Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ranking on Monday 2/12 ?

Quote Originally Posted by 23dpg View Post
    For the pollsters? How you’re playing lately. Who did you beat, who did you lose to. It’s not an exact science. The loss total means less than the head to head. I just don’t think it’s a travesty. I’ve watched the Buckeyes a fair bit and they’re simply not the same team they were back in November.
    They play at Penn State and at Michigan this week, I wouldn't be shocked if they lost both, which would make it a moot point.

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    They play at Penn State and at Michigan this week, I wouldn't be shocked if they lost both, which would make it a moot point.
    I could see 1-1. But if Ohio State keeps winning, it helps our RPI, which unfortunately still matters a lot.

Teams ahead of us games this week:

#8 OSU: This Week: @ Penn State Feb 15, @ Michigan Feb 18
    #7 Texas Tech: This Week: vs. Oklahoma Feb 13, @ Baylor Feb 17
    #6 Purdue: This Week: @ Wisconsin Feb 15, vs. Penn State Feb 18
    #5 Cinci: This Week: @ Houston Feb 15, vs. Wichita State Feb 18
    #4 Xavier: This Week: vs. Seton Hall Feb 14, vs. Villanova Feb 17
    #3: Nova: This Week: @ Providence Feb 14, @ Xavier Feb 17
    #2 Michigan State:This Week: @ Minnesota Feb 13, @ Northwestern Feb 17
    #1 Virginia: This Week: @ Miami Feb 13

Looking at that, a ton of teams ahead of us have a very good chance of losing this week. Man, if we hadn't choked vs SDSU and SMC, we could end the season #1 and still might end up top 4 if everything falls our way.

Nevermind
    Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.

I could see 1-1. But if Ohio State keeps winning, it helps our RPI, which unfortunately still matters a lot.
    OSU dropping two or three spots won't hurt our rpi, plus I want to see us get as high as possible and see the NCAA committee squirm with our seeding.

Love this site.

http://collegepolltracker.com/basket...-bulldogs/2017

Someone has us rated 18th? Hard to justify that.

Love this site.

http://collegepolltracker.com/basket...-bulldogs/2017

Someone has us rated 18th? Hard to justify that.
    Well, must have a reason. Apparently not a homer as he writes for the paper in East Lansing & is one of 2 to rate Sparty the lowest.
    "I just dropped in to see what condition my condition was in..."

I HAD A GREAT LAUGH ...after hearing Gonzaga is ranked 9th! THE 'MAGNOLIA GARDEN COMMITTEE OF NCAA"...must be 'sh't'n lil' GREEN APPLES ...... heh heh GO ZAGS.... keep on climbing!

The WCC still has two teams higher ranked than the top two ranked PAC 12 teams.
    how I would love it if pacific, byu or san diego could ramp their programs up.
    It would help us in so many ways, ...

I am surprised SMC didn't fall farther down.
    They only have one good win. Now that problem has been rectified for the moment.
    This exposes them as a team who needs the right match up to deserve ranked status,
    and that the wrong match up can pull the rug out from under them.

As before, I lay this problem on Bennett's doorstep, it is not fair to his boys to buoy their records and egos up with a cupcake schedule, then throw them into the fire of highly ranked teams. I know they have disproved this point I am making one or two times in the NCAA Dance, but there is only way to get prepared for top competition, and that is to play against some, more than just GU. Just my opinion.

Not sure who combined this thread, but it got really confusing to read.
    GO ZAGS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ZagsGoZags View Post
    The WCC still has two teams higher ranked than the top two ranked PAC 12 teams.
    how I would love it if pacific, byu or san diego could ramp their programs up.
    It would help us in so many ways, ...

I am surprised SMC didn't fall farther down.
    They only have one good win. Now that problem has been rectified for the moment.
    This exposes them as a team who needs the right match up to deserve ranked status,
    and that the wrong match up can pull the rug out from under them.

As before, I lay this problem on Bennett's doorstep, it is not fair to his boys to buoy their records and egos up with a cupcake schedule, then throw them into the fire of highly ranked teams. I know they have disproved this point I am making one or two times in the NCAA Dance, but there is only way to get prepared for top competition, and that is to play against some, more than just GU. Just my opinion.
    Evidently, he is doing a bang-up job overall as he just signed a 10 year contract extension, so playing a weak OOC is exactly what the SMC’s AD wants...

After re-watching the SMC game, just proved to me that they will have big problems when they play athletic teams, which is why USD has given them problems...I believe they will more than likely be an early exit in the Dance.

There may be some "athletic teams" that won't be able to get adequately prepared for SMC on short prep, however.

JMHO.
    "I just dropped in to see what condition my condition was in..."