Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Emergence of Rui Hachmura

Cool Emergence of Rui Hachmura

To Fish & Game: Keep streams stocked well for Mr. Few!

lol

he has been fun to watch grow into himself, playing with so much more confidence. at one point last night after missing a D assignment, Few went off on him right then and there, and Rui nodded his head, copped to it, kept playing. very cool!
    still hope to see him start dropping the 3s when he's open, hope to see his confidence grow with that shot. seems like he doesn't really even look at the basket from out there right now
    interested to see him against other matchups too, how he handles a P5 matchup now

He is letting the game come to him.
    My favorite play last night was the coast to coast move, and the Ice Man finger roll. He is fun to watch.
    The high low play with JW is working nicely.

overall progress is impressive, though the perimeter shooting has been a little disappointing considering how well he shot during fiba...maybe still a confidence issue there...

its my impression Rui does not have the green light to take threes, and is still focusing on team play and looking for passes, in order to play the process Few is trying to teach him. I am sure its ok if shot clock is running down. Rui reminds me of a freshman tennis player who joined the team and had excellent basic strokes and footwork but hit everything so hard he was easy to beat. The next year he was #1 and going away. Rui is the explosion waiting to happen and we are witnessing the beginning of the uplift, IMO.

Watching Rui, Snacks and Jacob progress has made this season worthwhile all in itself. Rui’s growth is beyond what I could have hoped for. Still a ways to go but there is no longer any doubt about this young man. He has NBA written all over him. His movement away from the ball, his passing and his positioning on rebounds is exploding. And he’s not asking threes because Coach doesn’t want him to — yet. He’s showing so much stuff, I’m frankly worried about him going out at the end of this year.

The video is a nice analogy. Good find by the OP

Quote Originally Posted by tyra View Post
    Watching Rui, Snacks and Jacob progress has made this season worthwhile all in itself. Rui’s growth is beyond what I could have hoped for. Still a ways to go but there is no longer any doubt about this young man. He has NBA written all over him. His movement away from the ball, his passing and his positioning on rebounds is exploding. And he’s not asking threes because Coach doesn’t want him to — yet. He’s showing so much stuff, I’m frankly worried about him going out at the end of this year.
    +1

What is the Japanese word for wunderkind?

My dad chatted with Rui last night after the game... said he was a very personable kid and his english sounded pretty good. My dad told him how much him and i enjoyed being able to see the zags in person at the final four last year, and he asked him how many years before we see the zags again in the final four and Rui replied "2 months". Love it!

Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    +1

Don’t know, but I’m pretty sure the German word for wunderkind is “wunderkind”.

+1

神童. (pronounce:Shindou ) 
    Japanese fan

Rui is must see TV.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Skimhvn View Post
    How'd You Do Dat?!

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    Don’t know, but I’m pretty sure the German word for wunderkind is “wunderkind”.
    Did your time in Germany help you with this one?

Quote Originally Posted by Skimhvn View Post
    Thanks

Did your time in Germany help you with this one?
    Damn straight! Lol

As Tex remarked...... Rui is Baylor like ....a truly remarkable athlete ....but if he wants to play in the NBA, I think he has to prove that he can defend anyone and shoot the three at a respectable percentage.....my view is that he will play in Japan....

The theory that if he will be drafted to play in the NBA because he would capture a huge Japanese consumer market..... assumes that he would be a all star ......and that there is a huge consumer market for American products in Japan....

I am under the impression that baseball is huge in Japan....if anyone was marketable in that regard..... it would have been Ichiro ....so I am sure that the people that invest hundreds of millions will know what is likely to happen...
    Last edited by bartruff1; 01-08-2018 at 08:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Rui is must see TV.
    what if it's against wcc competition though?

Quote Originally Posted by ZagMan in Philly View Post
    He is letting the game come to him.
    My favorite play last night was the coast to coast move, and the Ice Man finger roll. He is fun to watch.
    The high low play with JW is working nicely.
    Ditto.

He is no doubt learning to pick his spots to explode like that. He caught LMU in transition and out of position and exploited it.

He was the one player I was most apprehensive about in the preseason. I am happily surprised to see him excel. Bodes well for the team.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

That was a great vid Thanks!
    Rui is a goodly part why my Zags/Pilots score prediction is so lopsided for the Zags. Few commented that Rui was coming along fine in the Mark Few show last night. He's sure fun to watch in person. Love his grin! Warms the heart. Got a feeling we'll be seeing that grin lots more this season.
    http://www.fowlplaces.com/zags/GoZagsTinySignGuyGlassesColor.png

Quote Originally Posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
    My dad chatted with Rui last night after the game... said he was a very personable kid and his english sounded pretty good. My dad told him how much him and i enjoyed being able to see the zags in person at the final four last year, and he asked him how many years before we see the zags again in the final four and Rui replied "2 months". Love it!
    I Love his answer too. Confident young man. Go Rui.

Quote Originally Posted by gonstu View Post
    Honestly, the only thing worth watching.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Honestly, the only thing worth watching.
    lol you are too much

Quote Originally Posted by gonstu View Post
    It's much more interesting to watch than Big Ten hoops, and ESPN is in agreement.

http://www.espn.com/blog/collegebask...ess-and-boring

It's worth reiterating how solid Rui has been in WCC play.

He is really coming into his own. I cannot believe the adjustments and improvement he's made during the season.

I'd like to see what he could do with more minutes.