Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who is pumped for Thursday?

Default Who is pumped for Thursday?

I'm so excited and pumped for Thursday! Gonna be a crazy kennel crowd and going to be a fight!

Go Zags!
    Love the zags for life

SMC fans are pumped for sure. I know I am.
    Not a must win but it would be a big plus.
    Hope the players are actually a little nonplused at game time, but not likely.
    Hopefully a very good well played, exciting game.

Default Pumped!

“There is no premium content on the GUBoards. We get what we pay for.”
    Pope John XXIII in his remarks to the College of Cardinals
    -12-21-2012
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Nevada Don View Post
    SMC fans are pumped for sure. I know I am.
    Not a must win but it would be a big plus.
    Hope the players are actually a little nonplused at game time, but not likely.
    Hopefully a very good well played, exciting game.
    Hope the Dons and the Zags both play great and WCC’s finest put on a good show for the ESPN audience!
    It is their time....their team...I just get to watch. - Bartruff1

I'm hoping I'm pumped after Thursday. Right now I'm apprehensive.
    Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.

Quote Originally Posted by Birddog View Post
    I'm hoping I'm pumped after Thursday. Right now I'm apprehensive.
    Enjoy the journey, BD! lol

How cold is it up there in OKC today? Big D is not a happy camper...19 degrees but no precipitation. Down here, an inch of snow on the ground gets you a bad weather day for school.

I'm looking forward to the post-game handshake!
    "To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift..."

--Steve Prefontaine--

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    Enjoy the journey, BD! lol

How cold is it up there in OKC today? Big D is not a happy camper...19 degrees but no precipitation. Down here, an inch of snow on the ground gets you a bad weather day for school.
    Overnight it was 6*, right now it's 18*. It might get down to 3* tonight and the wind is supposed to pick up today.
    Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.

Quote Originally Posted by Birddog View Post
    Overnight it was 6*, right now it's 18*. It might get down to 3* tonight and the wind is supposed to pick up today.
    At least it's all positive! LOL
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

a good perimeter passing team has been our Achilles heel this season.

Creighton 1st half, Florida, Nova, USF, even SDSU to a lessor degree (they missed open shots all night).

A good passing team will get open looks vs this defense -- lose focus quite easily.

I have a feeling SMC will be raining 3's, and scoring inside when they isolate Jock.

While I don't think SMC can defend us, we can't defend them either.

Quote Originally Posted by raise the zag View Post

Creighton 1st half, Florida, Nova, USF, even SDSU to a lessor degree (they missed open shots all night).

A good passing team will get open looks vs this defense -- lose focus quite easily.

I have a feeling SMC will be raining 3's, and scoring inside when they isolate Jock.

I like the fact that SMC is the Thursday game and that Few and staff will have been putting in a gameplan all week.

Quote Originally Posted by former1dog View Post
    I like the fact that SMC is the Thursday game and that Few and staff will have been putting in a gameplan all week.
    So do I.

Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

I'm pumped but I need to be more pumped. Does anybody know the name of the song that is played before Zombie Nation? Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by raise the zag View Post

I do believe we will hold them under their season average....by 10 is my guess
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

Quote Originally Posted by jbslicer View Post
    I'm pumped but I need to be more pumped. Does anybody know the name of the song that is played before Zombie Nation? Thanks in advance.
    How about the Team America theme? THat's pretty inspiring!

Quote Originally Posted by Corky View Post
    How about the Team America theme? THat's pretty inspiring!
    The first couple minutes of the live version of "Siberian Khatru" by Yes gets me fired up.

It's generally the first song on the playlists I listen to during my walks. By the time it ends, I'm well over half a mile from my house, and less than a half mile from my favored walking trail.

- I'm local and being a bulldog club member I usually get to a half dozen games a year.
    - last year at the last moment an in law called and had a ticket to the st. Mary's game. I'm here to tell you the electricity and energy in the kennel for that game was 3x a typical game, and it had no let up in emotion from start to finish.

- that being said, yes, I'm pumped because yesterday I fell into a couple of free tickets from a client of our company. I'll be two sections over from "Section 116" in 118. me and my son.
    - go zags!

Quote Originally Posted by GonzaGAW View Post

- that being said, yes, I'm pumped because yesterday I fell into a couple of free tickets from a client of our company. I'll be two sections over from "Section 116" in 118. me and my son.
    - go zags!
    Hope you and your son have a great experience at the game.

Quote Originally Posted by jbslicer View Post
    https://youtu.be/orMsXcvVG7M

I’m with you...took me forever to find this earlier this season.

Quote Originally Posted by StandardZag View Post
    https://youtu.be/orMsXcvVG7M

I’m with you...took me forever to find this earlier this season.
    Thanks for finding the song.

