• jbslicer
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Georgia or Alabama?

jb is picking the Dawgs.
  • Birddog
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

I can't stand Bama and esp Saban OTOH I dislike most things Georgia, so it's Georgia by the slimmest of margins.
    Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.

Comment

• seacatfan
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2014

Can't really win since it will be an SEC school either way, but Georgia the lesser of two evils.

Comment

• TexasZagFan
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Birddog View Post
        I can't stand Bama and esp Saban OTOH I dislike most things Georgia, so it's Georgia by the slimmest of margins.
        +1

Comment

• Zagceo
          Zag for Life
          • Nov 2013

football not getting decided by the foot...in regulation

Comment

• CDC84
            Super Moderator
            • Feb 2007

I am really interested in seeing the TV ratings for tonight's game. The lead college football writer for USA Today was predicting a very poor showing. Not only because the game involved 2 teams who are right next to each other and who play in the same league, but also because fans throughout the country are getting tired of Alabama dominating the sport. That was his observation as a national sportswriter. Despite all the talent that UK and Duke gather up in college basketball, they don't make the final 4 every year. I don't know about the pros, but from a TV standpoint, it's not healthy for a collegiate sport to see one team dominate like this. I mean, even in a season where 'Bama failed to make it to their conference title game, and ended up losing to a team that was beaten by college football's only unbeaten team.....they STILL won the national title. Unfortunately nothing can really be done about it until Saban retires, although I hear Georgia has got an unbelievable recruiting class coming in.

Comment

• Birddog
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

There was at least one blown call that could have meant the game. Also, it's apparent that teams in the SE seem to have an abundance of big fast sumo wrestlers at their disposal while in other parts of the country they seem to be scarce. Both Bama and Georgia will be tough to beat next year.
              Birddog

Comment

• seacatfan
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2014

SEC schools probably have a higher salary cap than other conferences. I'm kidding. Sort of. Not really.

Comment

• seacatfan
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2014

Along those lines. Charles Barkley likes to talk. You maybe can't believe everything he says. But this doesn't seem like the kind of thing you'd lie about. Regarding how it works at Auburn and the SEC. Athletes being "taken care of."

in a locker room, Charles Barkley talks about meeting Dirk Novitski when Dirk was 18 years old and scred 52 on Scottie Pippen

Comment

• Birddog
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by seacatfan View Post
                    Along those lines. Charles Barkley likes to talk. You maybe can't believe everything he says. But this doesn't seem like the kind of thing you'd lie about. Regarding how it works at Auburn and the SEC. Athletes being "taken care of."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1TxcLux7do
                    Did you see the post game interview with the Hawaiian QB? He thanked the Lord for a lot of stuff including his family being able to move to Alabama to follow his career.
                    Birddog

Comment

• seacatfan
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2014

Originally posted by Birddog View Post
                      Did you see the post game interview with the Hawaiian QB? He thanked the Lord for a lot of stuff including his family being able to move to Alabama to follow his career.
                      Ha ha. I didn't watch a second of the game or any post game. Are you suggesting it wasn't the Lord that allowed his family to move to Alabama, but maybe some generous boosters?

Comment

• Birddog
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2007

Ha ha. I didn't watch a second of the game or any post game. Are you suggesting it wasn't the Lord that allowed his family to move to Alabama, but maybe some generous boosters?
                        Well, the thought occurred, but then I'm a skeptic about a lot of things. Sometimes The Lord works in mysterious ways though.
                        Last edited by Birddog; 01-10-2018, 05:19 AM.
                        Birddog

Comment

• Martin Centre Mad Man
                          Administrator
                          • Apr 2009

Shaq has made similar remarks about LSU.
                          “No team in the country has a better winning percentage against power conference teams since 2017 than Gonzaga... the Zags are playing above average teams in the best leagues in the country and winning 78% of the time.”

-Ken Pomeroy-

https://www.ksl.com/article/50342950...in-perspective

Comment

• willandi
                            Zag for Life
                            • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Martin Centre Mad Man View Post
                            Shaq has made similar remarks about LSU.
                            Both those players were 20+ years ago, were they not? No doubt that things used to be done. They are not supposed to be being done now.

I know they weren't supposed to be done then too, but it should have improved somewhat.
                            Not even a smile? What's your problem!

Comment

• seacatfan
                              Zag for Life
                              • Feb 2014

If those things were done before, it's very possible they are still being done. And Charles was laughing about Cam Newton being a good investment for $200,000. That wasn't very long ago. I seem to recall one of Newton's teammates, Nick Fairley, claimed he was paid while in college, shortly after he left school. I can't find a google link regarding that, but I have a fairly distinct memory of hearing that reported on TV.

Comment

Working...
                              X