Has a Zag ever had a triple double or will Norvell be the first?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thespywhozaggedme
    Banned
    • Feb 2007

Has a Zag ever had a triple double or will Norvell be the first?

The announcers raved about how multidimensionally talented he was and I truly believe that he will have at least one triple double before his career is over. He really does everything well.
  • thespywhozaggedme
    Banned
    • Feb 2007

Anyone?

Comment

• Zags11
      Banned
      • Mar 2008

Idk. Lol sorry.

Comment

• thespywhozaggedme
        Banned
        • Feb 2007

ZN was three assists at three rebounds away from a triple double. This is incredible, and he is such a well-rounded player that I think he will achieve it before his career as a Zag is over.

Comment

• RenoZag
          Super Moderator
          • Feb 2007

Here's the Gonzaga 17-18 MBB Record Book, spy. Maybe you can find your answer there. . .

The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• thespywhozaggedme
            Banned
            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by RenoZag View Post
            Here's the Gonzaga 17-18 MBB Record Book, spy. Maybe you can find your answer there. . .

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/...RecordBook.pdf
            Thank you for posting that. Gozags posted it a while back and I probably should have bookmarked it. In looking through the whole thing it looks like, no, no Zag has ever posted a triple double. I believe Zach Norvelle will be the first.

Comment

• LongIslandZagFan
              • Feb 2007

Couldn't find it in there.
              "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Comment

• RenoZag
                Super Moderator
                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
                Thank you for posting that. Gozags posted it a while back and I probably should have bookmarked it. In looking through the whole thing it looks like, no, no Zag has ever posted a triple double. I believe Zach Norvelle will be the first.
                You're welcome, spy. In the "General Basketball" forum there's a thread with links to all sorts of basketball reference sites, blogs, Zag specific links, etc. It's also linked in my signature line. . .

I did a cursory search of the MBB using the term "triple double" (because I know the topic has been discussed here previously) but I couldn't come up with THE thread where your question was definitively answered. IIRC, we have had one or two instances where a player came close. . .

Maybe if GU borrowed the Marriott Center official scorekeeper for a season or two we would have had one by now. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• RenoZag
                  Super Moderator
                  • Feb 2007

Blake Stepp came close in 2002:

13 points, 9 rebounds, 9 assists vs. LMU on 1/19/2002. . .

It has been suggested Burgess might have done it in his era. . .such an all-around talent. . .

OT: Would Vermillion be the likely career leader for double-doubles ??

Comment

• Shanachie
                    Kennel Club
                    • Feb 2007

According to sports-reference.com, there have been just 7 instances of a Zag player having at least 7 points, 7 rebounds, and 7 assists in a game since the 2010-2011 season. (That’s as far back as their detailed searchable database goes, though they have lots of other info going back much further.)

Steven Gray did it twice, Kyle Dranginis twice, and Sabonis, Norvell, and Perkins once each.

Comment

• cjm720
                      Zag for Life
                      • Nov 2007

I’ll chime in again once it happens
                      Go Zags!!!

Comment

• SWZag
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2007

Albeit post GU, David Stockton recorded a triple-double. 36 points, 14 assists and 10 rebounds.

Zag Shop (Thrift Shop Parody)

Gonzaga sind die besten! Gehe Zags!

Comment

• SWZag
                          Zag for Life
                          • Feb 2007

I believe Zach has a legitimate chance to reach triple-double territory.

Per the broadcast and my search through the record book, it appears to be true that Zach is the first GU player to have at least 25 points and 10 rebounds in an NCAA Tournament game. And for a guard? Incredible.

Turiaf came close in 2003 in a win over Cincinnati with 22 and 10.
                          Morrison also came close in 2005 in a loss to Texas Tech with 25 and 9.
                          Batista, in a 2006 win against Indiana had 20 and 9.
                          Heytvelt, in a 2009 win against Akron had 22 and 8.
                          Bouldin, in a 2009 win against WKU had 20 and 8.
                          Harris, in a 2010 loss to Syracuse had 24 and 8.
                          Olynyk, in a 2013 win against Southern had 21 and 10.
                          Olynyk, in a 2013 loss against Wichita State had 26 and 9.
                          Wiltjer, in a 2015 win against North Dakota State had 23 and 8.
                          Sabonis, in a 2016 win against Seton Hall had 21 and 16.
                          Williams-Goss, in a 2017 win against Northwestern had 20 and 8.
                          Williams-Goss, in a 2017 win against Xavier had 23 and 8.
                          Norvell, in a 2018 win against Ohio State had 28 and 12.

Zag Shop (Thrift Shop Parody)

Gonzaga sind die besten! Gehe Zags!

Comment

Working...
                          X