I am one of the old timers here on the board; so for me this is the most important game so far this year. As it always is when we play St. Mary's, and especially at home in K2. This game is always for conference supremicy, and to old timers conference play is important. You can say all the negative things that you want to say about the WCC, but to me it is still our conference, and every team in it wants to beat Gonzaga. When we play them they give it all they have.

Against St. Mary's it a whole different story. We are almost always the two standing in the game of Kind of the Hill. The energy in this game IS three times as high as a normal home game. This is the game that will bring out the best in these two teams. This is a true Rivalry game and there is NO love between the two teams, and we've seen this acted out on numerous occasions when Randy B. walked by Few after the game and refused to shake his hand.

This is a game when the Gonzaga student body will put up their tents, for at least two nights I think. and will hold back the freezing weather which tries to impose it's will on the energized student body of the Zags. There is power in their stand to withstand freezing whether for the good of their team. Their act of love does make a difference in this game. The students will survive this kind of freezing weather, and they will be ready when they begin to fill K2 an hour before the game and begin to pound St. Mary's as they try to "warm=up." The student body WILL make a difference tomorrow. They always do. This is the game where the Kennel Club shows America who they are and how they affect the game.

This is also the game where ZagNation comes together in unison and power to help their Zags win. Like the Kennel Club ZagNation has power. It is powerful, proud basketball family who has a deep love for our Zags. We may have thought this or thought that, or we may have said this or that about the young Zags. We may have even criticized Mark Few a time or two. But for this game it's all put aside, and we come together as fans of our Zags to do damage to the Gaels. This is the biggest game in the Kennel this year. We are ready, and we will be more ready by Thursday.

Go Zags!!!
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    I am one of the old timers here on the board; so for me this is the most important game so far this year. As it always is when we play St. Mary's, and especially at home in K2. This game is always for conference supremicy, and to old timers conference play is important. You can say all the negative things that you want to say about the WCC, but to me it is still our conference, and every team in it wants to beat Gonzaga. When we play them they give it all they have.

Against St. Mary's it a whole different story. We are almost always the two standing in the game of Kind of the Hill. The energy in this game IS three times as high as a normal home game. This is the game that will bring out the best in these two teams. This is a true Rivalry game and there is NO love between the two teams, and we've seen this acted out on numerous occasions when Randy B. walked by Few after the game and refused to shake his hand.

This is a game when the Gonzaga student body will put up their tents, for at least two nights I think. and will hold back the freezing weather which tries to impose it's will on the energized student body of the Zags. There is power in their stand to withstand freezing whether for the good of their team. Their act of love does make a difference in this game. The students will survive this kind of freezing weather, and they will be ready when they begin to fill K2 an hour before the game and begin to pound St. Mary's as they try to "warm=up." The student body WILL make a difference tomorrow. They always do. This is the game where the Kennel Club shows America who they are and how they affect the game.

This is also the game where ZagNation comes together in unison and power to help their Zags win. Like the Kennel Club ZagNation has power. It is powerful, proud basketball family who has a deep love for our Zags. We may have thought this or thought that, or we may have said this or that about the young Zags. We may have even criticized Mark Few a time or two. But for this game it's all put aside, and we come together as fans of our Zags to do damage to the Gaels. This is the biggest game in the Kennel this year. We are ready, and we will be more ready by Thursday.

Go Zags!!!
    Great post, Bornie! This matchup has decided the WCC just about every year this century, a testament to both programs rather than indictment against the rest of the leak. These two programs have set the standard both on and off the court, and continue to raise the bar.

I’m looking forward to Reborn’s Game Day thread tomorrow morning.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    Great post, Bornie! This matchup has decided the WCC just about every year this century, a testament to both programs rather than indictment against the rest of the leak. These two programs have set the standard both on and off the court, and continue to raise the bar.

I’m looking forward to Reborn’s Game Day thread tomorrow morning.
    ha ha ha ha you are excited aren't you. I have bad new for you buddie. Tomorrow is only Wednesday hahahahahaha
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GonzaGAW View Post
    - I'm local and being a bulldog club member I usually get to a half dozen games a year.
    - last year at the last moment an in law called and had a ticket to the st. Mary's game. I'm here to tell you the electricity and energy in the kennel for that game was 3x a typical game, and it had no let up in emotion from start to finish.

- go zags!
    Ooooo, Cool! In a nutshell - we're in the same boat! Going to the game Thursday but it'll be our first SMC game. We'll wave from over in 114 behind the student section We're REALLY pumped after a slew of 'students on vacation' attendance games. The place is going to be rocking! I don't think we'll be sitting much during this one.....
    Just read the Bulldog Club (now ZAG club) email ...

Men's Basketball - Home Game
    Thursday, January 18 | 6 p.m. | vs Saint Mary’s SOLD OUT
    http://www.fowlplaces.com/zags/GoZagsTinySignGuyGlassesColor.png