Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Has anyone heard anything more about Marko Pecarski?

Quote Originally Posted by WallaWallaZag View Post
    jj would also be a grad tranfer candidate if he chose to go that route...
    Definitely. JJ is no guarantee to be on schollie going forward. Also Wade could see his lack of PT as an opportunity to leave. Lots of moving parts, lots of potential for Rui or Killian to leave. I wouldnt sweat the future too much, the staff has navigated these waters for years and know exactly what they are doing.

Can't wait to hear if he makes a visit to Spokane on Monday or Tuesday. I strongly suspect he will be wearing a GU Jersey next season if he does make the trip.

Quote Originally Posted by basketballzag View Post
    Can't wait to hear if he makes a visit to Spokane on Monday or Tuesday. I strongly suspect he will be wearing a GU Jersey next season if he does make the trip.
    Was anybody from the staff down in CA this last week to watch him?
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Quote Originally Posted by kitzbuel View Post
    Was anybody from the staff down in CA this last week to watch him?
    You can write this down in INK that Tommy was in town and talked to him. I'm wondering though if lets say that Tille does leave would that open the door for Luka to take another scholarship spot for Gonzaga thus reuniting the trio.

You can write this down in INK that Tommy was in town and talked to him. I'm wondering though if lets say that Tille does leave would that open the door for Luka to take another scholarship spot for Gonzaga thus reuniting the trio.
    Did Tommy get a chance to try and woo Killian Henry, the stud french guard, that would be a Mickey Dee's AA if he were playing in the states? Our success with frenchies should help.

Bro. Don’t even go there. Don’t give me a glimmer of hope. It’s just easier that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    Did Tommy get a chance to try and woo Killian Henry, the stud french guard, that would be a Mickey Dee's AA if he were playing in the states? Our success with frenchies should help.
    I think your phone autocorrected “Hayes” to “Henry”, unless we’re talking about different people.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach Crazy View Post
    I think your phone autocorrected “Hayes” to “Henry”, unless we’re talking about different people.

Ha! Yes Killian Hayes, I want him!

With regards to available scholarships for the 2018-19 season, the current chart has only one available spot; however, if there was another player of great value I sincerely believe that that JJ would once again be a walk-on and that would make two spots available for 18-19.

Interesting update:

So what is Pecarski, who played last season for Baryern Munich, plan in terms of staying in Europe or coming to the United State for college?

“I still didn’t sign professional contract with Partizan, so I still have my options open,” Pecarski said following the event.

“I didn’t hear from many schools, because they think I’ve signed a professional contract and think I’m not interested anymore, but I’m still available until I decide to sign a professional contract.” He added.

Among the schools that have been linked to Pecarski is Gonzaga, who has signed his friend and teammate from from the u18 team, Filip Petresuv. With that said, Pecarski didn't want to specify or list any schools.

"There were many in last few years," he said.

"When I go back to Serbia, they’ll offer me a professional contract, so we’ll see. I haven’t made my decision yet."
    https://247sports.com/Article/BWB-Ma...ions-115524381

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy outgo lifer View Post
    Just came on to post this. A bit surprised that he isn't hotter on the Zags after BWB.

Bronek Wawrzynczuk

@Eurospects
    1h1 hour ago
    More Bronek Wawrzynczuk Retweeted KK Partizan NIS
    All the speculations regarding Marko Pecarski future are over now. College is not going to happen as 2000 born Serbian prospect just signed four year deal with Partizan Belgrade. Talented center averaged 18.3ppg & 8.5 rpg at #AdidasNGT last weekend

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    Bronek Wawrzynczuk

@Eurospects
    1h1 hour ago
    More Bronek Wawrzynczuk Retweeted KK Partizan NIS
    All the speculations regarding Marko Pecarski future are over now. College is not going to happen as 2000 born Serbian prospect just signed four year deal with Partizan Belgrade. Talented center averaged 18.3ppg & 8.5 rpg at #AdidasNGT last weekend
    very much expected.

there is a reason we pulled our recruiting efforts/intrigue/interest awhile back, along with numerous other schools. Even though Marko kept saying, "i haven't signed yet and college is still an option", all inside circles around him knew he was planning to sign a pro contract.

No coincidence every school recruiting him backed off in 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by Goshzagit View Post
    very much expected.

there is a reason we pulled our recruiting efforts/intrigue/interest awhile back, along with numerous other schools. Even though Marko kept saying, "i haven't signed yet and college is still an option", all inside circles around him knew he was planning to sign a pro contract.

Very interesting.

Have you heard anything regarding Luka Samanic?

Quote Originally Posted by Goshzagit View Post
    very much expected.

it was? I'm outta the loop, that's for sure, 'cause I thought he was gonna sign with us.

it was? I'm outta the loop, that's for sure, 'cause I thought he was gonna sign with us.
    Same here! I guess money talks and when he stayed overseas this year and didn't follow Filip to the US to play I guess that should of been a sign that he was probably going pro.

Seriously, didn’t see it was guaranteed that he’d sign a pro contract.