GUnit of the Game - St. Mary's - 2. 10. 2018 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zagbeliever
    Bleeds GU Blue
    • Jan 2013

I wish I could vote for them all. Great team effort.

Comment

• CarolinaZagFan
      Zag for Life
      • Dec 2007

No doubt it’s Rui. He would’ve gotten it in the first matchup as well if we would’ve ran a play the last 5 minutes of the game.
      "There is always some kid who may be seeing me for the first time. I owe him my best."--Joe DiMaggio

Comment

• former1dog
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

Voted for Rui, but I’ve never seen a more brilliant defensive game plan out of Gonzaga.

Comment

• Birddog
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

A RUI RUI, kudos to several others esp J3 and the coaching staff!
          Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
          Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
          All mimsy were the borogoves,
          And the mome raths outgrabe.

Comment

• Mantua
            Zag for Life
            • Mar 2007

Rui.

Zach Norvell had a solid game and so did Williams with a double-double.

I have to hand it to the entire team and the coaches for that D.

I was relieved to see the offense flow unlike the last meeting’s frozen offense.
            Bonjour tristesse.

Comment

• Bocco
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

If I was solely going on points scored my vote would be for Rui....but I had to go with the coaching staff ... great game plan and kudos for the players in their execution of it.
              The world is a magical place full of people waiting to be offended by something.

Comment

• Zag_Dad
                Zag for Life
                • Dec 2013

My vote went to “coaching staff” same players on the floor as game in Spokane. Different philosophy made the difference.

Comment

• GonzaGAW
                  Zag for Life
                  • Aug 2012

coaching staff, their plan to limit naur and langdale........7 points total, 28 below average.

Comment

• GrizZAG
                    Zag for Life
                    • Nov 2009

Originally posted by zagfan24 View Post
                    Loved everything Rui did. But JW3 was a beast on Landale and gets my vote as a result
                    Agree. J3 worked his tail off tonight containing Jock. Scoring is important but J3 did the heavy lifting.
                    One of the greatest stories in basketball history...Gonzaga!

Comment

• amaronizag
                      Bleeds GU Blue
                      • Jul 2013

Rui gets the nod for a great game taking it to the hoop aggressively. J3 had a solid game and Snacks just filled up the stat sheet with 15 points, 5 rebounds, 4 assists, 3 steals, no turn overs. Really good D by all and only 4 turn overs for the game. And a shout out to Randy Bennett for being so chatty after the game. Really. I think SMC has an all around classy team this year.

Comment

• Hoopaholic
                        • Mar 2008

Originally posted by GrizZAG View Post
                        Agree. J3 worked his tail off tonight containing Jock. Scoring is important but J3 did the heavy lifting.
                        Time and time again displaced him off the block little things like that allowed for the quick doubles
                        The ones that want to love us when we’re up & kick us when we’re down, screw off honestly. Drew Timme January 2023

Comment

• gobroncsgozags
                          Bleeds GU Blue
                          • Mar 2008

Loved the play of several Zags. Had to go with the coaching staff, though. As bad as the gameplan was the first time around, it was just as good tonight. A complete 180. The team/coaches showed how to completely shut Landale down, which I didn't think was possible. The coaches had a great gameplan and had the team prepared well.

Comment

• jpn17
                            Professional Zag Fan
                            • Dec 2011

Gave it to The coaching staff over Rui for one simple reason. Up here Rui lit up Saint Mary's but GU lost, this time he lit them up again, but they won handily. The idea was shut down Jock and make every one else beat you assuming SMC wouldn't shoot nearly as well again as they did the first time around and they were right. The defense was tenacious and it was a ton of fun to watch. And now Saint Mary's is the team that will have to deal with it and make adjustments. We'll see if Bennett is up to the task.

Great play, great coaching, great team effort tonight!

Comment

• Reborn
                              Zag for Life
                              • Oct 2007

I knew Rui would win in a landslide, but I voted for Josh Perkins. I loved how he directed the offense. He was in total control of the game tonight, He outplayed Naar who is one of the best point-guards in the country. Josh ended up with 13 points, which for him is a perfect game because he is really focused more on getting the ball and the game sets to the best sets the offense can run. It was beautiful to watch.
                              Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Comment

• tyra
                                Zag for Life
                                • Feb 2007

I doubt I’ve seen a better game plan more perfectly executed. I went with the coaching staff and really appreciate that option being available to us. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                                X