Thread: Favorite Zag Game

Default Favorite Zag Game

One of my favorite Zag games was the WCC tournament semifinals from 2 years ago ('15-'16). We'd lost in the regular season to both BYU and Saint Mary's. We only had 1 top-50 win thus far. The streak was in big jeopardy. And there was an HBO show being made about the team called "March to Madness".

Eric McClellan rallied the team to a awesome finish in the WCC by wiping out the team's 2 biggest rivals when it mattered, and then the zags went on to win several games in the NCAA tourney and do better than expected. Eric's story reminds me a little bit of J3 -- both were transfers from the schools at the same part of the country, and both seem to have really found a "home" playing and living in Spokane, WA.

You can catch an extremely excited and encouraging Nigel Williams-Goss cheering on the guys throughout the game and at the halftime break. I guess he'd been practicing and lifting and training with them all year at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by LTownZag View Post
    One of my favorite Zag games was the WCC tournament semifinals from 2 years ago ('15-'16). We'd lost in the regular season to both BYU and Saint Mary's. We only had 1 top-50 win thus far. The streak was in big jeopardy. And there was an HBO show being made about the team called "March to Madness".

Eric McClellan rallied the team to a awesome finish in the WCC by wiping out the team's 2 biggest rivals when it mattered, and then the zags went on to win several games in the NCAA tourney and do better than expected. Eric's story reminds me a little bit of J3 -- both were transfers from the schools at the same part of the country, and both seem to have really found a "home" playing and living in Spokane, WA.

You can catch an extremely excited and encouraging Nigel Williams-Goss cheering on the guys throughout the game and at the halftime break. I guess he'd been practicing and lifting and training with them all year at that point.

One possession game at about 4 minutes left. That close to the streak ending. Wiltjer and sabonis won this one for us. Do you have link to the next game at st Mary’s I couldn’t find it. Would love for o rewatch that one.

DD, Slim Gym, v Pep, WCC semi....not close

2d place......NC -1......v SC