Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Where is everyone on the GU board?

I spend most of my time over at the Wbb's board, trying to drum up any kind of participation to little effect. You post discussion topics, polls, etc. and you get a few hundred views and maybe 1 or 2 posts. There is nothing more frustrating then spending time researching topics and putting them out for discussion only to find out there is interest to read but no interest to post an opinion. It is hard to have a healthy, valid discussion board without having any discussion.

I too have found a handful of posters on the Men's Board who relatively recently seem todrop into name calling, snotty comebacks, the use of vulgarity, anytime another poster tends to disagree with their position on an issue. These posters seem to be incapable of accepting that any reasonable person could possibly have a different position on a topic or person than they do and they will not accept that. My personal opinion is that when a person lapses into name calling, the use of vulgarity, snotty comebacks or yelling, it generally shows a sign of someone who has run out of valid arguments to support their position. Middle School behavior at best.

This is a discussion board and by nature, to have a "good" discussion, you need to have people on many sides of any particular issue. Simply keep an open mind, listen to the arguments, state your case, ask questions and Maybe, just Maybe you can learn something. If you feel yourself resorting to name calling, vulgarity or other such behavior, back away from the keyboard and don't respond to this type of "gamesmanship" and perpetuate this type of behavior.

If you "ignore" the few bad apples, they will get their arguments in but the thread stays on track. All of us need to have a little thicker skin, realize sometimes people will spell names incorrectly, won't research and support their position, and god forbid, threadjack a topic. You know, sometimes the threadjacks are actually funny or knowledgeable.

Lighten up people and have fun with this otherwise it is time to leave.

ZagDad

Should be a good game tonight...I think the Zags will handle their business. Interesting thread....just glad I'm done choosing between pooping and chucking...tough week...tough year. This is my temporary escape from my basically crappy reality....though I have to admit that dogs are more loyal then people...BY FAR. GO DOGS! Heres a neat video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igd-24NKrss

Quote Originally Posted by Birddog View Post
    We need more Bowser!
    +1

I wonder if the incredible success of the program year after year after year after year has slowly eroded the unbridled enthusiasm that led diehard Zags like myself to spend a lot of time on this site reading through nearly every post. I think so. I still LOVE following the program. I still get in a fair amount of trouble with my family when a game doesn't go the right way. Zags basketball is still one of the most important things in my life (some in my life think that's pathetic, but I suspect it's OK to admit in this forum). But, I must admit, I don't follow every little thing about the program as much. I don't devour every article on espn.com that I bump into. I'm not hanging on every word a national broadcaster has to say about the program. And I certainly don't visit this site nearly as often.

Everything was SO fun as the program rose year after year. I LOVED seeing the national spotlight get brighter and brighter. I came to this site to stay up on every little thing.

Now, not so much.

Tonight 100% of my attention will be with Gonzaga basketball, just like it was during the PK80 tourney and a few other games in the regular season. This March I will be as into Zags hoops as ever. But the rest of the time I'm simply not as focused on Gonzaga basketball as I was when the program was climbing the ladder.

GO ZAGS!!!!!!!

I’m mostly hanging out in the Foo, dancing in my underpants and reading Dixie’s science thread.

http://guboards.spokesmanreview.com/...ighlight=Dance

http://guboards.spokesmanreview.com/...Science-Thread

Quote Originally Posted by kclubfounder View Post
    I wonder if the incredible success of the program year after year after year after year has slowly eroded the unbridled enthusiasm that led diehard Zags like myself to spend a lot of time on this site reading through nearly every post. I think so. I still LOVE following the program. I still get in a fair amount of trouble with my family when a game doesn't go the right way. Zags basketball is still one of the most important things in my life (some in my life think that's pathetic, but I suspect it's OK to admit in this forum). But, I must admit, I don't follow every little thing about the program as much. I don't devour every article on espn.com that I bump into. I'm not hanging on every word a national broadcaster has to say about the program. And I certainly don't visit this site nearly as often.

Everything was SO fun as the program rose year after year. I LOVED seeing the national spotlight get brighter and brighter. I came to this site to stay up on every little thing.

Now, not so much.

Tonight 100% of my attention will be with Gonzaga basketball, just like it was during the PK80 tourney and a few other games in the regular season. This March I will be as into Zags hoops as ever. But the rest of the time I'm simply not as focused on Gonzaga basketball as I was when the program was climbing the ladder.

GO ZAGS!!!!!!!
    This was roughly what I was going to post.

Maybe a little post NC game hangover.
    Its noticeable in the game threads, unless its a big game, it might only get like 3 pages.

Aside - kind of funny how some people mentioned that the bickering was driving them away, and on cue it breaks out in this thread too.

Default For Christ's Sake

You'll get more Bowser when the US, Ireland and Thailand lose their extradition treaties. Put down the damn poetry book and grab a beverage and let's go kick some ass.

Your Pal,

Bowser

BTW I printed out a copy of the How to Make a Burrito post. Lost it. Found it. Lost it. I think it is mixed up with the grand jury transcripts. If we have to prepare for trial I might find it. That post properly belongs in the Hall, a great parody of mikeness' detailed description of a three man weave. The legal team probably tossed it. They don't like long recipes.

Your Pal,

Bowser

Quote Originally Posted by cggonzaga View Post
    I think people want less of you in their lives! (Like that?)
    Why do you say that ? Is it supposed to be funny ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Fonebone View Post
    Why do you say that ? Is it supposed to be funny ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes but apparently it wasn’t.

I post like nobody's watching it's almost like not being here. Other times I just post to make me feel I'm important. Sometimes when I post I think I am talking to actual players.