Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Selection Committee Top 16 Bracket Reveal Thread

The best test is the Eye Test. My Eye Test says Zags are peaking, and they are one of the best 16th teams. I say they are 10th best.
    Basically, the committee wants the Zags to win out right, don't leave it up to them to decide our seed. That is doom for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by UberZagFan View Post
    See Year 2002!!! Doubt that will ever be matched.
    I can still see Few's face. He prob still has PTSD from that thunderous snub.

Quote Originally Posted by Tmac5360 View Post
    Careful about blaming refs. If it weren’t for a totally blown goaltend, the Zags could have lost in 2nd round.
    Is that you crying Northwestern kid?
    "There is always some kid who may be seeing me for the first time. I owe him my best."--Joe DiMaggio

Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaZagFan View Post
    Is that you crying Northwestern kid?
    In the intro yesterday to the farcical seeding show of course they showed a disproportionate number of images from the Northwestern "run" and Elaine Benes made an appearance as well. Thank god that fire is out.......BTW, not nearly enough of GU's run. If it were another P5 against the Tarcheaters trust me there would have been a lot more.

Quote Originally Posted by CDC84 View Post
    One major college basketball writer told me that it was an absolute joke that Gonzaga wasn't included in this group....he pointed to Oklahoma as a team that should've been excluded. Gonzaga is 6-2 vs. the RPI top 50 (2-1 vs. the top 25), #7 at kenpom.com, and it one of only 3 teams in the land to have offensive and defensive efficiency rankings in the top 20. It was almost as if they didn't even include the St. Mary's blow out last night.

Or the fact that GU beat Ohio States by 27: the single best individual team performance of the season possibly.
    GU is an outlier with their WCC schedule and it is always going to hurt them unless the rest of the WCC steps up some day. They really need to ditch the cupcake home games with the Incarnate Worlds of college basketball and either schedule good home and homes or bring in schools like Idaho for home games only.

My hope is not about seeding but placing. I rather be a 4 or 5 seed in the West than a 3 seed in the East. My dream match up would be a 4 seed in the West with Xavier or Auburn (The Great Pretenders) as the 1 seed.
    ----
    Why not try Love Poems. They work to prime the pump.

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-bas...e1cj8s2u5eoyu8

4. Gonzaga can’t get no respect. The Zags played in last season’s NCAA Championship game. They almost won it. They’ve got a 5-3 record against Q-1 opponents, their worst loss is a road game against No. 129 San Diego State that falls into Q-2 – and they’re excluded because the bottom of their league isn’t any good? This doesn’t make sense. The predictive metrics all place Gonzaga among the top dozen teams in Division I. This shouldn’t be about whether Loyola Marymount and Pepperdine have bad teams.

10. The RPI still rules the process. The quadrant system takes into account the greater difficulty of winning away from home, but it still uses the unpopular Ratings Percentage Index as the standard by which the teams are ranked. The NCAA is hoping to conceive a new metric to replace the RPI, but it hasn’t yet come up with something it views as more workable. It turned out that 14 of the top 16 teams in this week’s RPI standings were represented in these seeds.

An article from ESPN that I don't recall seeing:

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...rics-correctly
    "I just dropped in to see what condition my condition was in..."