• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Reborn
    Zag for Life
    • Oct 2007

It's Game Day, the best day of the week. Zags vs LMU

I love the feeling in the morning when I wake up, pull myself out of bed, and while I'm walking to the coffee maker I suddenly remember, "It's game day." I nice smile comes to my face as I begin to make my coffee. I then love the next fifteen minutes that I spend thinking about how much I love our team. Among my many thoughts I will always have that wonderful feeling of how lucky I am to be a Zag. I stop for a minute and thank God. My life is different because I'm a Zag. Not a lot, but I am happier because I am a Zag.

This is not last year or the year before, or the year before that. It's not any of the years that I've followed each Gonzaga team with passion. This is year has been different than them all. We have a lot of new players running up and down the court. The thing that is different for me about this years team is that there are not just one or two stars. or maybe three, who carry the team. There are eight. I don't think that there has ever been a Gonzaga team that is this deep in talent. Gonzaga is the only team in our country who has six players averaging double figures in scoring, and honestly by the end of the year we will have seven. That's pretty amazing. You just never know from one night to the next who the stars will be, and that is what's so exciting about this team. Who will be the starts tonight? Now that IS something that's really hard to predict.

I'm looking forward to seeing who they will be tonight. I'm also looking forward to watching some really good defense and another 80 to 90 point game.

Go Zags!!!
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!
  • TexasZagFan
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Damn, bornie, just damn, you’re bringing tears to my eyes. I thought it was just me, how differently I felt about this year’s team. The way I saw how our players bonded with my grandson (not to mention the 500+ campers), really stuck with me. My son continues to speak of how he “took on” Josh in a game of one on one, losing only 21-7.

I enjoyed my coffee this morning, too, in this year’s Christmas gift of a coffee cup from Big D: the pictures on the cup included a photo of us standing at half court of the Kennel.

Thank God for Game Day, and a special thanks to you for these threads.

Comment

• MontanaCoyote
      Zag for Life
      • Dec 2015

Originally posted by TexasZagFan View Post
      Damn, bornie, just damn, you’re bringing tears to my eyes. I thought it was just me, how differently I felt about this year’s team. The way I saw how our players bonded with my grandson (not to mention the 500+ campers), really stuck with me. My son continues to speak of how he “took on” Josh in a game of one on one, losing only 21-7.

I enjoyed my coffee this morning, too, in this year’s Christmas gift of a coffee cup from Big D: the pictures on the cup included a photo of us standing at half court of the Kennel.

Thank God for Game Day, and a special thanks to you for these threads.
      Here, Here!

Comment

• ZagsGoZags
        Zag for Life
        • Nov 2007

me too, Reborn,
        I love getting up knowing we play today,
        and don't like following the Dance when 7 barren months face me.
        This year I started watching old zag games on YouTube with another zag buddy, and got to know the early team 99 - 2003 much better, for I only discovered the zags in 2003. That was actually a lot of fun.

Comment

Working...
        X