Thread: Sloot sighting in Seattle

Default Sloot sighting in Seattle

I was unaware of it at the time, but I just saw a replay of Friday night's UW-Oregon game. Sloot was there, presumably in support of her former coach. Her Sky teammate Allie Quigley was there as well.

John and Laura Stockton are in Pullman watching the Ducks today. Commentator said Laura and Oti Gildon are good friends. Gildon is having herself a good weekend on the court in Washington.

edited--I don't think Laura was there. They mentioned her name, but it looked like John and his wife (don't know her name) that the camera focused on.
    Last edited by seacatfan; 02-11-2018 at 07:54 PM.

Been trying to follow Sloop and her team in Turkey.

However, the Chicago Sky website has been dead recently and the last update on Sloot was January 9th. I had the time or wanted to spend the effort to translate from Turkish.

Here is a post from a 1/8/2018 posting on the Chicago Sky board:

Courtney Vandersloot picked as the 2017 PG of the year for the European League. Also selected on the 1st. team All-League (Domestic and Import players) team. Also on the 1st. Team is Nmeka Ogwumike. 2nd. team selections included Diana Taursi and Brittney Griner. Sloot is presently leading the League in Assists at 8.3 per game. European League games can be seen on FIBA Europe TV. No information for the "Sky Players Overseas" portion of the Sky website has been updated since Nov. 4th. (even a phone call got no updates!!) and the WNBA website has very little information. Courtney plays for the Yakin Dogu University team in Istanbul Turkey where they are tied for the League lead. In Sunday's game Sloot scored 23 points along with 11 assists. The Yakin Dogu team website can be Googled for more information.

ZagDad

Quote Originally Posted by seacatfan View Post
    John and Laura Stockton are in Pullman watching the Ducks today. Commentator said Laura and Oti Gildon are good friends. Gildon is having herself a good weekend on the court in Washington.

edited--I don't think Laura was there. They mentioned her name, but it looked like John and his wife (don't know her name) that the camera focused on.
    Seacat, you were right the first time. Laura was in Pullman and got together with Oti. The local newscast televised a picture showing Laura and Oti together in Pullman.

ZagDad

Cool, thanks ZagDad. There's probably a lot of this interconnectedness going on in the hoops world frequently that I'm usually unaware of.

I was at the UW-UO game on Friday. Husky alum Chantel Osahor was there, they showed her on the big screen and she got a warm reception from the crowd.

When I watched the replay on TV and saw Vandersloot/Quigley, I was a bit curious about them obviously not being overseas playing professionally at the moment. Also made me curious if Vandersloot still considers the greater Seattle area home during the off season.

SeaCat:

With a little research, the Turkish league just finished their regular season on January 31, 2018. Sloot had a fabulous game with 13 pts, 13 assists, 6 rebounds and 6 steals. The team she plays for, Yakin Dogu University, finished first in their group in the Euroleague and first in the Turkish league. The playoffs start February 28, 2018 so the team has a month off.

Yakin Dogu University has some excellent WNBA players among their starting five including Sloot, Jantel Lavender and Kayla McBride along with two Turkish Nationals.

Here is a link to the Yakin Dogu University page on the Euroleague. There is a link to a 1:30 highlight of Sloot in the last game showcasing all of her talents. In addition, you can rewatch the last couple of Yakin Dogu University games if you wish. The Sloot highlight video is a great view.

Link: http://www.fiba.basketball/euroleagu...es_and_results

There are numerous WNBA players playing in Turkey that you can access through the link. Kelsey Plum plays for Fenerbahce and Quigley plays for Galatasaray. In addition, the playoff bracket is presented so you can keep up with the results beginning at the end of the Month.

ZagDad

ZagDad, on the Wtv. twitter page.....they have some clips of the past Conference Tourney highlights....one in particular has CLF commenting on Vandersloot and footage of her acrobatic maneuvers......maybe it has been shown on another thread.... I tried to bring it here, but not that "technically proficient". Sorry.

Kemo:

Let's try this link: https://twitter.com/TheWtv/status/966750694945337344

ZagDad

Yeah, THANKS. THAT WAS THE CLIP I WAS REFERRING TO. Amazing player!