Thread: It's Game Day, the best day of the week. GU vs USF

Default It's Game Day, the best day of the week. GU vs USF

This has always been a really tough road game for the Zags; and I'm really looking forward to watching it tonight. I like the Saturday games becomes they come so quickly after the Thursday night game. There's not a lot of waiting. I'm sure the Zags are ready for a game that should be tougher than the past four games. However, I wouldn't bet that it'll be a whole lot tougher. The Dons have an unimpressive season so far, but as we all know, a victory over the Zags will make their season a successful one for them.

The Zags have made a lot of progress in their last four games in developing a style of play that looks more like Gonzaga basketball. They really are beginning to play together a whole lot more. They are getting used to how each other plays, as much as they're fitting in to the roles and game plan that Few wants from them game to game. The biggest change we are seeing is in Hachimura. He's getting more minutes and he's been given the freedom to score more. And is he ever taking advantage of that showing that he is a very talented basketball player. He shot 8-10 in his last game, and he's shooting above 90% from the free throw line. He's also showing that he's a whole lot better on defense than we thought he'd be, and the same for rebounding.

Kispert is another player who is now finding his game in a new way as a role player coming off the bench.Currently, Gonzaga has six players scoring in double figures, and Kispert is next in line. He could become the 7th Zag to average in double figures. He is currently at 8.4 and really has not been shooting good at all from the outside. I think most of us believe that at some point that will change.

It is also possible that Melson has found his outside shot, He certainly found it Thursday night when he led the Zags in scoring. I'm hoping he can keep that up for the rest of the season, and if he can, look out WCC.

The games at 6:30 pm so let's get ready to rock and roll. Get your Zag gear ready.

Go Zags!!!
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Thank you Reborn for your reliable game day post. Really looking forward to this game. Zags have had an easy start to conference play (unlike SMC) so it’s about time we see one of the better conference opponents. Hate to go into SMC game without having opportunity to develop against teams better than RPI 200 or worse.

Any new on JW3.

Quote Originally Posted by Zag_Dad View Post
    Thank you Reborn for your reliable game day post. Really looking forward to this game. Zags have had an easy start to conference play (unlike SMC) so it’s about time we see one of the better conference opponents. Hate to go into SMC game without having opportunity to develop against teams better than RPI 200 or worse.

Any new on JW3.
    good point
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!