originally Posted by 23dpg View Post
    Looking; can’t find it.

It’s being listed as an 845 start now.

Quote Originally Posted by Argentum View Post
    I'm leaning towards Richland on this one because I think Sorn neutralizes Jones and Richland's guards are just bigger and better than Prep's offensively. Lockett may be able to hold down Northrop a little, but that kid is playing out of his mind right now (you can watch many of Richland's games like their last one against Ferris where he went 7-11 from 3 on a YouTube station called Atomic TV- hats off to their student video production program). Watson will need to have a huge game on both ends, but I'm not convinced that Prep can turnover Richland enough to generate the offense they'll need to play with them.

On a 7 foot plus player recruiting related note- having seen both play, I actually like Sorn a lot more than Van Kommen. Van Kommen's team played Ferris in the MAC during team camp last summer and he struck me as a surly baby (pouted at times and didn't shake hands after the game) who didn't respond well to Ferris's 6'4" Mike Ervin (a GSL 1st teamer, but still) challenging him for position and not backing down. Then the next day GU offered him so what do I know? Obviously graduation year and scholarship availability could be a factor too since Sorn is a year older, but I hope this doesn't end up being another Joe Harris scenario where we missed on the local guy.
    Ervin from Ferris is rough. He took it right at Watson numerous times when Ferris played prep and definitely held his own despite bring at a significant height disadvantage.

Nwprepsnow.com

Quote Originally Posted by adoptedzag View Post
    Nwprepsnow.com
    Fixing link. Stupid mobile heheh

http://www.nwprepsnow.com

Quote Originally Posted by adoptedzag View Post
    Fixing link. Stupid mobile heheh

http://www.nwprepsnow.com
    LC vs CV girls on right now. Is the GPrep game being streamed afterwards?

This game by Prep and Richland may be better to watch than the actual finals. These are two good teams. Where it's Richland's 7'3 big man, Sorn, going?

Zag Shop (Thrift Shop Parody)

Gonzaga sind die besten! Gehe Zags!

GP up 15-8 after the first quarter.

LC vs CV girls on right now. Is the GPrep game being streamed afterwards?
    I'm watching the boys now
    I'm laughing. Why aren't you?

Did they just show Rui at the game?

Rui and Tille are in the house.

Quote Originally Posted by Zag_Dad View Post
    and ayayi and beach and tillie and jeremy jones at least. looks like zags get front row seats.

Watson seems ok. His effort on the defensive end is pretty low. Sorn is affecting this game the most but is limited offensively.

Quote Originally Posted by Zag_Dad View Post
    Yup, I think most of the team is there watching the game.

GP up 26-22 at the half. The pups haven't had much success from the outside but their defense has been good.
    I'm impressed with the big Richland kid. He might be on pace for a triple double. He's blocked a bunch of shots and changed many others.

Yup, I think most of the team is there watching the game.

GP up 26-22 at the half. The pups haven't had much success from the outside but their defense has been good.
    I'm impressed with the big Richland kid. He might be on pace for a triple double. He's blocked a bunch of shots and changed many others.
    Great to see at least most of the GU team there. Pretty cool. That's got to be awesome for Watson.

Soran is raw, but he definitely could turn into a good player with the right coach...and GU is known for developing big men.

I really like the Richland guard, #10, Cody Sanderson. Crafty guard.

Good to see Tommy's son, Liam, playing also for Prep!

Zag Shop (Thrift Shop Parody)

Gonzaga sind die besten! Gehe Zags!