• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • seacatfan
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2014

something wrong in Tucson

Following up a putrid performance on the road against Colorado, Arizona opened the game trailing Oregon St. 12-2 in the first 5 minutes. Still trailing 22-18 approaching halftime. This is a heartless, gutless group of Wildcats this year. Something is seriously wrong with this team. I was hoping they put it behind them after the Bahamas tournament, but it doesn't appear they have.
  • jazzdelmar
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by seacatfan View Post
    Following up a putrid performance on the road against Colorado, Arizona opened the game trailing Oregon St. 12-2 in the first 5 minutes. Still trailing 22-18 approaching halftime. This is a heartless, gutless group of Wildcats this year. Something is seriously wrong with this team. I was hoping they put it behind them after the Bahamas tournament, but it doesn't appear they have.
    All those 5 Star players ? Point guard stinks and Miller loves him.

Comment

• seacatfan
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2014

Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post
      All those 5 Star players ? Point guard stinks and Miller loves him.
      Not many options. Fr. Barcello isn't ready to take the reigns. Play Trier or Alkins out of position?

Comment

• JPtheBeasta
        Zag for Life
        • Oct 2008

Something's wrong with the Gonzaga Men's Basketball Forum.

Comment

• LTownZag
          Banned
          • Mar 2017

As a casual observer - do you think Sean Miller is somehow TOO intense or loud/energetic for the job? Obviously there are have been good and successful coaches of all stripes, but I wonder if he scares his players.

Comment

• jazzdelmar
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by seacatfan View Post
            Not many options. Fr. Barcello isn't ready to take the reigns. Play Trier or Alkins out of position?
            I thought Barcello was the 2d coming of Damon? Local kid.

Comment

• seacatfan
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2014

Originally posted by LTownZag View Post
              As a casual observer - do you think Sean Miller is somehow TOO intense or loud/energetic for the job? Obviously there are have been good and successful coaches of all stripes, but I wonder if he scares his players.
              Some Arizona fans think he micromanages too much. Needs to loosen up and let the players play. That and figure out how to attack a freaking zone defense already. Still clueless, has been the entire time he's been at UA.

Comment

• seacatfan
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2014

Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post
                I thought Barcello was the 2d coming of Damon? Local kid.
                I wasn't aware of that kind of expectations for him. He looked decent early in the season but has disappeared lately.

Comment

• RenoZag
                  Super Moderator
                  • Feb 2007

Wasn't there a quote from Miller last week where he said he just couldn't get this team to play for him ?
                  The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• Zagceo
                    Zag for Life
                    • Nov 2013

Originally posted by RenoZag View Post
                    Wasn't there a quote from Miller last week where he said he just couldn't get this team to play for him ?
                    3:00 min in

Miller has good media personality...

Comment

• seacatfan
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2014

I think he's a good, not great coach. You can find stuff to nitpick about him. He's definitely stubborn. But this year is something different. They have the talent, but it's just not coming together.

Comment

Working...
                      X